123 Center St, Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, 53147, United States

Mill Creek Hotel
Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

• What Happened to the Mill Creek Hotel???

We were placed in room 101. It’s next to the front desk & is in the center of all hotel traffic. I asked if we could have another room & Daneen/Tabitha explained that the hotel was booked up for the weekend & even if they our room on Fri night, we would have to go back to 101 on Sat. I was handed our room keys & dismissed by the 2 ladies. We entered our room & I could already hear noise outside our door. We decided that we would put up with changing rooms if it meant 1 night of quiet! However, apparently this offer expires after 3 minutes. When my boyfriend went back he was told the hotel was at capacity & again dismissed by the blonde front-desk duo. So what was the room like, you ask? Fireplace, Jacuzzi tub…it had to be great right? Well, sort of. The tub was spacious but was run-down. The fireplace was nice but we couldn’t adjust the flame so we had to turn on the air conditioning. Trying our best to ignore the noise outside, we enjoyed some wine & called it a night. And so began our encounter with the mattress from hell. This was by far the most uncomfortable mattress I’ve ever slept on. The best way I can explain how awful the mattress was is to compare it to a gigantic slice of dry, lumpy meatloaf filled with tortuous springs. Needless to say, we didn’t sleep. On the 2nd night we took all the blankets we could find & created our version of a mattress pad. Again, sleep eluded us. On the morning of checkout I came across a Guest Book. I was shocked to find note after note about how awful the mattress was. The first comment went back to 5/2010! At this point we were done. My boyfriend went to the front desk to explain the situation, bringing the book with him. This is when our stay went from disappointing to a nightmare. My boyfriend spoke to Juan who was rude, belittling & aggressive. While my boyfriend was explaining how bad the bed was he was flipping through the book to try to show we weren’t just being picky. Juan waved his hand at my boyfriend & shouted, “Yeah, we get it man. The beds are bad. What do you want from us?” Shocked, my boyfriend said that he wanted someone to care & asked what the name & # of the general manger were. Juan proceeded to laugh at him & said “um, it’s the same # as the hotel, man.” Furious, my boyfriend stormed back into our room. At this point I’m LIVID. I grab a note pad that we’d been using to take down some staff names & approached the front counter. I asked who the man was standing behind the counter & he replied “it’s on your notepad” in an utterly rude & arrogant tone. I had 5 or 6 names on the pad & asked how I was supposed to know who he was. Again, he responds “well, it’s on your pad.” I come to the realization that I’m dealing with someone who has zero customer service training & common sense. I point to the book that I had brought out from my room & explain that we’re not the only ones with this problem. Juan grabs the book from my hands & shouts “that’s hotel property!” I try to again explain why I have the book & with each word I speak he cuts me off & says “hotel property.” All of a sudden I’m in some kindergarten shouting match. Enough is enough & I ask Juan, “Why are you speaking to me like a child?” Go ahead, guess how he responded. Go on, guess. Bingo-“Hotel property!” So at this point I’m done with Juan & ask for the general manager that is in an all-day meeting. Enraged, I explain that if Ralph (general manager) isn’t contacted I will go room to room until I find him. Juan disappears & minutes later an older gentleman appears & introduces himself as Ralph. In a matter-of-fact tone he asks me to recount what happened & documents a formal complaint. Honestly, it seemed like he really didn’t know what to do. He jotted down notes, mumbled something about perhaps refunding a night’s stay, but not having to do the authority to do so. I have yet to hear back from Ralph. All I’m left with is a killer backache & the worst hotel experience of my life.

Comments