200 Pearl Street, La Crosse, Wisconsin, 54601, United States

Expedia.com IHG Booking.com

Satisfaction Poor

• GRRRRR8 place to stay!!!!

From the minute I walked into the door I was greeted by a front desk guy named Tim, I was treated like a KING!!!! I spoke with him on the phone, I did not have a reservation, he walked me in and gave me an upgrade to a whirlpool suite from just a regular King suite for the same price. He had me in my rm within 5 minutes of walking through the front door!!! Unbelievable guest services!!!! I asked him about places to go for dinner and he sent me over to a place called Buzzard Billy's which was like literally 20 steps from the front door of the hotel. He told me that between 4pm and 7pm Tues, Wed, and Thurs they had appetizers and martinis 1/2 off so I couldn't go wrong, he was right.... I had the alligator fingers and about 5 martinis and let me tell you I was feeling grrrrr8 ;) I would reccomend staying here to anyone I know. I'm not for sure about the rest of the staff but Tim was awesome. He was able to answer many of my other questions about the area and had phone numbers off the top of his head. I will be staying here in the future as for I have already made reservations.... Thanks again Tim for all your help and I hope all works out for you after you graduate college.

Unique Quality: Everything looked good to me. Some renovations needed but that's up to the company to fix.

• I Felt Like I Was Home!!

After driving for 3 hours in a Blizzard last night, I was tired and needed to rest. I picked the Holiday Inn in La Crosse because of a friend's recommendation. When I walked in I was greeted by Rochelle with a big smile. It was exactly what I needed after the last few hours. I was offered a very decent rate, and she gave me an upgrade for signing up for their brand's frequent stay program. My room was very spacious with a living room and a back bedroom area.

When I got up in the morning I ordered room service. It didn't take very long and the woman who brought it up was very friendly as well.

I called the front desk to ask for a late check out because I did not want to drive yet. They had no problem letting me stay a couple more hours. When I finally did check out I was thankful for the covered parking garage because it had snowed 15 inches over night!!

All in all I really felt like I was treated as family instead of the generic Hotel Guest.

Directions: Downtown

• Melly_1's Profile Photo

Horrible experience!!!!!!!

DO NOT GO HERE! They tow your vehicle and do not consider guests of their restaurant guests of their hotel. We went to eat at the restaurant located inside their hotel. We parked in a Holiday Inn designated spot in their privately owned parking garage next door to their hotel. The sign on the designated spots says "Holiday Inn guests only". We felt we were guests since we were guests of their hotel restaurant. They had their security guard call the La Crosse police dept and ticket/tow our vehicle!!! Then the hotel manager, Tim Rortvedt, emphatically denied that they had anything to do with the towing and only AFTER I presented facts from the La Crosse PD did he finally confess they had called to have vehicles towed. Tim Rortvedt and Holiday Inn guest relations refused to reimburse us for the $107 tow bill and the $23 parking ticket. A taxi wasn't available in time to make it before the towing company closed therefore, since we were visiting from out of town, my husband and I had to walk two miles in the cold rain to get our vehicle! This Holiday Inn has a sign posted on their side entrance that states “guests of the restaurant must get a temporary parking pass” but they do not have any signs posted outside their main front door entrance which is where most of the restaurant guests enter through. The hotel manager, Tim Rortvedt, and his assistant manager are both rude and could care less about their hotel or restaurant guests and as it turns out, Holiday Inn guest relations could care less as well!

Unique Quality: Terrible hotel manager - Tim Rortvedt and horrible assitant manager as well.

Directions: Downtown La Crosse.

More about Holiday Inn La Crosse

Visit Wisconsin Dells. There...

by Anne02

Visit Wisconsin Dells. There are several amusement parks and fancy, fun hotels. West of Wisconsin Dells the is a place called the House on the Rock, which is a fancy house with a LOT of rooms and stuff. But beware, tall people may have some discomfort because the ceilings are way shorter than regular home because the rich guy that had the house built was short. Spending time with my cousin at a ski resort in Wisconsin. Spending time with a friend and her family at her family's cabin.

