Days Inn Charleston East

#14
Rank 14 of 21 hotels
in Charleston
Terrible (1.0 out of 5.0) 1 review

Scary experience at this Days Inn!!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 4, 2010

We had made reservations at this Days Inn. We called to try and cancel our reservation, but agreed to go ahead and stay since they would not let us cancel our reservation. They said we could not cancel because they had our credit card information and would charge us for the night if we did not stay there. We went ahead and checked into the hotel.

About a few minutes after walking into our hotel room, we received a phone call from the front desk that they needed to slide our credit card. I said, I thought you had our credit card information which was the reason we had to stay there?? I said, OK, that we would come down to the front desk. A couple minutes later we received another phone call that we HAD to go down there. I said, I realize this, but my husband is in the bathroom and he needs to bring you the credit card. Then a couple minutes later we received a third phone call! I said, this is extremely rude, we will be down as soon as we can get down there. The fourth time the owner called, my husband was ready to walk out the door to go down there. I had him answer the phone.

The owner began screaming at him that he had to sign their register right now! This was the first we had heard about the register... My husband asked him to calm down. The owner continued to yell and my husband told the owner he was being extremely rude and we would be leaving his hotel. He asked for the owners name. He refused to give his name to my husband. He said, I am the owner of the Days Inn. My husband asked if he was the owner of the Days Inn across the country? The owner became belligerent and implied my husband was being racist and said you don't like me because I am from a different country!! We had never met the owner and could not believe he was accusing a guest of being racist!

After informing the owner over the phone we would be leaving their hotel. The owner showed up banging loudly on our door. My husband opened the door to the owner screaming at us to get out repeatedly. He grabbed the key cards from my husband. We were very afraid of how out of control and belligerent the owner was acting. He told my husband to f**ck off.

The owner did end up charging us for that night. Of course, we disputed the charge and will not be paying for the night we did not stay at this horrible Days Inn! Do NOT stay here!

Nearby Days Inn Charleston East

Days Inn Charleston East

• Charleston Days Inn
  • Days Inn Charleston East Hotel Charleston

Address: 6400 MacCorkle Avenue SE, Charleston, West Virginia, 25304, United States

Amenities at Days Inn Charleston East

• Continental Breakfast
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Charleston Travel Forum

Need advice about Charleston, West Virginia? Visit the Travel Forum for Charleston and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Charleston hotel reviews