HC 59, Box 3, Seneca Rocks, West Virginia, 26884, United States

Satisfaction Terrible

• Deneen1's Profile Photo

Seneca Rock's Worst and Only Motel

After a hot day of hiking up Seneca Rocks we were unable to take a shower. There wasn't enough water pressure. The 90 year old owner blames it on someone doing laundry, although the women working the desk the next morning told us that nobody was doing laundry and they KNEW there was a problem. Also they told us that about 15 other people came in and complained of the same thing. They didn't offer us a refund or a discount. They did offer a cabin which is a lot more expensive and they did not offer it at a discount either.
    There are no other motels within driving distance (45 minutes to an hour) that were not full.
    You had to wait at least 30 minutes between flushes for the toilet tank to fill up with enough water so that you could flush it. In the morning it was worse - not only could we not get enough water pressure to take a shower the toilet would not flush at all. There was no water in the toilet tank. I had to stand at the sink filling up cups from the trickle pouring it into the toilet tank until there was enough to flush the toilet.
    The air conditioner was so dirty that we were afraid to turn it on. In an attempt to get some air in the room I opened the only window which was in the bathroom and it fell off in my hands.
    The pictures on the website are beautiful but I believe they are either taken in the cabins or the new motel with kitchenettes over top of the general store.
    I did not pay for a campsite, I payed for a motel room which I assumed comes with plumbing that works. Because they are the ONLY motel in this area they really have you, if you arrive later in the evening there is not anywhere else you can drive to unless you want to drive another 45 minutes to an hour on twisty dark mountain roads after hiking or driving all day.

Unique Quality: Great view

Directions: From the intersection of Routes 33 and 28 drive north toward Petersburg approximately 1/4 mile and the motel is on the right. It is next to Yokum's Restaurant.

Comments