Microtel Inn & Suites Madison

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Madison East
Orbitz.com Hotels.com MicrotelInn.com

Satisfaction Terrible

• WARNING!

Service less than to be desired, and the bathroom needed a little attention from the cleaning staff..if you want the full story...keep on reading!

Our check in for our two night stay was smooth and efficient, the lady that checked us in at 3:45 pm on a Friday was exceptional. I wasn't excited about the fact the bathroom was not clean but nothing a quick toilet bowl scrub wouldn't fix from the non-use black ring at the water line.

On the first morning, at 6:30 am (Saturday morning) the visit became a nightmare...first with a rude wake up call by the desk clerk and a required an immediate summons to the desk. Upon my arrival we found the declined credit card transaction for our two day reservation was due to the desk clerk running it through HOTWIRE (per their coding system) and NOT EXPEDIA (where I booked it)!

I knew there was something not quite right seeing that I used the card from the financial that I work at (small credit union) as a VP with nearly $7,000 available limit. After our in person discussion in front of approximately 6-8 other hotel guests also with the luxury of hearing our conversation - to realize the hotel clerk had the wrong code for the 3rd party vendor (he showed me the small typed list taped to the desk) and woke me for NO REASON. No appology, only a "What did you expect me to do? Call you at 1:30 am when I found the error? I waited till 6:30." I thought, "on my day off, and on my first morning of a two day stay! You could've slipped a note under the door asking me stop by the desk before leaving...you have a copy of my driver's license to track me down - wasn't that the purpose of reliquishing it to you to copy?"

When I attempted to discuss the confusion and my frustration in service with the next shift desk clerk, I was provided a similar rude response with an announcement to me and the other hotel guests in the lobby - "We did what we had to - your card declined!"

Needless to say, I knew this conversation was going nowhere. So I quietly walked away and vowed to tell my story on every online review I could find associated with this hotel. I would NOT recommend this hotel for any reason to anyone...and people need to learn how to just be nice...and... I am telling everyone about my experience. Happy travels!

• msnguy81's Profile Photo

NOT BAD!!!!!

I wanted to spend a nice evening in a whirlpool suite with my girlfriend. It was the least expensive whirlpool suite in the city. The hotel, contrary to the review I just read here on VT by another username, is NOT dirty. I found it to be clean and confortable. It is NOT old... Unless you consider 5 years old to be "old", and the location is hard to beat. Within walking distance of TGI Fridays, Red Robin, Pizzaria UNO, Fazoli's, Panera Bread, KFC, Pizza Hut, and Country Kitchen. 1 Block from the major east side mall in Madison. Great staff. Great room. Great time.

Unique Quality: The best deal I have ever gotten for a whirlpool suite. Giant room. Giant whirlpool.

Directions: East Towne Mall area.

Comments