Wyndham Milwaukee Airport & Convention Center

4747 South Howell Ave, (formerly Four Points Sheraton), Milwaukee, Wisconsin, 53207, United States

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data
  • Nightmare Hotel

First night I checked in the carpet wast filthy, black spots on the floor, the shower would not drain the phone did not work and someone with a key to the room and would have if not for the security bolt on the door at midnight. Billed more to my debit card then authorized. Then when I checked out the stated they would refund my amenities deposit, but are now trying to charge 16.85 for a movie. We didnt even watch a movie and 16.85 is a pretty steep charge even if we did. BEWARE IF YOU USE A DEBIT CARD. Oh forgot to mention the big black ants that were crawling up the walls and on the floor.

Unique Quality: The unigue quality were the big black ants climbing up the walls. I thought I was camping

More about Wyndham Milwaukee Airport & Convention Center

Average Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member cruisinjean

A group of 14 of us stayed before an early flight out of MKE airport to Florida. Our rooms were all in different areas of the hotel after requesting that they be close together. A disappointment. The lobby was beautiful and the employees were friendly. We parked our car for over a week using the Park and Fly program. We felt as though our cars were safe. They had large shuttle mini buses and mini vans to take guests to the airport, part of their free shuttle. They were prompt.

The rooms themselves were ok. They were clean and the beds were comfortable. However, the bathrooms showed their age. There was some mildew in the shower/tub area.

We were within walking distance to a 24 hour Denny's restaraunt. This was good for our family for dinner. The next morning, I noticed a McDonald's out our room window, also within walking distance.

There were two pools. One indoor and one out. The gardens and patio area were nice.

Nice Enough

We just needed to stay one night because of our flight schedule. When we checked in the girls were helpful enough. Our room was large and the bed was so comfortable that we peeled down the sheets the next morning before we checked out to see what type of mattress it was. The Sheraton has a great pool area and a fun bar downstairs as well as a nice gym. We did not eat at the restaurant but there is one available. The buiding is older. I probably would not stay here for my enitre vacation but it is a great stopping point for a night or if you have to be near to the airport.

We ended up having to return back home to Florida early and we opted to stay here again. This time there was only a smoking room available which was not too bad and I did not expect much since we booked it so last minute. That night there were several events going on so the bar and restaurant were closed which was a bit disappointing but the room was just fine.

I would definately stay there again.

we love this hokey place

by TripAdvisor Member madison666

We stay here often prior to flights out. Almost always the front staff and shuttle drivers are very friendly and helpful, while we have no problems w/parking vehicle a week or so at hotel. The last visit the room's tv was not working well during some football game-- once notified, a man was sent to repair it right away. He could not, so he authorized and helped us move to another room within 10 minutes.
Some buildings have very old rooms, while others have newer nicer rooms. We seem to hit and miss for this but don't really care since our stays are so short. The hotel photos and description do make it look glitzier than it is.
Main restaurant is consistently very good-- steak, regular but fancy "American" cuisine; huge portions. Coffee shop excellent the one time we tried it. Bar too smoky to stay long!!
We have stayed @ other nearby airport motels, but prefer this one.

Great rate and free parking

by TripAdvisor Member WeloveB-Bs

Very convenient to the airport - and they have a FREE stay and park program - stay there one night and park the car for free - with shuttle service to/from the airport (5 minutes). If you park for over a week the savings almost pay for the night stay.

You do have to sign a waiver concerning car damage - but we had no problems and will stay there again just to use the free parking.

The inside steak restaurant was wonderful, good food, service and very good prices.

This is a BIG hotel a- so check in first and then park the car.

Ask for building 4 - where the airline personel stay - very quite - a little walk but never heard a sound the whole night.

Not Bad Overall

by TripAdvisor Member timman19

This is a handy hotel if you need to stay overnight if you are flying from Milwaukee. It's a short ride away and the hotel provides a frequent shuttle.

