333 West College Avenue, Appleton, Wisconsin, 54912, United States

Orbitz.com Travelocity Hotels.com

• williger's Profile Photo

Unimpressive Accommidations

Service was friendly. Parking was across the street, but cheap. Restaurants within the building were very good, especially the Vince Lombardi's Steak House which was absolutely delicious.

The rooms were unclean and unsafe. My shower valve broke halfway into my shower and with soap in my eyes I was burned with violently hot water. This is not the end of my nightmares.

The furniture had multiple marks all over - the types of marks that could be cleaned, but were ignored. Other marks, including several cigarette burns couldn't be covered but wouldn't have been as noticeable if they paid attention to the other atrocious filth throughout this room.

To have so many horrible hotel horrors in one stay was added to, when I'd attempted to share this with a manager who preemptively instructed housekeeping to violate my DND request, and attempt to clean before we arrived. Since the levels of filth were so deep, they'd only had a chance to clean the television and part of the dresser before we got to the room.

One of the pillows had a bloodstain in it. Yes a bloodstain. It appeared to have been washed but still disgusting and unsanitary anyway you look at it - come on, that's gross, replace it and don't expect guests paying $130/night to have to sleep in that type of environment.

Manager, after confirming the broken valve, and witnessing the horribly filthy environment had offered to compensate me a night's stay at that hotel. I didn't accept this offer. Considering great food and location, I wished they cared enough to keep this dated place clean.

Friendly people, good location, great food, horrible housekeeping. I'm staying away.

• Packerman's Profile Photo

Best Hotel in Appleton

Since I live here, I have never stayed here. It seems alot of business men stay here. They have a nice swimming pool and other activities you can enjoy. There is also a good restaurant called the Orchard on the lobby level.

Unique Quality: It is smack dab in the middle of downtown.

Directions: Across from the PAC

• hunterV's Profile Photo

Downtown Hotel

We didn't stay in that hotel, but had our state teachers' conference and enjoyed it a lot.

Unique Quality: The hotel has a great conference center where we had our teachers' conference, spacious meeting rooms, two restaurants, splendid courtyard, business amenities, dining in a garden setting, The Clubhouse – a Pub of Sports.
    The amenities also include a swimming pool, a whirlpool, a sauna, an indoor recreation and fitness center that os open for open 24 hours.

Directions: 333 West College Avenue
    P.O.Box 8000
    Appleton, WI 54913

More about Radisson Paper Valley Hotel

Best Hotels Ever!

by hunterV about Where I Used to Stay

I had the privilege of staying at or visiting several superb hotels and will always remember my stay there: "The Governor's House", Rhode Island Avenue, Washington D.C.; "Radisson Hotel" Washington D.C. where we had our debriefing in the fall of 1999; "Congress Plaza Hotel", Chicago, Il where we stayed for two nights during our Chicago tour in 1999and "Paper Valley Hotel" in Appleton where we had our teachers' conference. great view, proximity to all main sites, pool

Classic American City

by hunterV

"Teachers' Conference in Appleton"

On this picture you can see us, Ukrainian educators from Luhansk region, the "chosen few", winners of "Partners in Education" teachers exchange program, during a lunch break at the conference in "Paper Valley Hotel" in Appleton.
Appleton is the biggest of the Fox Cities in the state of Wisconsin. It's often called Classic American City.
We saw that downtown Appleton offered a lot of opportunities for shopping, site seeing, dining, etc.
I only took part at a teachers' conference in this city when I stayed and worked in Green Bay as an exchange teacher, the national winner of "Partners in Education" (PIE) program, and had little time to browse its streets.
We, a group of Ukrainian educators, winners of that contest, stayed and worked at "Paper Valley Hotel" in College Avenue.
This is the picture taken during the lunch break at the conference we attended in Paper Valley Hotel. You can see a group of teachers from Luhansk region, national winners of the US-sponsored teachers contest "Partners in Education".
Thanks a lot, American friends!
It was unforgettable time! A once-in-a-lifetime experience!

Paper Valley Hotel, Appleton, WIPaper Valley Hotel, Appleton, WI

During our lunch break, Paper Valley HotelDuring our lunch break, Paper Valley Hotel

Our group at "Paper Valley Hotel", AppletonOur group at "Paper Valley Hotel", Appleton

Comments