Hampton Inn Charleston Downtown

Hampton Inn Charleston - Downtown
Orbitz.com Priceline.com Travelocity

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Easy Access from I-64

There are two Hampton Inns in Charleston. This one is near the Convention Center. (I think DTW stands for Downtown.) The website says:

All Hampton Inns Rates Include *
    * Free Continental Breakfast *
    **********************************
    Family Plan-
    *Children 18yrs And Under, Or A 3rd Or 4th Adult Stay Free When Sharing A Room With You.
    *Lifestyle 50-hampton Inns Senior Discount

One of the things I do like about Hampton Inns is the hot breakfast. Usually they have cranberry juice which is what I drink. The hotel was quite full during our stay and it was hard to find a place to sit to eat the breakfast.

They say they have local area transportation. That usually means transportation to the airport. According to the literature in the hotel, there was an indoor pool which is most unusual for a Hampton Inn - most of them have outdoor pools which of course are closed in cold weather. I never managed to find the pool.

This Hampton Inn had elevators and free parking. We found a place to park right next to the entrance, so we walked to dinner.

Unique Quality: One of the reasons that I like the Hampton Inns is their complimentary high-speed internet access in every room plus wireless access in the public areas. From this one, I could also send email. The following night in Charlottesville, I could only send email from the internet. They also have free local calls which is handy if you can't use the wireless internet..

We walked across the bridge to have dinner near the Sears and Civic Center at a place called Fifth Quarter. Other area restaurants include:

* Bennigan's
    * Bob Evans
    * Tidewater
    * Joey's
    * Joe Fazios
    * Chophouse

The light bulb in our bedside light was burned out. We replaced it with another bulb that was working.

Directions: From Charleston Yeager Airport, Take Rt 114 South To I-64 West. Proceed On I-64 West 2 Miles To Washington St/Civic Center Exit. Go Straight Thru 4 Lights To Virginia. Turn Left. Hotel Is On Left.

Comments