333 W Kilbourn Ave, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, 53203, United States

Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Costs 67% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• yooperprof's Profile Photo

Downtown Convenience and Comfort

When you book a Hyatt Regency you generally know what to expect: a good standard level of convenience and comfort, with facilities that are probably ideal for convention-goers and more than adequate for casual visitors. Admittedly, this property is looking a little dated these days, and the restaurants here are not exciting - but it's hard to beat the great rates that you can get here. I paid a base of $47 a night through Priceline to stay here - so I'm not complaining!

More about Hyatt Regency Milwaukee

Revolving Rooftop Restaurant

by deecat about Polaris

Atop the Hyatt Regency Milwaukee, you can enjoy the only revolving rooftop restaurant in the state of Wisconsin. What a deal it is...you can see amazing sunsets or the entire skyline of Milwaukee while you eat delicious food and drink wonderful wine!
The restaurant advertises it's cuisine as "mid-western". I describe it simply as good American food, especially the desserts!
You can have cocktails starting at 4:00 pm and dinner from 5-11:00 pm on Monday through Sunday evenings. Also, there is a great Brunch on Sunday from 10:00 am until 2:00 pm.
I loved the white linen tableclothes, tall-backed black-laquered chairs, the breathtaking view that revolved very slowly.
A warning: Be careful when you rise up from your chair, you may be a little light headed (not from the drink) from the slow rotation! Allan loved the Pistachio Crusted Rack of Lamb, and I loved the Gorgonzo Glazed Filet of Beef. All entrees are served with a delicious Caesar Salad. We also shared the seafood cocktail for two. Best of all, however, was the "Mile High Mud Pie".

No frills Hyatt

by TripAdvisor Member Cottonwood

I stayed at the Milwaukee Hyatt on 10/29 for a single night. I obtained the reservation through Priceline for $40 (lowest rate on the Hyatt Website was $109). Being a Hyatt Gold Passport member, my room was on the Gold Passport floor (17th floor). The room was your typical hotel room with the standard layout and furnishings. The bathroom was very small (barely large enough to turn around in) with toiletries from Portico. Water pressure was poor and the tile/grout and lowered bathroom ceiling tiles were very dated. On a positive note, the bed was very comfortable with a duvet encased between two top sheets and the general condition of the room was orderly and clean.

The Hyatt Milwaukee seems geared to business clientele and would not appeal to those on vacation. Since I was only there for one night and the price was definitely right, the hotel met my needs. The property could use a major face lift to bring it up to the current standards of most hotels, but for now, it seems frozen in time. Its convenient location and corporate business must be its lifelines.

Second Stay Not as Thrilling

by TripAdvisor Member nolalola

Well, I stayed at the Hyatt again due to a super cheap rate I got through Priceline. It is a very average hotel overall, I think. The atrium design simply contributes to the noise level - there were several functions in the hotel over the weekend and it was deafening. The beds are still super comfy, although my housekeeper could have done with lessons on how to make it properly. Temperature control in the room was a constant issue - too hot, too cold, thermostat didnt seem to be working. I don't think I will risk another lackluster stay here, think I will just book direct with the Pfister instead.

Not your typical Hyatt

by TripAdvisor Member Slydoggydogg68

The only reason I gave this hotel 3 circles, and not less, is that I reserved my room through Priceline, for $65. I guess I should not complain too much :)

The bathtub was clogged, and the humidity was so terrible, that the window frames were full, and I MEAN FULL of water drops, INSIDE the room. We arrived very late, so just went to bed. I informed them of the trouble the next morning when I was checking out.

The breakfast crew, though, were extremely friendly, and courteous.

Great People at a Functional Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member snowshoeguy

I lived in this hotel for months Monday through Friday. The employees are gracious hard working people. The restaurant staff upstairs is great, the food reliably good, and the view excellent. The rooms are standard Hyatt rooms. They offer pretty good comfort. While Hyatt recently remodelled the hotel, they should kick bed comfort up a notch by replacing the current beds with more luxurious bedding. The current beds are not uncomfortable. They could just be better. The bathrooms are small and functional (convention hotel style).

Excellent service

The best customer service I have ever seen in a Hotel. A super friendly, fast and efficient staff.

Add the best possible view of Milwaukee and there you are.

Go there, don't hesitate.

Hotel does not honor reservations

We made a reservation In August of 2005 for the
second weekend of April 2006 and received confir-
mation of the reservation. We chose the Hyatt
because it was within walking distance of the
Bradley Arena, theatres, restaurants and cultural
sites. On March 31, the Hyatt called to say that
our reservation was canceled. The Hyatt made a res-
ervation for us eleven miles from the Bradley Arena,
in a inferior hotel. We incurred additional expenses,
including car rental and parking fees and were unable
to use previoulsy purchased theatre tickets. I have
never experienced such treatment. It totally
ruined our vacation. Apparently a reservation at
this hotel is meaningless.

A nice hotel. Very convenient location

I agree with all previous reviews. We were on the 18th floor for 6 nights in July, but we could still hear noise from the lobby up through the Atrium. The room was nice but small with a king bed & a rollaway. The king sized bed had a slope on one side - I felt like I had to hang on. Our rollaway was hard & my daughter could feel the springs, so after a couple of uncomfortable nights we used the feather comforter from the king bed to soften the rollaway & that was fine. Coffee is not on every floor. Closest for us was 4 floors down. We just brought our own cup & heating coil & some instant coffee. Parking is now $15, and very conveniently connected by a skywalk. No valet parking, but that was fine with me to save the tip on my many ins & outs. Also the parking was so convenient that we were able to check out without using a bellman, thus saving another tip. Wireless internet is $9.95/24 hrs which you buy from a separate company. We had trouble with interference from another service in a nearby building, but moving the computer from the desk over to the vanity further away from the outside wall solved that problem. The staff was great, room was clean, location perfect. We made great use of the skywalk to the 80-store mall 2 blocks away. The elevators were always quick to arrive & never crowded even though the hotel was full for a convention. The revolving Polaris restaurant on top affords a great view. It takes one hour to revolve. We were able to watch the Independence Day fireworks from up there. Meals are pricey, but it was fine to order just a drink or a salad. Breakfast was not included in our rate, but across the street there is a 24 hr cafe where you can get a full breakfast for $2.50; or alternatively you can buy some food at Walgreens 2 blocks away & just eat in your room. We also ate at the food court in the mall a few times. I would stay there again.

Polaris Restaurant Atop Hyatt Regency MilwaukeePolaris Restaurant Atop Hyatt Regency Milwaukee

Comments