The Cove Of Lake Geneva

Tags

Road Trip Singles Family Travel
See Amenities

Rugrat Paradise, Beer Schluggers, Filthy Swim Pool

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 10, 2012

We thought this would be a great escape from the heat of 100 degrees in Chicago. But as soon as we saw the pool loaded with kids, like flies on sugar, we knew it would not be for us. Also, there was scum and sweat constantly floating around and who knows what else--maintenance could not get rid of it. The pool water was murky and to add to all the rugrats, there were 2 groups of beer schluggers getting drunk alongside the pool edges. The manager had to come and intervene 3 times--they would not keep the beer bottles out of the pool. My oh my---what a disappointment. I guess when you pay prices that the majority of travelers can afford--you get what you pay for. NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let this be a warning to all the people who truly want a clean, relaxing escape and not the infringement of disrespectful, obnoxious and in-your-face rude hotel guests. Go to the Grand Geneva, Abbey or Fontana Lake---much classier!

Unique Quality: The only thing good was the location.

Directions: Near the Lake Geneva lake itself.

deecat's Profile Photo

"Close to Everything...Far From Ordinary!"

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 6, 2009

Be sure to see all five photographs to gain the "flavor" of this super resort.

As we drove into Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, at the end of July, 2009, both my friend Mickey and I were impressed with the changes since three years ago. What really impressed us was the luxury all-suite resort overlooking Lake Geneva and called The Cove of Lake Geneva. It offers a full resort experience with its indoor and outdoor pools, hot tubs, sauna, fitness room, and beautiful public spaces.

It's important to note that these are "all-suite luxury condominiums" which you are able to rent. In Holidays and peak season, a 2-night minimum stay is required.

CHECK IN TIME: 3:00 PM
CHECK OUT TIME: 11:00 AM

They also provide cabana rentals, poolside massages, nightly "dive-in movies", daily children's activities, and the luxury of the best location in Lake Geneva. They also have an arcade, an on-site restaurant, lighted tennis court, basketball court, and complimentary high speed wireless internet. The resort is walking distance to the beach, the downtown with its numerous restaurants and lovely shops.

Unique Quality: The suites have a fireplace, whirlpool tub, fully-equipped kitchen, and a patio or balcony. Thank good, there are non-smoking suites available for people such as Mickey and myself. The suites vary in layout and size. The smallest is called The Anchor Suite and is a one bedroom suite with 640 square feet of space.

The largest is the Flagship suite, which is a two bedroom suite with a loft and is 1,290 square feet in size

There are four other styles between the smallest and largest.

The suites also include DVD/VCR, flat screen television, pillowtop matresses, pull-out Sofa, and a telephone.

No wonder, all the literature we have for The Cove of Lake Geneva use the phrase that I named in my title: "Close to Everything...Far From Ordinary!"

February Fun

by written on April 9, 2009

Went to Lake Geneva for Winterfest. The weather was fantastic for walking around and enjoying yourself but not if you were an ice sculptor. My husband and I went to get away for the weekend and stayed at The Cove. Everything about our stay was fantastic. Being able to walk to everything downtown was great. We made our reservations already for next year.

Lake Geneva Vacation

by written on April 8, 2009

My husband and I took a mini vacation to Lake Geneva. We stayed at The Cove of Lake Geneva and had a wonderful time. The staff was wonderful. The only slight problem was that the indoor pool area was being painted while we were there. No real inconvenience and I am sure it will look great when we come back again in the summer for our family reunion.

Unique Quality: Beautiful rooms, great staff

A Great Time With Great Friends

by written on April 8, 2009

I went with a couple of friends to The Cove of Lake Geneva. We loved the fact that they are located walking distance from beautiful Geneva Lake, downtown Lake Geneva and all the shopping. The staff was wonderful and the room fantastic. I can’t wait to go back again.

Unique Quality: Great pool, great staff

• Kitchenette
  • Suites
  • Free High Speed Internet

Lake Geneva Travel Forum

Need advice about Lake Geneva, Wisconsin? Visit the Travel Forum for Lake Geneva and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Lake Geneva hotel reviews