4802 Tradewinds Parkway, Madison, Wisconsin, 53718, United States
Orbitz.com Sleep Inn Booking.com

More about Madison

Sub saharan folk musicSub saharan folk music

SunsetSunset

Beware of the toxic blue-green algaeBeware of the toxic blue-green algae

blankets holding a spotblankets holding a spot

Travel Tips for Madison

US Bank Building

by yooperprof

Glass-walled office buildings are often annoying - but this once has a good reason for its design: it is immediately opposite Wisconsin's magnificent State Capital. This is the US Bank Building, right on Capital Square - 1 S. Pinckney Street. The architectural use of plain glass was probably intended as a kind of deference to its imposing neighbor.

Albino Squirrels Driving Barbi Cars

by mean_green_leftovers

Ok, so this is the most rediculous thing I have ever seen. I just can't explain how hilarious this is. It takes about a half an hour to go through and you just laugh harder and harder with each new exhibit. Well, if you aren't really against trapping and stuff.
A funeral home in Middleton has a large collection of mounted animals, mostly squirrels and chipmunks, in rediculous human poses, dancing, drinking, gambling, etc...
I don't remember the exact place, but when I went I called the wrong place and they knew exactly what I was talking about and directed me to the right place. Just ask for the basement taxidermy exhibit.
The place will let you roam around as long as you want provided there is no funeral service that day. It's also free.

Tuesday Night Around the World

by julieuzi about Bon Appetit Cafe

The Bon Appetit Cafe is a small restaurant that seats about 20 people. My experience there is limited to Tuesday night meals when the chef prepares a menu inspired by a particular cuisine from anywhere around the world.

For about $15 you get a 4 or 5 course meal with your choice of entree (there are usually 3 or 4 from which to choose.) Once a month the chef has a wine flight that he pairs with your meal; so for an additional $15 you get a glass of wine to compliment each course.

Themes that I have enjoyed are Mexico, France, Italy, Moracco, Spain and Greece. Moraccon Couscous (not that he'll ever make it again)

Seaweed not for us

by kuhakakai about Sai Bai Thong

The decor of this restaurant is simple but very pleasing, with walls painted deep and various shades.
The service is good. Weekday lunch prices are about $7.50. We enjoy the chicken or tofu with vegetables and some delicious sauces. They have duck, seafood and meat. Each lunch comes with a small salad, slightly hot, with peanuts, or a chicken soup.
However their special sometimes has a seaweed salad, with mung bean noodles, and I wouldnt have it again.
Their Thai eggplant is often tasteless and tough, undercooked, so I ask for regular sliced eggplant. Curried Squash.

Really Tasty Burgers!

by kimod74 about Dotty Dumpling's Dowry

This restaurant is an eclectic mix of model airplanes hanging from the ceiling, basketballs and tournament information from the early 1900's, and old college memorabilia/flags hanging all over the wall. There seems to be a slight German feel to some of the decor in the restaurant and the building is old so what I took from this restaurant is that it is a long owned family restaurant that dates back to the 1950's-60's era but who knows...I couldn't find any information in the restaurant that tells about it's history. There are plasma t.v.'s hanging on the wall that were playing AMC movie "Greystone-The Legend of Tarzan" that you can sit and stare at (no sound) while you eat). Our waitress was LESS THAN enthusiastic, although she did come back and refill my coffee and check on us. We had originally told her we all wanted seperate checks but when we received the checks one was seperate and two were combined. Because two of the people eating were on a business function, they had to all be paid for seperately. When we informed her that she still needed to split the one that was combined she acted like it was a problem for her to do it and like she didn't want to deal with us, her attitude was less than what I would expect from this "local family type restaurant." I had the California burger which consisted of a burger, guacamole and sprouts. Word of caution: you have to pay for french fries seperately, they do not come with the burger. The burgers were very tasty and the buns were very fresh and buttery. I paid $6.75 for the burger and the french fries regular size were $1.75 in addition to the burger.
If you do not like your burger PINK in the middle tell them you want it cooked well, I just assumed that they would cook it well or ask if you wanted it rare if that was the way they were going to cook it. In Colorado they ask because most restaurants do not want to be held liable for any type of Ecoli or Samonella poisoning that may occur with under cooked meat.

Comments