Residence Inn Green Bay

335 W Saint Joseph Street, Green Bay, Wisconsin, 54301, United States
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Green Bay
Orbitz.com Hawthorn.com Booking.com

More about Green Bay

We are @ "Los Banditos" restaurant, Green Bay, WIWe are @ "Los Banditos" restaurant, Green Bay, WI

East RiverEast River

Hinterland BreweryHinterland Brewery

Us at Lambeau - Not game day!Us at Lambeau - Not game day!

Help plan my one day in Green Bay

by BixB

I will have one complete day, Friday, August 12, in Green Bay. I am bringing my 13 year-old son with me. I lived in Green Bay as a boy from 1966-1971 and have not been back since. I intend to drive by Tank and McArthur Elementary Schools where I went to school and also to see if our old house on South Point Road near Lombardi Middle School is still there, but otherwise I need suggestions on what we should do and where we should eat. Packers? Parks? Door County? Fish Boil? What will maximize our "Green Bay Experience"? Also, what's the best bet for an inexpensive, clean place to stay? I'm looking forward to getting your input. Thanks.

RE: Help plan my one day in Green Bay

by yooperprof

You might want to check out the Heritage Hill historic museum and park on the Fox River - they have some interesting historic displays of the frontier era in Wisconsin history. There's also a Packer Hall of Fame at the football stadium, if you're interested in that kind of thing!

RE: RE: Help plan my one day in Green Bay

by AndieS

Hello-
I would suggest checking out the website http://www.packers.com which has details about what Green Bay Packers are up to while you are there, info about Lambeau Field and Stadium activities and also links to events that are going on in the city at that time.

Have a great trip!
Andie

RE: Help plan my one day in Green Bay

by twohourlunch

If your son is a football fan, I would take a tour of Lambeau Field. We really enjoyed it when we were there last year.

For food, I would head to two GB institutions that were likely there when you lived in GB: Kroll's [across from Lambeau Field] or Chili John's Chili [known for the food...not the atmosphere!].

RE: RE: Help plan my one day in Green Bay

by BixB

Thanks for the tips. We took the trip last August and totally enjoyed it. We took the tour of Lambeau Field and the Packers Hall of Fame, which was great. Highly recommended for any football lover, even Bears fans! We also made a quick tip to the Neville/Brown County Museum. We didn't eat any place special, but the mention of Chili John's Chili reminded me that it was one of my Dad's favorite places when I was a kid!

Travel Tips for Green Bay

Well, Of course first we'd...

by Sgmurray

Well, Of course first we'd have to take you to lambeau field to see the green bay Packer Hall of fame. The best football team in the NFL. Then we'd take you to the backgammon pub and grill (2920 Rammada Way) , where it has some of the best food at a great price. Then we'd go downtown to Washington Ave and go dancing on the strip of dance clubs and bars. Of coruse the nest morning we would goto the neville Museum and check out the ever changing displays. I miss the poeple the most when I am away from Green Bay, for a larger sized town in Wisconsin the people are pretty close knitted. My best memory of Green Bay has to be the Football games I goto.

Botanical Garden

by apuleuis

I especially like the gardens in winter when the Festival of Lights is going on. It might be one of the prettiest sights ever. Of course there are flowers in spring, summer and fall in their 47 acres. And at $5 ($2 for children) its a nice day out. It is located near North West Technical College.

Lambeau Field

by trvlrtom

Without a doubt Lambeau Field is one of the USA's premier sports venues. Going to a game here is an experience unlike any other. Tradition is set in every brick. The stadium dates to 1957, but was greatly expanded and remodeled just a few years ago. Despite the icy winter weather, the stadium does not have a dome, and the famed frozen tundra remains the playing surface.
Even if you don't visit to see a game, the Packer Hall of Fame is worth stopping in to see. Also, the statue of Vince Lombardi, the greatest pro football coach ever, is right in front.

The Frozen Tundra of Lambeau Field

by where2next

Note - this intro was an attempt an NFL Film-like intro...if you know a speech writer please let me know.

"It was a balmy day at Lambeau Field...the cold January air from the artic north had both players and fans chilled with play-off excitement...the Seattle Seahawks knowing they had to score or face humiliiation took the ensuing and marched 80 yards down the field overcoming adversity at every turn... and on a 1-yard plunge they tied the game to send it to sudden death overtime...in the stands Cheesheads now wondered as to the fate of their "team of destiny"...would their storybook season have another chapter?

Okay, that's the (fortunate) end of the intro see travelogue for more details and the outcome.

Comments