AmericInn Green Bay E Bellevue

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Green Bay East
AmericInn.com Booking.com Expedia.com

• apuleuis's Profile Photo

Waterslides and Whirlpools

We stayed here for our anniversary in the whirlpool suite. The room was very comfortable and the whirlpool was very nice. Breakfast the next morning was decent. However, we were on the first floor and the walls seemed very thin. We could hear normal conversation in the next room, we could hear people walking above us and doors opening and closing (and no one was being especially loud). We could also hear the bass from the wedding venue across the street.

Unique Quality: We didn't use the pool, but seemed really nice. Kids are allowed till 10, adults till midnight! I was very impressed with the whirlpool also.

More about Green Bay

alaskan king salmon in a mushroom geleealaskan king salmon in a mushroom gelee

Try not to get attacked by a goose!Try not to get attacked by a goose!

Packers warming upPackers warming up

Newport State ParkNewport State Park

Travel Tips for Green Bay

Green Bay Packers

by pumpkin915

There is no place like Lambeau Field! Home of the beloved Green Bay Packers= winners of Super Bowl 1, 2, and 31. The Packers have a long tradition of winning and have won several championships even before the Super Bowl was created. Packer fans are loads of fun and love their team with a passion that is second to none. Unfortunately finding a ticket to a home game will be quite difficult since they have been sold out since the 60's. In December and January the field is often referred to as "The Frozen Tundra" because it is freezing and would be better to watch the game on the tv anyway. Go Bret Favre!

Best Local Burger

by rstary about Kroll's

This place doesn't look like much from the outside but it is an institution in Green Bay. Don't eat here if you have a cholesterol problem. They have wonderful burgers, soups, fried everything and shakes. You have to have one of their burgers. The butter just drips off of them!

Welcome to the land of beer, cheese and football

by apuleuis

Well, I used to live here. I did from 2000 to 2008, I moved here to go to college. Its a nice place. Fairly small so I have always felt very comfortable, but big enough that there is diversity and some things to do. I do get a bit sick of green and gold everything, but such is life. I have a few pictures up, I just took them to finish up a roll. My favorite pictures were before my digital camera, so I will get them up as soon as I scan them in. I finally did it after 6 years of living here, I went to a Packer game, I have a travelogue for that.

"My favorite places to go. . ."

On a summer weekend: wildlife sanctuary, Baird's creek to play disc golf, farmers market, garage sales.

On a winter weekend: wildlife sanctuary, Festival of Lights at the botanical garden (wow, do I really do so little in winter?)

On a weekday: The Attic for coffee, used books and conversation with poets, philosophers and artists. Walk along the riverfront.

On a weekday night: The Bar sportsbar

On a weekend night: Anywhere on Washington street, Blackstone Inn restaurant 24hours (love their BLT's)

Shopping: Gnome Games (well, if I'm buying games), Fox River mall in Appleton (hey, it's better)

On a date: Pasquale's restaurant, Cafe Expresso, evening walk along the riverfront.

Packer Game

by apuleuis

Lambeau Field is surrounded by residential housing. So during games, people sell yard space to park and tailgate. Many advertise tailgating and bathrooms. The red signs are one of many signs advertising parking.

People get to the game hours before. They all get out their grills and cook some bratwurst. There were some pretty fancy setups there.

A statue of the man the stadium was name after. He was the founder or first coach or something. As much as I hear his name in Green Bay, I'm not actually sure what he did.

This is one of the many entrances. All of course sponsored by one company or another.

This is my boyfriend and me at the game. I can't admit to him how much fun I had or he'll make me go again :)

Here comes the team!!

Here's the team warming up before the game

The Packers did win this game. It was the pre-season game against Atlanta. As of my writing this, the only game they have won. Which leads me to the logical conclusion that I am good luck. :)

Comments