New Glarus Hotels

Our Members Say

• richiecdisc profile photo richiecdisc
  • Reviews: 5956

The New Glarus Hotel: next time I won't camp

The New Glarus Hotel looked like a Swiss charmer and it had me feeling awfully guilty about camping the night before outside of Madison as my wife was coming down with a cold. The truth was I knew little about New Glarus aside from its brewery and if I had known about the Glarner Stube and this cute hotel, I would have probably broken down and got a room. It would have meant eating dinner there on the day of our arrival rather than waiting around for lunch the following day which would have gotten us into Chicago earlier too.

We did camp at a KOA campground just before Madison off I-90 coming in from South Dakota. It was a perfectly serviceable place with a heated restroom and lots of hot water. It's best feature was wireless that was strong enough I could easily pick it up in the tent, which led me to finding the Glarner Stube. Better a day late than not at all!

The New Glarus Hotel has a restaurant that specializes in Swiss cuisine and my guess is they have at least one of the New Glarus beers on tap. Just one more reason to stay here rather than camp next time!

• Opinion of Price: about average

• Herwig1961 profile photo Herwig1961
  • Reviews: 223

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Swiss Aire Motel: Enjoyed the stay

No special place but reasonable with friendly owners.I have been there for 5months and enjoyed the stay.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average