682 Wells Street, Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, 53147, United States
Expedia.com Hotels.com Tingo.com

More about SevenOaks

The Perfect Honeymoon!

by TripAdvisor Member nutterson

My husband and I just returned from a three-night honeymoon at Sevenoaks in Lake Geneva. The Inn was quiet, romantic, and high-end. We appreciated many of the details, especially the heated bathroom floors and soft linens.

We stayed in the Windsor room, I believe an upgrade from our original reservation. We loved the clutter-free feeling of the suite. Because everything was so fresh and clean, we immediately relaxed when we arrived. I am extremely particular about the cleanliness of hotel rooms, and there is nothing I would have changed about the appearance of our suite.

Breakfast consisted of fresh fruit, yogurt, skim milk, cereal, and a warm crescent. It was a great way to start each day!

We would recommend the Sevenoaks to any couple looking for a tranquil weekend, away from reality.

The perfect weekend!

by TripAdvisor Member stebbie333

My husband and I just returned from a wonderful weekend at Seven Oaks in Lake Geneva. So wonderful we felt we had to write a review to pass on this terrific getaway find to others.

We live just outside of Chicago and were given a two-day stay at Seven Oaks as a gift . We knew nothing about it before we headed up there, and had never been to Lake Geneva.

We arrived on a VERY snowy Friday afternoon to the most picturesque and cozy place we'd ever visited. A very warm welcome and we were shown to our cottage. We couldn't have asked for anything more - the fireplace, the flat-screen TV, the king size bed with AMAZING duvets & pillows, the heated floor and towel rack in the bathroom, fluffy bathrobes and the whirlpool tub.

We kept thinking we should go out and explore downtown Lake Geneva (turns out it's only a very short walk to town), but found we just didn't want to leave the cottage. We settled in front of the fire with the wonderful bottle of wine and cheese that were left for us. Didn't move much all weekend.

A fresh and healthy breakfast delivered to the door in the morning was a real treat too. I want to live at Seven Oaks. It's heaven.

Highly recommend this as a wonderful, truly relaxiing getaway.

What a wonderful way to spend New Year's Eve!

by TripAdvisor Member a2lette

After a hectic year, we wanted a quiet and romantic NYE. Living in Chicago, several people suggested Lake Geneva as a nice place to get away. I found Sevenoaks online and was impressed by the reviews here at trip advisor-- and turns out they were all accurate!

We arrived to a warm welcome on a cold day. We were assigned to the "Cambridge" suite, and as soon as we opened the door, we were thrilled with our choice. The fireplace was roaring, the Christmas tree was twinkling, there was a bottle of wine and a plate of cheese waiting for us. We stayed in with several bottles of Champagne that evening, and the great thing about the private cabins is that we didn't worry about having our music up loud!

The best part of the suite is the bathroom-- huge whirlpool bath, big enough for two tall people. Great shower with three jets, bath salts, conditioner and locally-made lotion were provided as well.

The bed was big and comfortable, with a great down duvet.

We loved this place so much that we decided to stay an extra night! The second night we ordered pizza in and watched some DVDs from their library.

It was a totally relaxing break, and we can't wait to go again.

exceeded expectations

by TripAdvisor Member MnM-Chicago

My wife & I couldn't have been more pleased. Where to start?

Our PRIVATE 2-room cottage came complete with gas fireplace, kitchenette, whirlpool, European luxury shower, heated floors & towel racks in the bathroom. Maybe it was the bottle of wine & cheese plate awaiting us as we arrived in our cozy 'lil room? Or perhaps it was the charming family-owned hospitality & the breakfast we received at our door? Regardless, the folks at this B&B went above & beyond our expectations.

Location, location, location is the other thing to consider. Just 4-5 blocks from the lake & from the historical downtown; it’s a simple short scenic walk literally minutes away from all the action. But don't just take our word for it ... take a look at the other reviews.

We stayed for New Years Eve & now are making plans to return in the early spring. We plan to stay longer our next trip!

M&M from Chicago, IL

Cant wait to go back

by TripAdvisor Member cantwaitgrayslake

My husband and I just got back from a quick weekend trip to Lake Geneva and stayed at the Sevenoaks. We cant say a bad word about our stay. The suite was impecably clean and exactly as described. Upon our arrival we were greeted very warmly. The wine and cheese in the room was a very nice touch. The bed was comfortable and bathroom was amazing. We loved the 2 person whirlpool tub and heated floors and towel rack. There were great bath salts, soaps and lotions that I would have loved to take all home with me. We cant wait to make a trip back in the summer and would suggest anyone to stay there.

