Ambassador Inn Milwaukee

2301 West Wisconsin Avenue, (formerly "Executive Inn"), Milwaukee, Wisconsin, 53233, United States
Ambassador Inn at Marquette

Milwaukee Art Museum and Cudahy GardensMilwaukee Art Museum and Cudahy Gardens

Kite Fest in MayKite Fest in May

Sausage race!!

by Deus_ultima

Can anyone tell me about the sausage race at the Brewers games??

I keep hearing about it..i think I'd like to go just to see it

by zuriga

It sounds like something that goes along with the Cheeseheads. :-)

Never heard of them.

:S

The only odd thing we have in Montreal at baseball games is that everytime I was there during "1$ day" there was at least one naked dude or clown running the field. We also have dog day...pretty stupid if you ask me, where everyone brings their dogs at the ballpark
:S

by zuriga

Maybe the Wisconsin cheeseheads only show him at football games. They wear those weird hats on their heads.. like swiss cheese. I miss not going to baseball games. My team was the Phillies.. now you know why I haven't seen a game in years. I never could get myself to root for the Mets or Yankees.

by Deus_ultima

My understanding is that the sausage race is actually guys dressed as sausages racing or somehting at everygame.

by sambarnett

They do it in the sixth inning. A Polish sausage, an Italian sausage, a Bratwurst and a Hot Dog race down the third base line and up the first. With the costumes, they must at least 8 or 9 feet tall.

As much as I hate gimmicks in baseball, it is a lot of fun. Much more fun than watching the Brewers over the past few seasons... ;)

I love those "gimmicks"!

I'm taking a very precious VT member to a game sunday (got V.I.P tickets!) ;)
The drinks and chips will be 1$ (canadian) and it's going to be a "back in time" game where the players wear their 80's uniform and past players come and sign autographs

by Raunchy_Poet

DU - I prefer not to race my sausage, but let it take its own pace.
RP :-)

by kaloz

When I lived in Cleveland Ohio, we had some promotions at sporting events. The most famous was "nickle beer" night at the old Cleveland stadium, back when they could only draw 3000 fans to a game. They sold out the 80,000 stadium, but had to forfeit the game due to drunken behavior from the "fans". My favorite was at a Lumberjacks game, IHL, "Buzz Cut" night. The mascot, Buzz the Beaver, would shave your head. How's that for a promotion?

by WT_Buffalo

The sausage races consist of 4 people, sometimes local celebs dressed as a Bratwurst, Polish Sausage, Italian Sausage, and Hot Dog who race around the base paths starting and ending at home plate. The "race" is surrounded by 9 innings of the WORST baseball in the free world. Do yourself a favor.. go to a minor league game and enjoy their promos and superior baseball for less money.

by Deus_ultima

I dunno...dressing as a sausage and tackling another one for fame sounds strangely appealing to me!

by Deus_ultima

Call me queer as long as I get to dress an an italian sausage for free!

Maybe we could do sdausage football!, sausage wrestling..

The possibilities!!
:D

by Cassp82

As long as you don't beat down our sausages with baseballs bats heres the info: A hot dog, a brat, a polish and italian sausage race around the bases during seventh inning stretch. Different people are inside them each time so you really don't know who's gonna win. It's a fun thing to watch at Miller Park. Also, watch for Bernie Brewer and drink some beer!

Travel Tips for Milwaukee

If summer go to any of the...

by larkswing

If summer go to any of the ethnic festivals that go on every weekend: Polish, Asian Moon, Indian Summer, Italian, African, German and Arabianfest are all held at the lakefront Summerfest grounds. Summerfest is a 10 day music festival at the lakefront with differt types of music at a dozen of different stages. There is a midway and great view. Something is always going on in Milwaukee, from the festivals at the lakefront to State Fair, Bastile Days, the Greek Festival, Folk Fair, and Winterfest. There is a great museum with the Steets of Old Milwaukee, award winning rainforest exhibit, and a new butterfly garden that is a great hit win all ages.

Wisconsin Gas Building (1930)

by yooperprof

Classic Art Deco Office Building on the eastern side of downtown. Influenced by the classic step pyramids of Egypt and Babylonia - not to mention New York and Chicago!

Designed by the local firm of Eschweiler & Eschweiler, the Wisconsin Gas Building is sky-lit beautifully at night. And the top of the tower serves as a nightime local weather forecast: a flashing flame means precipitation within twenty-four hours! Dark red means a warming trend, gold means a coming chill, and blue signals no temperature change. Who needs the Weather Channel!

626 E. Wisconsin Ave.

The Frederick Bogk House (1916)

by yooperprof

When I visited Milwaukee with my friend from Seattle Al, we undertook a little Frank Lloyd Wright tour. FL Wright was one of several great Americans from the state of Wisconsin, and he did much important work here. On some of my other Wisconsin pages, particulary the Madison and Spring Green ones, you can see some of the other sites Al and I visited on our architectural pilgrimage. The Bogk House is a little gem, an excellent example of Wright's genius for domestic design. It's still a private residence, and not open to the public, but you can get a sense of the building's strengths from the street. Experts consider this house to be a good example of a "transitional" Wrightian style, in between his "Prairie" years and his later west-coast, Asian-influenced work.

don't even attempt to be nice.

by LaFreakEgurL

maybe it is just because Milwaukee is a good size city... or maybe all of the cold bitter winters have coated the hearts of many wisconsinites... either way...

Milwaukee, WI has a HUGE attitude problem. words like "manners", "polite", and "sweet" are non exsistant in WI. I remember seeing a pregnant woman struggling with her toddler's stroller in a doorway of a department store. I saw a man walk right past her, and never offered a hand... Then when i went over to help her, she gave me a half hearted "thanks" and then walked away.

The Polonia Fountain

by yooperprof

This beautiful fountain is on the south side of the Milwaukee County Courthouse. It serves as a testament to the fact that Milwaukee has one of the larger Polish emigrant populations in the world. The piece is by Edmund Lewandowski, and a nearby plaque explains "The Spirit of Polonia is portrayed by these circular symbols: our society, our hopes, our concerns, and our love of freedom."

Comments