Cass Scenic Railroad State Park Hotels

Our Members Say

• zobtraffic profile photo zobtraffic
  • Reviews: 5

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

VRBO or Home Away: Beware of local hotels

My wife and I were planning our trip to Cass, WV. and we were bring my wife's parents along with us. With this in mind I really wanted to make sure everyone was very comfortable being that we were going during the hot month of July. After researching many local hotels in and around the area (up to an hour away I searched) I decided to look on VRBO. I was very pleasantly surprised on the real estate for rent and what a great price it was during the summer. The reason is that Cass is in the vicinity to the ski resort Snow Shoe. Being that it was in the off season for skiing we rented a beautiful home at the entrance to Snow Shoe for $145 a night. It was an awesome home in the mountains with a great outdoor playset for my boy. I would highly recommend at least looking at VRBO or home away for this trip. Many of the hotels that I researched in the area had no A/C and seemed very sketchy to say the least. Keep in mind that if you are going during the summer the owners of the homes are all more than willing to negotiate a price with you.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Family Travel, Road Trip
  • Written August 23, 2013

• Toughluck profile photo Toughluck
  • Reviews: 1747

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Cass Scenic Railroad State Park Lodging: Stay in a restored homes

We didn't stay, but the state park has restored many of the original company homes and makes the available for rent.

• Opinion of Price: N/A