I70 Exit 11 Dallas Pike, Wheeling, West Virginia, United States

More about Wheeling

Mt Washington Tavern at Fort Necessity, PAMt Washington Tavern at Fort Necessity, PA

The indoor section of the Good ZooThe indoor section of the Good Zoo

One of our favorite light displays at OglebayOne of our favorite light displays at Oglebay

The Glass Museum's glassblowerThe Glass Museum's glassblower

Travel Tips for Wheeling

Best Chicken Wings and Fries ever!

by maroonknight1

When in the Wheeling area, you must visit Drovers Inn at 1001 Washington,Pike in Wellsburg ,WV (15 miles north of Wheeling on WV route 2) Drovers was an old stagecoach stop turned into a restaurant. They are widely known for their chicken wings and cheese covered french fries.

A Great Place to Live

by maroonknight1

"Why live in Wheeling,WV?"

Beautiful city on the Ohio River. Very low crime rate. People are known for their friendliness. Great schools and Colleges (Wheeling Jesuit, West Liberty, Bethany, WV Northern and Ohio University Eastern. Pittsburgh is 1 hour away and Columbus,Ohio 2 1/2 hrs away. Wheeling has 2 beautiful park systems': Oglebay (nationaly known) and Wheeling Park.

oneonta_ni's new Wheeling Page

by oneonta_ni

We only drove through West Virginia on our way to Ohio and only saw the northern tip and drove past Wheeling. It is a pretty state with rolling hills and beautiful scenery. I have read that it is a really peaceful relaxing place and it is one of the states I would like to see more of. There were a lot of glassmakers in the area and glass museums. My comments from my diary say that Wheeling is a nice, newer town in the hills.

Comments