We were greeted by a very enthusiastic front desk woman. We were checked in quickly. In fact, all of the staff we encountered were very polite.

The tricky thing about this hotel is it's size. It has five buildings connected all together and it's easy to get lost trying to find your room after you check in which is what happened to us. Luckily, there are only two floors which helps. However, there were not many elevators to be found and it can be quite a walk from your room to the main lobby depending on your room assignment.

Our room was nice. It had a ceiling that resembled a log cabin which was a nice touch. The bathroom was fine but needed some work as the sink and shower/tub were getting old and starting to show wear and tear. At least the room was of a decent size and it was very clean. For some strange reason, they but the t.v. stand in front of one of the beds which made it difficult for the other person to watch it at the same time.

The hotel itself is pretty well maintained. The place could use some work as I did notice some slight damage in the corridors.

It was very cold out and our room had a heater/air conditioner which you can control. The problem was that if you left it on long enough, the room became very hot and if you left it off, very cold. We managed.

There is plenty of parking here for free. Sometimes you have to park a bit of a walk away but at least there is no charge.

There is also a great steakhouse here which is highly recommended. We ate there twice! There is also a bar there and another one in the basement of the hotel.

I also saw an outdoor pool and grassy area in the middle of the hotel. It was snowing when I was there but it looks like it would be a great place during the summer months.

We enjoyed our stay and recommend staying there.

Not Safe, Beware!

by TripAdvisor Member May27wedding

We stayed at the Four Points as a part of FunJet package where you get a room, free parking for up to 2 weeks, and shuttle service to and from the airport. Staying at the hotel was OK, but upon our return from a 4 day trip we found our car broken into. This is the worst way to end a vacation! Beware that we were parked directly under a bright light and this did not provide any security. The thief(s) stole the stereo and even had time to pop the trunk and uninstall the nice aftermarket amplifier. I read another review from a Trip Advisor member from March of this year where the same thing happened. I would not recommend participating in their parking and shuttle service. IT IS NOT SAFE!

Such a great birthday.

by TripAdvisor Member Italian_Girl13

I came here for my birthday party in September of 2006 and it was great.
My favorite part was the pools.
There was an indoor one,which I found excellent.
It was heated and on one wall was a beautiful glass wall where you can peer in from the lobby.
The outdoor pool was smaller,but it was great too.
The only problem with that,is I take it as a business kind of hotel,and they don't have a hot tub.

The room we had was very spacious and comfortable.
It was very clean and and tidy.
The bathroom was nice and clean,the beds were made,the carpet was vaccumed,and the desks and television were dust free.
I will definetly stay here again.
It was such a pleasurable stay and the hotel staff made sure of it.
This hotel is amazing.

Look Elsewhere for Comfortable Night's Stay

by TripAdvisor Member Lifeontheroad

I stayed at this Four Points Sheraton in early November 2006 on business. I selected the hotel for its convenience to the airport.

The hotel itself is old - regardless of how many coats of paint are applied or the color of curtains that are hungs, the hotel is still old! In other words, the property need a major makeover.

In addition to my cheif complaint, during my one night stay, the wireless internet did not work.

Oh well, I stay in enough hotels throughout the year to realize that you win some and you lose some - but you never know until you try.

great "Park and Fly" hotel

by TripAdvisor Member We4travelers

Stayed at the hotel for the third time in a year. All three have been the "Park and Fly" packages. Can't say enough good things about the deal. The hotel is convenient to both the highway and the airport, has a nice bar & restaurant in it but is also close enough to walk to Rocky Rococo's or Denny's for a bite to eat, and is clean. Yes, it is a bit older but they have done some painting, etc. and I think it's fine for a good nights sleep before a flight out. The rates are reasonable and we've had no problems with the long-term parking while on vacation.

One feature we find that we haven't found with some other "park and fly" places is that the shuttle is there shortly after you get in from your flight! We never had to wait more than 5 minutes which is so appreciated when returning to Milwaukee. We will use this hotel again!

Comments