7020 Grand Geneva Way, Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, 53147, United States

Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark
Booking.com Expedia.com Tingo.com

• Great Trip For The Family!

I was a little concerned after reading some of the reviews, but decided to give it a go. Was greatly surprised. The check in was quick and easy. We arrived at about 2pm and room was ready to go. Room was pretty clean no issues. Bathroom was really nice, it had a great 2 person hot tub. Awsome!!!

Unique Quality: Great for my two boys ages 7 and 9. Wife and I also enjoyed it. Even though hotel was sold out not very over crowed. Plenty of other activities going on at the hotel.

Directions: Right of higway 120 and highway 50

More about Timber Ridge Lodge

Great time at Timber Ridge Lodge

by TripAdvisor Member Pizzazz60610

We just came back from a wonderful weekend at Timber Ridge. What a great place for my grand daughters six years old and seven years old. They loved the indoor and outdoor water parks. The lifeguards were so attentive as all of the staff. The rooms were luxury and so spacious with a full kitchen with island and chairs, fireplace and dining room table for six.

We loved staying ther and will defintely go back during the winter.

Overall good

Just returned from the Timber lodge. We stayed Thur-Sat. I did not feel as though it was crowded, though they were at full capacity. We stayed in a two bedroom unit. The room had plenty of space, though it is long and narrow. Very clean. Fully stocked kitchen with all the utencils/ pots/pans you would need. Grocery store nearby to save on eating out. The toddler pool area was great for our 2 1/2 year old. The pool area always seemed clean. The snack bar had a great selection of food from junk to healthy. Overall had a good time. On the flip side, more restaurant options would be nice. There is only one small bbq themed restaurant plus snack bar. Only two small bottled waters even for the two bedroom that claims to sleep 6. If you don't have kids and want to relax, this is not the place for you. I would say that 98% families with kids stay here. The resort manual is useless. Very little information given. Almost everything listed just has a number to call for details. Bring local information with you to guide you to downtown and local activities and or restaurants. Downtown was very crowded on weekend. Went to delavan (sp?) for lunch one day to avoid crowds and parking. This is not an inexpensive place to stay. Some people might not consider it a good value. If you compare it to other local places, it does cost a bit more, but it is also newer with more to offer.

Not Bad

Given the price and the water park's relation with the Grand Geneva, I was expecting the hotel to be more upscale than it was. The room was nice and well laid out with a nice tub, but lacked any real style. The restaurants were very middle of the road, so don't expect any type of culinary treats - wings and fried chicken rule the menu. The "health club" barely warrants a mention, although I think you can use the work out equip. at the Grand Geneva. Overall, the feel was far more akin to a new motel off the interstate than the posher Grand Geneva.

The waterpark was nice, though. My daughter is 2.5 and she had a great time. On the plus side, the layout is pretty neat, and the there is lots to do for the toddler-age child - slides, fountains, etc. . . . The two water slides are fun. There seemed to be plenty of chairs and tables. On the minus side, the pools are somewhat small and shallow, and there is very little "open" water for actual swimming. Also, the limited outside areas were only open to 5. I think older kids would get bored pretty quick.

Service was okay. The front desk was helpful, recommending restaurants downtown and promptly correcting a mistake on my bill. The restaurant staff, though friendly, were not very efficient. I thought the Lifeguards were attentive but my wife thought they were lazy. The prior comment about all the workers being 20 is pretty accurate.

All in all, if the price is right, I would probably return for another visit while my kids are little. However, I wouldn't pay full price and I wouldn't come with teens.

by TripAdvisor Member gsr

Definately do not stay here unless you have kids and can take the noise. Hotel was so noisy we had to call the front desk at 11 pm (to no avail)Rooms are OK being suites with amenities like dishwasher, stove, whirlpool tub... room service not complete... you can smoke on the outside veranda, but that was never cleaned when we were there..(3 nights) The restaurants on site are not that good...in fact, the earliest they were open was 8 am. The pool area is crowded and I observed 2 young children 3-4 years old with just underwear on in the pool and water park even though rules forbid this... sorry I can not give it a higher rating, but I thought I was being kind with a "2"

