Best Western Royale

5110 Main St, Stevens Point, WI 54481

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Stevens Point
Hotels.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Terrible

• WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed there this past weekend 6-24-2011 thru 6-25-2011 and worst place I have ever stayed at. The owner is a liar and a very mean person. Sent a group of 10 year old girls to tell a dj at a wedding reception in the basement of the hotel to turn down the music.
    Coward that he was and one of the girls was physically removed leaving a bruise on her arm. The music was so loud in my room you could hear the words to every song, was told music would be shut off at ten, which we all know is a lie wedding go till midnight. He left at 10 so he didn't have to deal with all the complaints and that was after telling me that if I didn't F'ing like it then I could F'ing leave infront of a group of 10 year old girls. There is no maid staff and if you have an issue with your toliet you will be told to go get a plunger and do it yourself. One guest was even left a present in there toliet ewwww. We had 5 teams times 11 girls per team equals 55 rooms and I one parent who didn't get a room the second night was asked to stay until and 10 p.m. to see if a room became available and then was told maybe at midnight they might get a room. Wouldn't let my dog stay in this dump. Beds were hard as cement slab. Mold in ceiling. Staff unfriendly owner just a bad man all the way around. In the morning was promised my money back then I was told no and to leave.

• Worst Hotel Experience Ever

Would give 0 stars if at all possible. I can honestly say that I have never had a worse experience at a hotel. We had 5 softball teams totaling well over 50 rooms from our town travel 4 hours for a weekend tournament and none of us will ever again visit an EconoLodge. My room consisted of 2 rock hard beds and a tv that barely came in. Others from our group recieved a box spring as a mattress. Over half of the lights in the bathroom were burnt out and we were told they would replace them IF they had time. When we returned to our rooms that night we discovered someone left an unpleasant "suprise" in our toilet. There were spiders in our room, the ceiling tiles were moldy in the bathroom and the fan didnt work. The curtains were falling of the wall as well. During our entire 2 night stay not once did we recieve any housekeeping services although some team members did get ONE of their beds made for them. We also had a large patch in the ceiling in the hallway next 2 our room that had moldy insulation hanging from it. Both of the ice machines were also not working and we were told by the front desk that one hadn't worked for months and the other worked but it took a very long time to produce any ice. When one of the toilets was not working in one of the rooms the guest was told to go down in the basement, get a plunger, and fix it themselves. Also the "continental breakfast" consisted of cake donuts. None of the juice or coffee machines worked. And this is not even the worst. A wedding reception was taking place downstairs that left the floors of some of the rooms vibrating with music so loud we could sing the songs word for word. When a group of our 10 year old girls complained at the desk the manager told them to go downstairs and tell the DJ to turn down the music. Unfortunately the girls did which resulted in them being FORCIBLY removed from the wedding and leaving one of the girls with a bruise on her arm. When informed of what was going on parents went to the front desk to fix the situation. One of the mom's was told explicitly "if you don't f***ing like it you can f***ing find somewhere else to stay" in front of half of the ten year old softball team. Eventually we were told the loud music would be taken care of, which by the way it wasnt. Management did however have time to yell at us and kick us out of the pool/game/congregational area because WE were too loud. Threats of calling the police and health department were met with deaf ears from the manager although he did have time to tell one of the parents "you need to be quite" as she was explaining to him what his complaint was. Needless to say I have never been so insulted by hotel staff as at this place. The hotel made well over $10,000 from our tournament teams alone and we were repaid with service and quality so poor that I will forever be disgusted. It is very telling that you cannot post reviews directly on the website for the EconoLodge website as none of them would be pleasant. Monday morning I will be calling corporate to voice my complaints as well as the health department. Please tell everyone you know of this so they may not have the same terrible experience we did.

Comments