Ambassador Hotel Milwaukee

Family Travel Arts and Culture Historical Travel
See Amenities

Not a 4 Star Hotel

by written on August 2, 2011

Checked into a hot stuffy room at 4PM, set the AC to 72F and left. Returned at 11PM to an 82F room. We were told the AC is controlled by motion sensors and shuts off when you leave. I took an hour for the room to cool.

The bed was fixed to the floor so close to the window an adult could not get out on that side

The blankets were stained

You would be more comfortable sleeping in the well appointed lobby

Unique Quality: oppressively hot guest rooms

Directions: Near Marquette campus west of downtown

Horrible Experience!

by written on August 30, 2010

I must admit I was expecting a lot- I had rented the King Whirlpool Suit for my husband as a birthday surprise. However, not only was I let down, I was downright disgusted. First the front service desk is quite possibly one of the rudest group of individuals I have come across in Milwaukee. When I visit Milwaukee I often comment on how nice the people are - well that is because all the hostel folks work for this hotel. The young man at the desk told us to wait aggressively while he 'yelled' at another hotel guest over the phone to move their car. He then threw the keys at us and didn't even tell us our room number let alone welcome and have a nice day.

We get to our room - one of the priciest rooms in the hotel. Not only is the room underwhelming, but it was DIRTY! We had BLOOD stains on our sheets and black marks all over the comforter. HOW DO YOU MISS BLOOD STAINS ON SHEETS! The best part is that when I called downstairs she didn't seem surprised by my findings, she didn't apologize, and she said she'd send someone up. 45 minutes later someone came. She changed our sheets with the door wide open as we sat on the couch as if punished. The housekeeper was muttering to herself the entire time- and at no point did anyone seem disgusted by what they saw- which is what disturbed me the most.

We paid $273 for this room.

NEVER AGAIN. Go to County Clare. The room looks roughly the same (it also has a whirlpool) the rate is $145 and they are very hospitable and most importantly CLEAN!

Unique Quality: Other than being a disaster for over $200...not much.

Horrible Experience

by written on August 30, 2010

We paid $273 for this room.

Nearby Ambassador Hotel Milwaukee

• Suites
  • Airport Transportation
  • Bar / Lounge

Milwaukee Travel Forum

Need advice about Milwaukee, Wisconsin? Visit the Travel Forum for Milwaukee and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Milwaukee hotel reviews

Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
Inn Towne
Aloft Milwaukee Downtown

Explore Deeper into Milwaukee
Lots of ignorance on this board.
Best Place in the Pabst Brewery
Milwaukee Public Market
Milwaukee Public Museum
Milwaukee City Hall
Milwaukee & West Allis
Warnings and Dangers
Milwaukee is safe, as long as you know how to act.
Warnings and Dangers
Big Churches - St. Josaphat's Basilica (1901)
Charles Allis Museum
Good breakfast on the North Side
Marquette campus classic
Premier gastropub in the Third Ward
Restaurants
Eastside diner with a tail behind it
Historic Teas, Breakfast & lunch place downtown
Restaurants
Ralph Lauren goes to a biker bar?
Inexpensive Chinese by the Airport
Pho Consciousness
Restaurants
Suburban outpost of popular brewpub
Localvore haven in Walker's Point
East Side Bistro with Italian Accent
Crazy Good in Walker's Point
Segregated City
Tapas style goodness
Summertime
Tried of the put down
Warnings and Dangers
Street Walkers!!! Gang Bangers!!!!
Cuban Food!
Great East Indian cuisine
Service fit for a king!
Excellent hard-to-describe bar opened in Sep. '03
Nightlife
Irishfest! And other fests...
Hogs
Historic Third Ward
Things to Do
"Ferry Across Lake Michigan To Muskegon, MI"
Things to Do
"See Your Favorite Bands Play Live At Summerfest!"
The Rep