255 Resort Drive, Daniels West Virginia 25832, United States
Hotels.com Expedia.com Booking.com

More about Glade Springs Resort

New Years Eve

by TripAdvisor Member jwhetzel6338

My wife and I and a few of our friends just stayed at Glade Springs for our New Years Eve celebration. We wanted to use the resort primarily as a place to stay when we went skiing, however, El Nino did not cooperate and a week of temperatures above freezing prevented us from actually going skiing. The resort is nice but a work in progress. It is a short drive to the slopes at Winter Place and they have a shuttle that will carry you to the slopes and back, which, is very nice. The grounds are well kept and the new parts of the resort are very nice. We stayed in the executive suites, which are not all that nice. Small and cramped with no fridge, the suites are not worth the price we paid. The resort did offer a lot of activities while we were there e.g. a scavenger hunt, ice skating, bowling, so there was stuff to do and if you have kids I think they would have a lot to do at Glade Springs. The staff is composed of townies from the area so just go into the experience knowing you will be interacting with locals and you'll be all right. I thought overall the staff was friendly, but I did not ask too much of them. I will say the housekeeping staff was good and in fact I was very impressed with the lady cleaning my room. At check out I realized I had forgotten my Bose Sound Dock for my iPod and when I went back the cleaning lady had covered it and put it on her cart and seemed to be waiting for me to come back. She was a nice Asian lady who did not speak English very well but she did seem to be expecting me back. My biggest issue would be the "spa" it's actually pretty gross. It has what you need but it just seems to be straight out of the early 80's. The weight room is on an old racquetball court and the locker rooms are dark and musky with a not clean feeling. The hot tub had a leak and the sauna had old wood boards that left a nice residue after you sat on them (don't let that make you think I didn’t use them). Overall, it was a fun place and would probably be excellent for golfing or a quiet time but it has some issues and is rather expensive for what you get.

Go Rest and Relax! Awesome Golf! Charlotte, NC

by TripAdvisor Member calbrtsn

We just visited Glade Springs for the first time and what a pleasant surprise! We stayed in the Executive Suites in Adams. Our room was clean and very large! We had no problems with ice or drinks mentioned
in the previous posts. The food was very good. We ate at the Rotunda and at the Club House. The Stonehaven Golf Course is beautiful! Viewing the houses in this resort is worth the trip-gorgeous! This is a quiet resort with great wildlife. We probably saw 40 deer in our quick two day trip! The staff was very helpful. Thank you for a restful and peaceful weekend!

Also very disappointed

by TripAdvisor Member Zeeblic

The staff was very inexperienced. Mistakes galore from check in to final billing (make sure you check your bill!!). The room was dated, tired, and had a terrible odor of mold or skunk. Looks like the place just doesn't have its act together or has fallen on hard times...there were very few guests on a Friday evening. Thank god we only booked one night.

Awesome resort

by TripAdvisor Member RCrisci264

I went to Glade Springs with a golf group of guys in August. It is an awesome place and I plan to go back and take my wife.
The golf courses are great, accomadations top of the line. Food was excellent and the business center and workout facilites are first class as well.

Comments