Radisson Paper Valley Hotel

Study Abroad Budget Travel Business Travel
See Amenities
williger's Profile Photo

Unimpressive Accommidations

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 11, 2012

Service was friendly. Parking was across the street, but cheap. Restaurants within the building were very good, especially the Vince Lombardi's Steak House which was absolutely delicious.

The rooms were unclean and unsafe. My shower valve broke halfway into my shower and with soap in my eyes I was burned with violently hot water. This is not the end of my nightmares.

The furniture had multiple marks all over - the types of marks that could be cleaned, but were ignored. Other marks, including several cigarette burns couldn't be covered but wouldn't have been as noticeable if they paid attention to the other atrocious filth throughout this room.

To have so many horrible hotel horrors in one stay was added to, when I'd attempted to share this with a manager who preemptively instructed housekeeping to violate my DND request, and attempt to clean before we arrived. Since the levels of filth were so deep, they'd only had a chance to clean the television and part of the dresser before we got to the room.

One of the pillows had a bloodstain in it. Yes a bloodstain. It appeared to have been washed but still disgusting and unsanitary anyway you look at it - come on, that's gross, replace it and don't expect guests paying $130/night to have to sleep in that type of environment.

Manager, after confirming the broken valve, and witnessing the horribly filthy environment had offered to compensate me a night's stay at that hotel. I didn't accept this offer. Considering great food and location, I wished they cared enough to keep this dated place clean.

Friendly people, good location, great food, horrible housekeeping. I'm staying away.

Packerman's Profile Photo

Best Hotel in Appleton

by written on June 8, 2004

Since I live here, I have never stayed here. It seems alot of business men stay here. They have a nice swimming pool and other activities you can enjoy. There is also a good restaurant called the Orchard on the lobby level.

Unique Quality: It is smack dab in the middle of downtown.

Directions: Across from the PAC

hunterV's Profile Photo

Downtown Hotel

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 25, 2002

We didn't stay in that hotel, but had our state teachers' conference and enjoyed it a lot.

Unique Quality: The hotel has a great conference center where we had our teachers' conference, spacious meeting rooms, two restaurants, splendid courtyard, business amenities, dining in a garden setting, The Clubhouse – a Pub of Sports.
The amenities also include a swimming pool, a whirlpool, a sauna, an indoor recreation and fitness center that os open for open 24 hours.

Directions: 333 West College Avenue

• Shuttle Service
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Appleton Travel Forum

Need advice about Appleton, Wisconsin? Visit the Travel Forum for Appleton and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Appleton hotel reviews