Wonderfully relaxing getaway

by TripAdvisor Member elgin_ILWesley

This was our third visit and we left trying to figure out when we could return next. We are always made to feel like treasured guests and there is always some special treat or surprise waiting for us. Our hosts, Amanda and Leon, are wonderfully warm and friendly. We love the large bathrooms with heated floors, luxurious shower (w/ 3 shower heads) and a dreamy two person spa tub. The bed and the bedding could not be more comfortable. We both felt so rested after just two nights. We had trouble selecting from the huge selection of DVDs that Amanda and Leon provide. The living room with the cushy leather couch with the chaise on one end is the perfect place to cozy up next to the fireplace to watch movies and enjoy the complimentary wine, coffee, tea, and hot cocoa. I would never select another destination in Lake Geneva because we have found the perfect one in SevenOaks.

Perfect getaway destination

by TripAdvisor Member ILtoUK

My husband and I stayed at Seven Oaks last fall to celebrate my husband's birthday, our wedding anniversary, and the recent birth of our first child. Having been to Lake Geneva before, we knew we would enjoy our weekend away. Fortunately for us, all the hotels were booked that weekend, which is how we stumbled upon this little gem.

Seven Oaks is close enough to walk to the Lake and enjoy its activities, but far enough away to be secluded and romantic. The property itself is gorgeous and the accomodations are excellent! The individual bungalows are decorated superbly and are super clean, which is something I am always looking at. You have everything you want right there in your own little cottage and don't even have to leave the entire weekend if you didn't want to.

Amanda and Leon are gracious hosts and made sure we had everything we needed, from movies, to wine and other little extras that you wouldn't find with standard hotel service. On a side note, we found out that Amanda and Leon are from the same area my husband is from in the UK, which topped off our trip and made us feel right at home.

As someone who has never stayed in a B&B before, I was a skeptic, but after our stay at Seven Oaks, I would recommend it to everyone!

Luxury

by TripAdvisor Member LLL3208

Ireland, London, and Italy have nothing on this luxurious B&B. I almost don’t want to share the secret so I have a better chance at availability. Leon met us upon our arrival and his kindness and hospitality was just a glimpse at what was to come. The cottage was beautiful, something out of Pottery Barn. The Kohler bathtub was scandalous, with heated towels and floor, scented bath salts, candle and bubble bath (we didn’t need the movie selection from Leon). The fruit, cheese and wine were delicious and so was breakfast with warm pastries, fresh fruit, juice, yogurt and cereal. We had access to unlimited coffee and tea in our room. The extras: hair dryer, I-pod radio, shampoo and conditioner, soap, European showerhead, fireplace, mood lighting and COMFY large bed.

Perfection

by TripAdvisor Member PurdueLove

Sevenoaks was the perfect place for our honeymoon. We had the most wonderful time there. The cottage was cozy, clean, inviting, and so relaxing. We were impressed from the moment we walked in. We loved all the little extras that you normally do not find when staying at a hotel. The wine and cheese waiting for us kicked off the relaxing stay.

I do not know what it is about this place, but it just relaxes you from the moment you get there. Sometimes I have a hard time sleeping in hotels or away from home, but not here! We both slept like babies, the bed is so comfortable and we made good use of the sound machine and listened to the ocean every night. We are already planning on our next stay at Sevenoaks in a couple months.

5 Star Experience

by TripAdvisor Member Franchise34

My wife and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary here and it was definitely one to remember. Only an hour drive from the Western Suburbs of Chicago.

The rooms were very spacious and clean. We especially enjoyed the master bathroom with all the amenities and ambiance: Heated towel rack, heated floors, huge walk in shower with 1 over head and 2 body jets, whirlpool tub complete with electric candle and aromatic Oak Sea Salts.

After walking several miles of the lake we retreated back to our private suite to relax and take an afternoon nap on the couch. It also rained one night, but that didn’t stop us from enjoying the evening. SevenOaks had a wide selection of movies from love classics to the latest action thrillers. We had a movie night complete with wine and cheese…all provided free of charge.

I loved Leon and Amanda's English accents as well. The whole experience felt like we were in a different country. I’m missing about 20 other things that were great as well. It really was a 5 star experience and I do plan on staying here again!

Comments