Blue Harbor Resort And Conference Center

Blue Harbor Resort
Booking.com AMOMA.com Priceline.com

• yooperprof's Profile Photo

Sheboygan's New Harbor Resort

Haven't stayed here - but it looks pretty swank. Nice windows overlooking the harbor - too bad that they aren't balconies.

It's part of a large lake-front re-development project that encompasses dozens of acres. This was once an industrial site - but as is so common in this part of the country, the industry moved south, leaving Sheboygan with a very desirable piece of real estate close to the old town center. I hope that the revitatlization project - and in other Great Lakes communities - succeeds.

Directions: Sheboygan's Lakefront

More about Blue Harbor Resort And Conference Center

The Blue Harbor was nice but I expected more.....

I just got back from spending one night at the blue harbor resort. My boyfriend and I stayed in the jacuzzi fireplace suite. The room was really nice. We had the lake view but being February 13th the weather wasn't nice enough to enjoy it. The staff was very helpful. A lot of people have said that the waterpark was made more for children, but my boyfriend is 21 and I'm 19 and we both enjoyed it a lot. The only big problem was the check out time. If your paying good money to stay there you should at least get 24 hours to enjoy it. They should change the checkout time to 4:00 so that people have enough time to do everything there is to do there. As far as the town of Sheboygan there is nothing really to do there and no good places to eat. I would reccomend the blue harbor to anyone just as long as they plan on staying longer than one day.

This place was Great!!!

We just got back from the Blue Harbor Resort and I think the place was great!! We went for a long weekend over President's Day with our 3 kids. We have a 16 year old, 4 yr old and a 16 month old and everyone had something different to enjoy! What really impressed me was by the time I had us checked in, which was about 15 minutes, valet had our car unpacked and parked by and was waiting for me the finish up at the front desk! WOW! He took us to our room and was very nice. Answered all of our questions and asked us if he could do anymore. To make this quick, waterpark was nice and I really enjoyed to big waterslides. Did not have to wait to long to get on them either. My 4 yr. old loved the kiddie slides and the HUGE hot tube. I have never seen one that big! Arcade was fun for my 16 yr. old and met some kids to hang out with. If you need a bigger room than your "standard" room I recommend the fireplace loft suite! This room was awesome and lots of room for the little ones to run around. Restaurants were good, did not care for the buffet we had. Room service was good for us because of the kids and I did not think the prices we to bad either. Check out the Crew Club. Little ones can play bingo or do crafts. My 4 yr. old did this while we took a break from the water. I will definitley go back to Blue Harbor!!!!!

Great mini winter break for young kids

Our family recently traveled to Blue Harbor resort. We have stayed at the Great Wolf Lodge in the Dells and wanted to try this hotel closer to home.
The room was very nice. We stayed in the kids boathouse (room 110). It was close to the waterpark area, roomy, clean, nice decor, Aveda products in the bathroom, high ceilings, t.v. for kids in their bunkbed area. The only drawback was the ground level view of the parking lot. The kids loved their room. The fireplace was a nice touch.
The staff was very friendly!! We were able to check in upon arrival (1pm vs 4pm check-in time) and although fully booked, they placed us next to our friends.
The waterpark area was very nice. Our kids (4.5 & 6.5 yrs) loved it! I would think that older kids (9+) might get bored after a day. I don't think there is enough to do for more than a two night stay in the winter. The life guards were friendly and attentive. There were several different areas to explore.
The food at the child friendly restaurant 'On the Rocks' was pretty bad. Of the four adult dinners our group ordered, no one liked their meal. Fish sandwich was over cooked, bun too thick. Husband's chicken wrap had barely any chicken, very starchy meal. And, why they would think a centimeter thick slab of breaded, fried cheese on a burger or chicken sandwich would appeal to anyone visiting Wisconsin (or from this state) I don't know. Food definitely needs improvement!!
Our breakfast at the buffet Rusty Anchor was ok. The adults had the made to order omelets which were good. The buffet pancakes and waffles were really hard to cut and bland. There are two floors to this restaurant (we were seated on the second floor) and it was kind of inconvient to have to go up and down the stairs each time we made a trip to the buffet.
All wait staff at BHR were friendly and efficient.
FYI, on a separate Sheboygan visit we tried Stephano's in downtown Sheboygan. It is a 3 out of 5 star restaurant. Okay, nothing special.
Overall, this is a nice place to stay for a night or two, in the winter, with young children. It is much nicer than the Milwaukee Hilton waterpark.