Midweek getaway

by TripAdvisor Member ScrappingMomof3

We just came back from a midweek stay (Tuesday -Thursday) at the Timberridge Resort. It is a nice waterpark, but nothing compared to the larger ones in Wisconsin Dells. My children (ages 7,5 and 15 mos) were fine with it, but maybe if your kids are 10 and over, they might get bored fast. The 2 water slides were good, but the pools seemed on the small side. There really is no "open" space to swim. It always seems your in the way of the slide, basketball hoops or the things where you walk on log pieces with the ropes overhead (not sure what the real name is). But, for us it was good enough. The room was nice. It was clean and the bathroons were on the larger side. The downstairs bathroom had a big jacuzzi tub/shower and plenty of floor space. The upstairs bathroom was also good size but with only a regular tub. We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite, although the 2nd bedroom is located in an upstairs loft, so the 2nd bedroom is not totally enclosed, so if you are looking for 2nd room to have total privacy, you won't find it here. The bedrrom on the main floor is a private one. As in another review, the whole unit seemed long and narrow. There wasn't alot of space between the dining table and the wall. There were 3 tv's, so that helped with the kids, there was a DVD player in the main living room. The kitchen was a big help, as we were able to bring our own drinks and breakfast supplies. We had only pizza from the restaurant/take out place in the pool, which was good enough. Didn't get a chance to sample the Smokey Joe's (I think) restaurant. Overall, it was a nice place, but look for their internet specials as I don't think it's worth the rack rate (is there a hotel that is?). You can't beat the location...1 1/2 hours from Chicago, so even a 1 one night stay would be ok. Would go again, at least until the kids grow out of it.

Great place for the whole family

We have stayed at the timberridge twice now and our second experience was just as good as good as our first. The hotel rooms are like small condos. They are equipped with a electric stove dishwasher ,Fridge & sink, probably a microwave but I can't remember,no oven though. We knew about the full kitchen the first trip so we always made our breakfast & dinner there. We always bought our lunch at the pool at the little poolside walk-in walk- out restaurant , which was easy with kids. They had a variety of healthy food and junk food whatever you prefer.
All the rooms are clean and have a whirlpool tub. pull out sofas for the kids and our bedroom was in a seperate room. There is a game room that we visited.
We have managed to cut the cost on the room, we found a coupon on the enernet the first time and some times they are in the entertainment book . They do have seasonal prices, call them. Both times we were there we never paid full price.
We visited the little town of lake geneva, cute little town expensive though, beautiful homes on the lake. You should also know that timberridge is really located in the middle of nowhere there are no restaurants close to it, no fast food. so don't plan on making any quick runs from the place.
The water park has a kiddie pool area right when you walk in and a area to play water basketball or anything else there a smaller slide there too.a big jacuzzi, lazy river, one enclosed slide and one you use a tube on. There is a outside water park too.
Alot of people say that it can't compare to the size of the wisconsin dells lodge & waterparks, & it probably can't. I have not been to the dells, but I know that I live on the outskirts of chicago and Timberridge is closer to me than the dells by a few driving hours. Also it is about 35 minutes from six flags great america in gurnee, Ill. We usually do the timberridge waterpark one day & great america the next .
Over all it is a great place to take your family. for a weekend of fun.

Fun for the family

by TripAdvisor Member Mom2GTL

Stayed at Timber Ridge with my 9 y.o. son, his 13 y.o. cousin, and my mother. 1 bedroom suite was roomy enough for us. Kitchenette (fridge, microwave, sink, etc.) with counter and dining room table/chairs were nice pluses. Large enough bathroom with huge 2 person soaker tub.

Water park was fun. We arrived on Thursday and left Saturday. Both TH and FR seemed less crowded than SAT., although we did remain at the park after checking out. Clean and well manned with lifeguards. (Noticed more on SAT than the other 2 days.) Staff was attentive. Plenty of tables and chairs.

Not a lot to select from restaurant wise. We ate once at the main restaurant and several times at Smokey Joe's which is located in water park. Smokey Joe's fulfiiled the breakfast and lunch urges. Special reservation package gave us $25.00 breakfast coupon and $50.00 dinner coupon, at restaurants on-site. Just charged everything to room and then submitted coupons at check-out time. Went to downtown Lake Geneva (just a couple minutes away) Friday for dinner, and had a better selection of restaurants, plus ice cream parlors.

We took a trolley ride to tour the rest of the property and were told there are several restaurants at the Grand Geneva Resort locale. Also a larger pool for swimming is located there too. Due to time constraints we never went back.