Wisconsin Dells/Baraboo You won't be Bored Here!

by AVG2319

This is a very touristy area, but really loads of fun. There is fun for the whole family here. Aprox. an hour NW of Madison. Generally a pretty quiet area most of the year, but bustling during the summer months. Wisconsin Dells have the most coolest waterparks-no joke in the middle of WI you say? Yes-Phoenix "valley of the sun" waterparks don't even compare to the ones found in the Dells. Noah's Ark (in my opinion) being the best of the Waterparks (not the only one though). this area has over 100 attractions waterparks,mini golf,amusement parks,scenic boat tours, Circus World,Shows on the Water, Scenic Boat and Duck Tours, Haunted Houses, Museums, a quaint downtown with tons of shops. Buy fudge there, get old fashion pictures taken.
Take the Boat tours through the Wisconsin River and the stunning bluffs. Of course there is plenty to do in this area during the other three seasons-horseback riding, great fall foliage, hiking at Devil's Lake,tons of camping sites,cabins,hotels. Something for everyone. While you're there check out Devil's Lake. This is a great trip all in itself. Boy I think i might have to make a WI dells page-we've been there 15+ times!

Like to party...? visit the city of festivals...!

by Joyce_J.

Milwaukee is known as the city of festivals. Starting in the spring when the weather begins to warm us, a series of events keep the city hopping. Summerfest is the biggest...and noisiest. It rocks the lakefront. Through the rest of the summer, there is Festa Italiana, German Fest, Irish Fest, Mexican Fiesta, African World Festival, Indian Summer, Asian Moon, Polish Fest and Arabian Fest. Milwaukee is proud of it's ethnic heritage. The 11 days of Summerfest always begin on the last Thursday in June and end on the Sunday after the Fourth of July.

Maier Festival Park is close to downtown attractions, including the Wisconsin Lake Schooner Education Association, the Betty Brinn Children's Museum, the Milwaukee Art Museum and the Milwaukee County War Memorial Center. Major hotels in the area offer special Summerfest packages, with shuttle buses taking guests directly to the grounds.

Summerfest is considered one of the best music festivals in the country. It is held every year at the 90-acre Henry W. Maier Festival Park. It features more than 11 permanent stages and a continual lineup of jazz, rock, zydeco, blues, big band and "golden oldies" music. The 24,000-seat Marcus Amphitheater draws big-name talent. Children are also welcome at Summerfest. There is a playground, and several children's stages feature magic shows and other entertainment intended specifically for young people.

Festivals, however, aren't confined to the lakefront. In July, Milwaukeeans celebrate the beginning of the French revolution at Bastille Days, a downtown block party that is considered the largest celebration of its kind in the country.

Every year, more than 90,000 people attend the Greek Festival held at the Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church in Wauwatosa. Catholic parishes hold weekend galas throughout the city, while RiverSplash draws hundreds of people to the Milwaukee River in early June.

lost in wisconsin

by patnalan

i have aquaintance in fish creek.where is it? what is it like? is it worth a visit? are there any hotels?

RE: lost in wisconsin

by meck38

Fish Creek is in Door County. The most beautiful part of the State of Wisconsin IMHO. Certainly worth a visit and there should be plenty of hotels there. The nearest major city is Green Bay about 2 hours drive south west of Fish Creek.

RE: RE: lost in wisconsin

by nyl

I have been going to Door County for the past 10 years or so and it is definitely one of my favorite places ever. It is beautiful and the people are great. Summer is a great time to go, with water sports and so many other things to do! Fall is also a good time as there are less tourists but still lots to do. The changing of the leaves is amazing and there are many apple festivals and such that can be fun. Fish Creek has some great restaurants and there are many things to do in and around it. I would only recommend going in the winter if you REALLY want to get away from it all. It's still beautiful and relaxing but many places are closed or have shorter hours. You should still be able to find a hotel and things to do (like snowshoeing if it has snowed). Let me know if you have any other questions.

Comments