Gordon Lodge

See Amenities

Our commitment ceremony at Gordon Lodge

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 7, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE! MANY THANKS TO GORDON LODGE!

My partner and I had our commitment ceremony at Gordon Lodge in August 2011. We had started planning our event prior to Illinois' civil union movement starting in June 2011. Still, we couldn't have pictured a more perfect setting to exchange our vows while celebrating with our family and friends (we filled out paperwork in Chicago when we got home.) GORDON LODGE WAS EXTREMELY SUPPORTIVE of hosting a same sex wedding in their facilities. My partner and I felt blessed to have come across such wonderful people who made our planning process effortless and fun! Many of our guests dubbed it the "best wedding ever" and I couldn't agree more. I truly believe this is due to the experienced and competent employees of this establishment. Joe Schlegel, the Director of Events of Food and Beverages, was knowledgable and goes above and beyond to make sure things get done and go smoothly. He is a very nice man and was a pleasure to work with. I can go on and on about everyone...Rory, Patti, the chef, the owner....all extended their warm wishes and congratulations and did everything they could to cater to us and our special event. Now about Gordon Lodge.....it is absolutely breathtakingly beautiful. We had a picturesque outside ceremony and an inside reception. The food was so good (once again...declared the best wedding food ever) And the lodging and facilities offered made everyone who stayed there wanting to come back. I can't say enough good things about our experience with Gordon Lodge!!! All I know is that it wouldn't have been how it was if we had it elsewhere. . It is such a wonderful venue for a commitment ceremony/ wedding and we plan on spending our anniversary there for vacation!

Nearby Gordon Lodge

• Continental Breakfast
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Baileys Harbor Travel Forum

Need advice about Baileys Harbor, Wisconsin? Visit the Travel Forum for Baileys Harbor and ask our Answer Gurus.

Baileys Harbor Travel Guide