Great Destination

by TripAdvisor Member Probe&Drogue

Great place. Nice facilities, both in the hotel, and in the water park. Our room ('kid aquarium') was large and well laid out--plenty of space. Entire staff was extremely nice. I don't believe the hotel was booked to capacity during our stay. I wonder if it were, and if the brand new condos were also full, if it might get a little crowded in the water park, but no more so than all the others at Wisconsin Dells. The view of the lake outside is definitely a plus. So too is the town of Sheboygan. I was pleasantly surprised at the number of interesting places we saw on the drive in. Recommend getting out to one of the nearby places in town for a dinner or lunch. We went to a sports bar / restaurant in town (The Skybox) so we could watch part of the World Series during dinner--excellent place. Also recommend checking out the nearby Kohler village which is just west of Sheboygan

Not worth the money!!!!

We paid $249/night. This place needs to add a lot of fluff and perks to be able to qualify as a "resort" and charge these prices. The first morning our room was made up, they must have only made the beds. A dirty washcloth was left in the shower and the coffee maker was not emptied or cleaned. They only offer buffet breakfast. The rooms for that price are the size of a standard room with two beds and a small sitting area. The bathroom only has a toilet and shower which sometimes is fine, but it was so small it was difficult to give two young children baths or showers. There is an Aveda spa and there are samples in the room of the products. The only soap provided was in small sample size bottles. It is very annoying when you are in the shower trying to get the soap to flow out of the bottle and then realize it's gone. And watching our 4 yr old trying to get the soap out to wash her hands was just pointless.
We would not have paid $149 for this place.

Nice Vacation...

We visited this resort Dec. 24-26. We thought this place was beautiful, when you walk in your instantly greeted and right there there is a store, coffee/icecream shop, buffet restaurant, and a nice restaurant....you have everthing you need right there! We got the 4-br condo the first night (b/c we stayed with a bunch of family) and a family suite for me and my husband the second night, and both suites were great, the condo smelled/looked brand new and the family suite was huge, the bathroom yes a bit small, but workable, and if people are going to complain about the soap, all you had to do was call the front desk and they'll send you anything you want, the aveda products were so nice and such a great touch! The waterpark was very neat but indeed intended more-so for the younger crowd and the game room was awesome, my cousins had a great time....and so did I...hehehe. Also, it was very clean and beautiful decor. I would recommend this resort for any family!

Riverfront

by apuleuis

These are all taken while walking along the wooden boardwalk.

Blue Harbor Resort is a new addition to the riverfront. It has done quite a bit to liven it up.

Before Blue Harbor was built, that side of the river was just junky empty land.

There are a lot of unique shops and restaurants in the old warehouse buildings.

Many of the buildings are the originals. Complete with crooked roofs.

Lakefront

by apuleuis

This place is really going to the birds. . .

. . . literally. I guess its not so full of people in fall.

These pictures are all taken at Deland Park and during my walk to the lighthouse.

Boats in the harbor.

This is the lighthouse. Its not much, but at least we have one.

This is Lake Michigan by the way.

View of Blue Harbor Resort from the lighthouse.

The most obvious thing in town is the power plant. The smokestacks can be seen from a large part of the city.

Harbor Community, Arts Center and Plumbing Capital

by yooperprof

"The Painted Bathrooms at the Kohler Arts Center"

A must see! If you are driving up I-43 to Green Bay, and looking for a place to stop, be sure to spend some time at the Kohler Arts Center in Sheboygan. They have some of the most remarkable bathroom art you've ever seen. Have you ever experienced a more striking urinal than this one? (Yes, it's a functioning urinal, not merely an "objet d'art.") Ladies, ask for a gentleman escort if you wish to see the artwork in its original setting.

"Blue Harbor Resort & Hotel"

Trying to be a grand hotel!

Blue Harbor ResortBlue Harbor Resort