3009 Lakeshore Drive East
AmericInn Ashland
AmericInn.com Travelocity Priceline.com

More about Ashland

Historic DistrictHistoric District

in a state of naturein a state of nature

view from the towerview from the tower

The elusive Brownstone Falls:  Very Steep Gorge WaThe elusive Brownstone Falls: Very Steep Gorge Wa

Travel Tips for Ashland

the Bay Theater

by yooperprof

On the one hand, it's too bad that the theater owners have divided up this quaint downtown cinema into four screens. On the other hand, it's a blessing that they've kept it open - and maintained the historic theater marquee.

Prepare for all types of weather

by babybird

As with most Lake Superior towns, I would pack a variety of warm and cold/wet weather gear. Summers can move the mercury up quite a ways, but the Lake tends to keep things fairly cool at night, even in the summer months. BRING A CAMERA!!!!

Go to Washburn which is a town...

by carolinarose

Go to Washburn which is a town close to Ashland and try the best sausage in the whole world that's homemade. Trinko's. It's off Highway 2 and 13 heading towards Washburn. The phone number is (715) 682-4470. But they are only open during certain months of the year. They make specialty sausage out of Venison that hunter's bring in for their own orders, etc. The best you'll ever taste anywhere guaranteed. And Tetzner's Dairy Farm on the same road, with the freshest best tasting milk you'll ever drink if ya never lived on a farm. I hated milk until I moved here and tasted Tetzner's milk. Now I'm an addict. The only person I know that can finish drinking beer and then head straight for the milk.

ASHLAND is a Great Visit

by babybird

"A great place to Break Up Your Trip"

On my Summer 2005 Trip to The North Shore of Lake Superior, I decided that I would use Ashland as a means of breaking up the trip and shortening my driving to Grand Marais, MN. This proved to not only be a wise choice, but also a pleasant surprise. I had only a cursory knowledge of Ashland prior to this visit. I am convinced that I will be
returning frequently after my pleasant stay there.

Like a lot of small towns, Ashland does tend to close down fairly early, but there is still a fair amount of nightlife and excellent food to be found, as well as live music. It is home to a fine university, plenty of shipping
and industry remnants, and features a broad range of accommodations.

People are extremely friendly and I found myself at home almost immediately. There are many attractive views of Lake Superior to
photograph, and the area seems to be free from most of the big-city crime that can ruin a vacation. All in all, Ashland has much to be proud of and I will enjoy a return trip next summer.

My Birthplace

by klarson

I was born in Ashland, Wisconsin on March 20, 1964. I do not remember living there, as my family moved away shortly thereafter.

Ashland is on the south shore of Lake Superior in northern Wisconsin.

This is the house that my family lived in when I was born. It used to have a garage behind it, but that has since been torn down.

This is the church that my dad was pastor of when we lived in Ashland. It was just a block from our house.

Comments