The Marriott is Charleston's best large hotel. It is conveniently located in downtown Charleston, across from the Charleston Town Center mall and about a block away from the city's arena. The service was good and the rooms were nice. Our favorite feature was the indoor swimming pool, which had nice warm water.
I stayed here during the West Virginia Book Festival and had a great time. As far as amenities go, it's pretty standard for a 3 star hotel. It had an indoor pool and hottub, a fairly decent exercise room, a bar, and a reasonably priced restaurant. It also had a room where guests had access to the Internet on a computer. The best aspect of it was that it was very convienent to the convention center where the festival was. It was certainly walkable, about 5 minutes. And it was literally right across the street from the mall. Out one door and in another. My only complaint was that there weren't any restaurants close by. You could eat in the mall (we ate at the Chop House) but you really had to drive to go anywhere else.
Unique Quality: Nearby Attractions
- Blenko Glass Factory .. 30 Mi
- Charlerston Civic Center .. Across the Street
- Charleston Town Center Mall .. Across the Street
- Clay Center Adventures in Art and Science .. 1.5 Mi
- Governor's Mansion .. 2 Mi
- Hawks Nest State Park .. 35 Mi
- Marshall University .. 45 Mi
- Minor League Baseball Watt Powell Park.. 3 Mi
- New River Gorge Bridge .. 40 Mi
- P a Denny Sternwheller Boat Rides .. 1 Mi
- West Virginia Cultural Center .. 2 Mi
- West Virginia State Capitol .. 2 Mi
- White Water Rafting Trip .. 40 Mi
Directions: Across from the mall and the convention center.
2772 Pennsylvania Ave., Charleston
1 Preferred Place, Charleston
400 Second Avenue SW, Charleston
1 Virginia Street West, Charleston
Latest Charleston hotel reviews
We've found that other people looking for this hotel also know it by these names:
Address: 200 Lee Street East, Charleston, West Virginia, 25301, United States