Sheraton Madison

706 John Nolen Drive, Madison, Wisconsin, 53713, United States
Sheraton Madison Hotel
Orbitz.com Booking.com Sheraton.com

More about Sheraton Madison

staff was very friendly and responsive

by TripAdvisor Member monkeynet

A room for us was not ready upon arriving at 4pm. The front desk staff asked if we could wait 15 minutes so that a room could be cleaned. No problems, they had a nice lobby with free wifi. I don't think we waited more than 5 minutes before a room was made available and we were upgraded to a king for our wait (and we paid via Priceline!). Also, the whole property is now non smoking.

The only two issues during our stay:

1) loud activity in the hall at 2am
2) alarm in the empty room next door went off at 6:30am

So much for a good nights sleep! We called the front desk for both occasions and they responded quickly.

A hassle free pleasant hotel from which to explore Madison

by TripAdvisor Member RobertFlorida

My experience at the Sheraton was very positive. Check in was friendly and efficient. We were given a room on the third floor floor that appeared to have been recently renovated.The room was clean and the beds very comfortable. As a Starwood Preferred Guest I was pleasantly surprised to be given use of the members lounge, a perk which some hotels do not give to Priceline or Hotwire bookings.
The hotel now has four computers in the lobby for use by guests on a complimentary basis. Since I didn't bring a laptop, I am unsure whether they are currently charging for in room internet access as reported by others previously.
The only meal which I had was the full breakfast buffet and it proved to be satisfactory if not exciting. My only quibble, was that the maid kept restocking the in-room coffee service with decaf bags only, so I had to journey to the lobby to get the morning jolt of cafffeine.
This hotel is an easy 5-10 minute drive from the U.W. campus and from downtown Madison. I had a pleasant stay and would recommend it without qualification.

Good value, location in Madison

by TripAdvisor Member chisistas

We stayed here over the weekend as a less expensive alternative to a hotel the wedding party we were booked stayed in. The hotel is easy to access (right off the John Nolan beltline exit) and has ample, free parking. The lobby looks to be recently remodeled and offers complimentary internet access. The hotel was sold out due to a convention at the conference center across the street, but the front desk agents could see i was distressed as I had to get changed and rushed me in within an hour of my arrival (I was there 3.5 hours before the actual guarenteed check in time). The room was nice, nothing spectacular but clean with a comfortable bed. We ordered room service-expensive but on par with other hotel in room dining. We also ate breakfast in the restaurant, which had decent food. The hotel bar was also still pretty populated at 1a when we returned from the wedding.
Tip-the hotel has a shuttle which will take you practically anywhere in the city-they took us to the wedding and later to the bar downtown. Very nice feature!
All in all, good service, decent rooms, nice value. My only criticism would be that the hallways were slightly worn.

Nice, nice staff

by TripAdvisor Member Deedree

We stayed there with our 9 month old - this place was good for kids They opened the restaurant half an hour early for us, the staff was friendly and and the rooms were clean. Nice comforter. It's right off a highway, which I thought would be a bigger deal than it was. If you get a crib, you can stick it halfway into the closet, making a little nook so the whole family doesn't have to go to bed at 7:30.

Sheraton is subpar

by TripAdvisor Member londonwpr

The location of the Sheraton is great. Right across the street from the Alliant Energy Center and a short drive to downtown Madison/UW. I booked two rooms for one night at $60/room thru Priceline and was satisfied with the room for that rate. I noticed normal rates at this hotel are $179/night. I definitely would not pay that to stay there. The hotel is deserving of their 3-star rating. While the rooms were nice (including the wonderful LCD TVs), certain parts of our room could have been fixed. The bathroom door had pieces of duct tape holding it together and the shower head was not correctly attached as water shot out of it in every direction. On the flipside, the lobby area was great with computers for guests to use and the Wisconsin State Journal was provided outside of our door in the morning.

Overall, I'd stay at the Sheraton again at a discounted rate. But wouldn't pay full price to stay there.

Money saving tips:

by TripAdvisor Member travisleroy

1st of all I got the room for $55/night on priceline.com.

Then, at check-in, I requested "upgrades" as a Starwood member, and got an access key for the executive level clubroom. This meant free food in the morning and evening.

Also: wireless internet is $10 in the room, but free in the lobby. Once you log-in in the lobby you can move you computer to your room and still get wireless free for 24 hours.

Great Stay for a Badger Game

by TripAdvisor Member JamaicaBRIDE08

Overall, we had a great stay at the Sheraton. We booked this hotel through priceline and got a great rate. The location of the hotel isn't walking distance to the stadium, BUT the hotel provides a free shuttle. We have stayed at several hotels in Madison where the shuttle was a disaster, but this worked out perfectly. I called Friday night and just told the front desk what time we wanted to leave in the morning. Perfect!

Overall, this was the nicest, most comfortable hotel that we've stayed in the area for the purpose of going to a Badger game. I imagine that this hotel would work out perfectly for conventions at the energy center.

Also, the walking/bike path is right outside the hotel. It goes right along the water.

Impressive Hotel

As other reviewers have noted, Priceline is a great place to go for a reasonable rate. That having been said, at first I was disappointed to find the Sheraton my prize - mainly due to its location outside of walking distance to downtown. But once we arrived, all concerns evaporated.

We were met by excellent front desk personnel. Since this was my first Priceline purchase I was unsure how I'd be treated. With barely a hint of a request, we were upgraded to the Starwood 6th floor. Our above-standard room was great: nice decor touches, lots of hardware in the bathroom, sink separate from toilet and bath, bathrobes, etc. Screens made it possible to open the windows a bit, a big plus for us.

On both our nights there, after minimal waits the hotel van took us right downtown. Since we weren't out all night, when ready to return we just called the hotel for a pick-up and within 5 minutes we were on our way back. A few bucks tip for the drivers beats a taxi fare. So, our initial concern about hotel location was a non-factor.

Another big plus is their huge indoor pool with hot tub and plenty of room - very relaxing. Though the late June mosquitoes drove us back inside, there's also a small sun deck outside the pool area.

In the lobby there were several internet terminals for our use, including the ability to print things at no cost. They also have a restaurant that looked pleasant enough but which we did not use.

Considering the price, the service, the upgraded room and the pool, our stay was a steal.

Great for convention centre

by TripAdvisor Member NeedaholidayUk

Conveniently located for the Alliance convention stay we had a pleasant stay at the Sheraton. Front desk were incredibly polite and helpful throughout our stay. Reception has a small coffee shop so you can get a Starbucks brew and computers/printers. We stayed in a club level room which was spacious, but not luxurious. Lots of beige and dark brown but obvious recently renovated. They still need to give a little thought to the HUGE bathroom which had no shelves/storage for toiletries, only a shower and no hooks; also only one bathrobe provided when clearly 2 guests. Internet access quick, but Wifi a little patchy in the room.
Breakfast on a weekday was a good choice, although a little slow. The weekend "buffet" was dreadful with tired looking and not great tasting food and tired/uninterested looking waiting staff.
However, if you have time get out of the hotel - there are some really beautiful places to go walking/cycling etc just outside of the hotel. 10mins drive away in Madison where you can make up for hotel food - bakeries/coffee shops and some really good restaurants - you just need to explore a little.

Wonderful, Relaxing Time

by TripAdvisor Member Guinevere123

We booked through Priceline ($67.00) and loved it. The room was comfortable and spacious. The staff was friendly and helpful. The pool and outside deck area was enjoyable.

5h4d0w5h4d0w