1200 S Moorland Rd, Brookfield, WI, 53005-0731

Brookfield Suites Hotel & Convention Center
Hotels.com Travelocity Priceline.com

• riorich55's Profile Photo

An All Suites Hotel

Again, playing the airline points game as I garnished another 500 airline miles for a one night stay. Some people may think I'm crazy going from hotel to hotel, but I can literally get up and going in the morning in about 20 minutes (yes that includes a shower, shave and brushing teeth) and I can very easily live out of a suitcase so it doesn't bother me.

This suites hotel has HUGE rooms complete with microwave, mini fridge and a very nice separate room which you can watch TV, lay out on the couch or have a snack. Good for both business and families traveling to the area.

Unique Quality: Happy hour from 6 to 8 each evening including free beer and wine and cold snacks. Other snacks are available for purchase. A nice complimentary breakfast in the morning with your normal cold entrees along with made to order eggs and several types of coffees, teas and juices.

Workout facilities and indoor pool complete the picture.

Directions: Just south of Interstate I 94

More about Brookfield Suites Hotel And Convention Center

say no to brookfield suites

by TripAdvisor Member clakeBigBend_Wi

Comments: Re: Brookfield Suites , Brookfield Wis. ( This is no reflection on hotels .com, Just want you to know what happened at this hotel)
My daughter made reservation for Sat night Sept. 27. 1 suite and 2 rooms. They also promised a shuttle to pick them up from the wedding at 11:30 to midnight.
My Son went to get a room at approximately 7 pm. He was told they only had 1 rm and the suite; the attendant put the blame on them. Also said there was no shuttle service. Finally said he would call the Best Western after much discussion. So my son went to best western, they said Brookfield suites never called but they had a room for him. They also shuttled him to the wedding.
My son and daughter had to pay $50.00 for a cab.
The people were so inconsiderate I would never go or recommend this hotel to anyone. Very poor customer service.

Loved Brookfield Suites!!!

by TripAdvisor Member jessie2578

My husband styed here for work and I came up for the weekend to visit him and to do some shopping. There are a lot of nice stores and malls in the area.

I have never encountered such a friendly staff anywhere!!! My husband was busy working and everywhere in the hotel I went I was was greeted with a friendly "Hello" or "How are you today". The Restaurant Servers, Bartenders, Front Desk Staff and Housekeeping were all very nice. They truly made my stay enjoyable!

They have a great Breakfast every morning that is included as well as the reception in the evening with free drinks. I can honestly say, It is nicer than an Embassy Suites.

Next time my husband is in town for work, he will be back - and so will I!

Thanks for taking great care of us!

Nice Rooms, Friendly Staff...Overall GREAT Experience

by TripAdvisor Member CMKelly

The Brookfield Suites Hotel & Convention Center was the venue of choice for a recent work event. The accessibility, ambience, and awesome staff were amongst the endless list of positive things both myself and my colleagues have to say about this facility. Their convention services team was the most professional and accomodating group of people we've dealt with in many, many years. Kudos to Brookfield Suites!!

Held My Funds for 3 Weeks!!!

by TripAdvisor Member 2BeWise

Our family had a family reunion that was held at the Brookfield Suites during the 3rd week of July 2008. I used my check card to secure the event but was reassured by management that once other means were paid after our function was over, the monies from my account would be credited back. Let me tell you all that it took 3 weeks for them to credit back my account!!! The sad thing about the entire situation is that the Brookfield Suites Hotel and Convention Center not only held my money for 3 weeks they also cashed the payment that was presented to them on the afternoon of July 20, 2008. So instead of receiving $3,000+ dollars they had over $6,000!!!

They took the money out of my account on the 21st of July and the payment from our family was cashed on the 22nd! There is no way that I should have received my money back in the middle of August! Even my banking institution was surprised that a hotel of its size had not return the funds sooner.

I called and even emailed (cc'd the vice president) to find out what the status of my account that was to be credited was, and the "catering manager" stated she would need to talk to the front desk manager (?!?) to find out the status and would get back with me. Well, I NEVER received a call back from anyone from the hotel and I honestly believe that the only reason I received my money back within 3 weeks, is because my banking institution called and I spoke to one of the hotel staff in regards to the hold up. It disgusts me to think it could have been much longer.

Fortunately, I am glad I had additional funds to use to pay my day-to-day obligations, but they really could have put me in a situation that could have created overdrafts on my accounts. I am thankful that was not the case. Again, the hotel staff did not have the courtesy to contact me as they promised, and it seemed to me they did not care when I received my funds since I never received a call back from anyone.

BOTTOM LINE: I would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone!!! ...especially those groups desiring to have a function (reunions, weddings...) there. Be careful you may have to wait a LONG....... TIME to get your money and go thru unnecessary hassles. I did not appreciate the lack of professionalism that many, not all, of the staff exhibited. I am going to continue to tell everyone I know about what happened, as well as the viewing audience so you will not have to go through this ordeal.