The elevators were a bit slow, and we found ourselves walking up and down stairs to avoid the wait. The place is 4 levels, so if you don't mind stairs and can physically handle this, it's not a problem.

Overall, this was a good close getaway froom Chicago. My son wasn't ready to leave; therefore I know we will go back, plus he wants to bring dad next time.

Beautiful for kids of all ages & adults.

We went to this place fpr the first time. I have 3 boys 10, 5, 1 and they all had lots and lots of fun. The resort is reasonable especially when you check out the family specials on their website. We stayed only one night and had lots and lots of fun. Sister in law and her family had lots of fun too. We are going again soooooooon!! Loved the whirlpool too the jacuzzi felt sooooo goood. I recommend this place to anyone. Have Fun!

Nursica Diane
Chicago

Only OK

by TripAdvisor Member joeleeo

We were at Timber Lodge for a family reunion in late June. The water park is fun for MAYBE one day and then the kids (9-13) ran out of things to do-it is much smaller than the competition. Please note that "outside" food is not allowed in the waterpark and they were checking bags to keep you from sneaking stuff in, including for the little kids who were with us. On the other hand, the rooms are close enough that you can run up to the room quickly and easily.

The rooms are very nice, clean and spacious. The kitchen is as nice as most apartments I've lived in and you can easily cook there. Again, they don't let you bring food into the waterpark so don't plan on packing lunch to take to the pool.

Do not take the elevators, if you can help it. The stairs are much quicker and saves on aggravation of waiting.

Health club in the Timber Lodge is non-existent. If youwant to work out, pay extra to use the spa, which is about a 3 minute drive away.

The food at the restaurant in the Timber Lodge is not very good and the service in the restaurants is worse. Pizza is the only thing edible and would suggest taking it back to the room. Bartenders are nice and helpful. The food at the waterpark restaurant is only fair.

While the employees generally try hard and are pleasant, they are not very helpful arranging things or making reservations, primarily because they are not hotel trained staff, but instead locals who are seeking a part time job.

Lake Geneva is close, about 5 minutes away, including a Walmart and Home Depot if you forgot items, and lots of fast food outlets, but you do have to drive to get there. There is nothing in close walking distance, including the main resort.

The restaurants at the main resort were not good either, according to the people we met at the pool, with serious service problems.

Overrated, not worth the expense

My family and I stayed at the resort from Thursday, July 21 to Sunday, July
25, 2005.

I was very disappointed with the accommodations and the staff. We have stayed at 4 and 5 star resorts all over the United States and we have never been treated the way we were treated at Timber Ridge.

For starters, early Friday morning, I was awakened by what sounded like someone getting beaten to death in the room next to us - the walls were shaking. I called down to the front desk and was told that she would send someone up to check on it. Of course, there was no going back to sleep because by now I was worried about what was going on next door, coupled with the fact that there was a loud fan in my bedroom which I never could figure out how to turn off.

We never received any room care at all except for Saturday when housekeeping was in the hallway and I managed to get some clean towels from them. I also asked them how to operate the garbage disposal which was evidently not working. They did send maintenance to fix that.

On Saturday, my boys had friends over and after purchasing extra wristbands - we went down to the water park. We went to the hot tub outside which as I found out later - or would have never gone in - reopened after some child evidently went to the bathroom in it. We were never told that there was a private party using that area.
An anniversary or birthday party was going on and they complained about our presence in the hot tub. The area was not cordoned off by a sign. We were never told that part of the resort was off limits.

On both Saturday and Sunday, I had to wait at least 15 minutes at the front desk for water park wristbands. Couldn't these be available at the concierge desk?

On Saturday evening, I went to visit my relatives in Burlington. When I got back to the resort, I took the stairs because I had realized early on in our stay that the elevator was extremely slow. While walking up the stairs, on the third floor landing, the walls had expletives written with mud or something.

When I went to check out on Sunday afternoon, there was a line of at least 6 people waiting on both sides of the front desk to check out. I had enough and quite frankly, I wasn't going to wait anymore especially to pay for something that was so awful.

I tried to talk to someone about my concerns for two weeks after returning home and finally a very rude and unprofessional manager called to basically tell me I was lying about everything I related to him.

Obviously, I am extremely disappointed with Timber Ridge and I would never stay at this resort again, nor would I ever suggest anyone to stay at Timber Ridge. The resort is extremely overpriced and was definitely not worth the money or the aggravation.

Lake Geneva BeachLake Geneva Beach