2222 Riverside Drive, Green Bay, Wisconsin, 54301, United States

Ellison BayEllison Bay

Travel Tips for Green Bay

Packers Football

by bliu

Going to a Green Bay Packers home game is the thrill of a lifetime, with 70,000 loyal fans screaming their lungs out. Get your tickets through a package deal at a Travel Agency or plan on standing in the parking lot hoping for a deal. There are NO tickets available for sell to the general public - the Packers are owned by the citizens of Green Bay, and all season tickets are owned by private families.
We were lucky - and were one of four families in Brown County who won (the right to purchase) four tickets to one regular season game the first year we moved to Green Bay. Bring your cheesehead, but don't worry about the beer - there are more bars per capita in Green Bay than any other city in the nation.

Hottest New Restaurant

by rstary about Chefusion

The chef of this restaurant used to be a chef at one of the local country clubs. He then spent a few years near LA as a personal chef to a corporate exec. He is challenging the local high end restaurants with some very eclectic fare. While I have only thus far had the cheese platter and wine, my friend Les dined on the Lobster pot pie which is supposed to be the specialty. He came away from the experience with a glowing recommendation for this fine dish.

WHERE'S MY CHEESE HAT

by moiraistyx

"ARE YOU A PACKER BACKER"

Alright, I lived in Wisconsin for 9 years, I never went to a Packer's game nor did I ever want to. I personally never liked them and I never cared for the cheese hat. My ex-husband however loves the Packer's and used to kick me out of the living room when they would play. Mostly cause I always rooted for the other team. By the way, I am a Pittsburgh fan. For those of you who love the team, visit the stadium and the Packer hall of fame, but I personally could never be bothered.

"THE NEW ZOO"

I wrote about the zoo in my tips page, but I wanted to put more pics up for people to see.

Go Pack Go!

by where2next

I was one my way to Minnesota and nearing Chicago when I thought...hm...Green Bay is only a few hours north and there's a play-off game tomorrow againt Seattle. So off I went. I arrived and parked a couple blocks from the stadium - right near some beer tents. There are a couple of these near the stadium. Next to this one where a couple of sports bar. Getting a ticket was not so hard as I would have thought. I paid face and maybe could have paid less. I think because Green Bay is in a remote place that this helped.

"Pre-Game Tail Gating"

It's one thing to tailgate with the usually beer, bratwurst, et al. It's another thing to do it in FREEZING weather. Hats off to these fans.

"Lambeau Field"

My first impression was 'this doesn't look like what I thought Lambeua would look like". I remember hearing the stadium had been renovated, and I think what they did was basically add-on this HUGE building adjacent to the stadium.

Here is a close up of the atrium. Check out the line of folks. It's a few minutes until game time and they're all in a will-call line.

The atrium was the place to be at half-time. It's like the whole stadium moved inside. The area has all sorts of restaurants and food places, a NFL experience setup for the kids, team store, and a TV in every area. The though main thing was that it was warm!

Here is the view I had. I was lucky since I bought the ticket without knowing the stadium layout. It was cold, though not bitter cold. I was disappointed it didn't snow as there actually had been a storm to the south. The game itself was 'nip and tuck', and really was a good game to watch.

The game went to OT...Seattle had the ball and was nearing midfield...when all of a sudden Matt Hasselback, their QB, threw an 'out pattern' pass that was intercepted and...'he could go, he might go, he could go all the way for a TD...and the story book season continued (though would end next week in Philadelphia).

After the touchdown fans went crazy for a bit, though not as long or as wild as I would have thought. I had been at Fenway Park when the Red Sox clinched a wild-card spot and the fans went crazy for 20-30 minutes. After the game I headed over to the beer tents and sports bar, and then after touring around Green Bay for little, hit the road towards Milwaukee.

Comments