Special Note:
I have been to many upscale hotels that handled themselves professionally, Brookfield Suites Hotel and Convention Center did embody the ambience desired but not the professionalism needed during our families' stay there.

Ringing in the New Year

by TripAdvisor Member FreqTravelgrl

I live in the Milwaukee area, but every year for New Years my husband and I like to stay at a nice hotel and treat ourself to a night of relaxing away from our home. Typically, we stay at a hotel closer to downtown Milwaukee to hit the bar scene since most hotels do not host their own New Years celebrations. However, my husband had heard about the Brookfield Suites New Years event on the radio and suggested that we try it out this year. We decided to try it out eventhough I was afraid that it would be a little cheesy! Boy was I wrong! My husband and I had a blast-and are planning on returning next year if the hotel is going to put on another event. When we arrived at the hotel the lines were long to check in, but the bellman was situated outside the front entrance directing people and the front desk was very organized and well staffed and it moved very quickly. From the time we checked in to our departure the next day (we were granted a late check out) we felt like the staff really cared about their clients. You do not see this kind of hospitality anymore! My husband and I wish we had know about the Brookfield Suites Hotel sooner as we are always looking to have mini- getaways. I would recommend this hotel to anyone-whether they are looking for business hotel, a mini-vacation, or a home away from home. Great hotel, great staff, great ammenities!!!

Poor customer relation skills

by TripAdvisor Member royalpriesthood

The Brookfield Suites Hotel & Convention Center was chosen as the venue to host our family reunion because of its ambience, accessibility, and the initial presentation from the hotel staff in 2007. The Harvey Family was very disappointed and embarrassed by the treatment innocent attendees received by the hotel staff on Friday evening, July 18, 2008. Our family gathering was interrupted for no valid reason by the hotel staff. The Brookfield police were called for a complaint of 'disorderly conduct'. The police found no disorderly conduct and 'no' citation was written.
The hotel staff used poor guest relations and customer relation skills when dealing with a situation in which they felt the family was too loud. They demanded that the family relocate to another location at 10:02pm, when our contract clearly stated that we could be in that area until 11:59pm. Before the family could discuss and decide to relocate, the hotel management had called the police, ten to twelve police arrived on the scene, stating they had been called for a disorderly conduct complaint, which was untrue.
There was no drinking of alcohol, no fighting, no cursing, no brawling, no inappropriate behavior, and no disorderly conduct, that caused Kimberly, manager on duty, to call the police. Our family gathering was ruined, interrupted, and many questioned by police officers for no valild reason, except that the hotel staff did not know how to handle a guest relations/customer relations issue with tact, respect, and consideration of their guests.
I would not recommend this hotel for a large, lively, jovial, and entertaining gathering.

Didn't love it

by TripAdvisor Member nosilla

A few things about the Brookfield Suites. The staff is very pleasant. Everyone I encountered was so nice & accomodating. I had issues with my first room & wqas promptly given a new room. They do have free cocktails every night, but I can only drink 2 before I'm out. I was able to drink 3 and have no problem at all. So my guess it they are VERY watered down. The room was large, but kind of grungy. The bathroom had lovely bath & body works products which is always appreciated. The tub need to be replaced asap. The walls were moldy & the spout was ready to fall off. The pool area was kind of grungy also. It has a sign that nobody under 18 is allowed in the whirlpool, but good luck getting that enforced. There were kids in the hottub the entire time I was there. The computers for guests to use in the lobby were a nice touch, but there was children on them the entire time. Perhaps this should be 18 and older also. My guess is this was one time an embassy suites. The set up is like an embassy suites, with all room facing the atruim. This was a problem, since the sound echos badly. The music they pipe in was so loud I could hear it with the door closed & the fan on. The staff was quick to turn it down after I called them. At 4:15am the staff sets up for breakfast. They were terribly loud & woke me up with all the slamming if glasses. There was a large line for the breakfast-with only one person cooking it! Things for breakfast were not planned well. It took me 20 minutes to get breakfast for 4 people. I do not think I would stay here again. It had the motor lodge feel with the Suite prices.

read the fine print

by TripAdvisor Member qcliffy

Stayed here for 3 nights. Site advertises free airport shuttle. What they don't tell you is that the free shuttle may take up to 2 hours to pick you up and may return you to the airport 4 hours before your flight leaves. $40 for cab one way. Rip off. Staff nice and food good. Romms kept at 75 degrees and thermostat not connected. I put it down to 60 and the temp stayed right at 75. Between my hot flashes and a terrible day flying because of weather delays, I had a hard time sleeping. I asked the management to refund me the cab fare but they said no dice. Said I had to make an "appointment" and the web site just said free shuttle not when you'd be picked up. They had someone call in sick and the shuttle guy was behind the desk.

Nice Place to Stay

by TripAdvisor Member Mentat30

Was Traveling for work, stayed here for the week, overall was very nice. I liked the made to order breakfast , and the fact that I did not have to run some where to get breakfast. I would stay here again.

Comments