Microtel Inn And Suites Appleton

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Appleton
Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Poor

• CMIRily's Profile Photo

I would not suggest this hotel!

At first glance, our room at Appleton’s Microtel was spacious enough with lovely looking bedding. Our satisfaction declined quickly when first and foremost, there were no towels whatsoever in the bathroom. My daughter went down to the front desk to get towels and the front desk clerk obliged by rolling her eyes. The towels were thin and small and one wash cloth was completely stained brown. (Later when we left for dinner, we noticed a gentleman leaving the front desk with towels and an ice bucket…looks like it’s a hotel policy to give out towels only upon request!)
    The bathtub insert had leftover, used shampoo & conditioner amenities that had been there for who knows how long. The walls above the shower were cracked and unappealing and the floor had some white residue that made me wonder how often they’re washed. All of this remained during our second night stay (why did we stay an additional night?... I’ll get to that later.)
    Although the beds themselves were comfortable enough, the pillows (you get 3 per bed) were lumpy like the ones you would throw out at home. My white coverlet was dirty on the edges and needed washing and one of the pillowcases had a huge tear…that remained on day #2 as well. The reason we stayed for a second night was because we had lugged all of our luggage upstairs with a full stocked cooler. And we were running late for our appointment. Also, when I made the reservation, the clerk told me that they need 24 hours to cancel. I wasn’t looking forward to a fight.
    The Saturday and Sunday day shift desk clerk was quite friendly and attentive but her attire (sweats) looked very unprofessional. The breakfast was just eh. For $68 per night, I expected more. Maybe OK to flop after a football game...but that's about it.

Comments