Waukesha Milwaukee West

Expedia.com Travelocity Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Similarly priced and rated as other 1 star hotels

More about Waukesha

Just moved to Waukesha, looking for information

by sublimesun68_96

Hello,
I just bought a house on the Southwest side of Waukesha. I know nothing about this town. We moved here from Madison, which I miss very much, for a job. We like to find fun little bars... not clubbing bars, local po-dunk bars with good food, good drinks and/or good atmosphere.

We also have a dog. Any dog parks around here?

I love to hang out by the lakes. Are there any cool parks within, say, 10-15 minutes that are on water? I am familiar with Milwaukee, Kenosha, Madison, etc... but all these little suburbs between are not something I know well.

I guess any info you can possibly pass on to me would be much appreciated. I know nothing! We are in our upper 20's and wouldn't mind meeting people as well. How do you go about that around here?

Thanks!!
Kelly

RE: Just moved to Waukesha, looking for information

by blaird

I am not sure exactly where the soutwest side of Waukesha means, but I lived just to the east of waukesha when I was a kid and now live north of it...

I am sure you will find a ton of little bars nearby, Waukesha is littered with them. I know a few in New Berlin from those times I came back for the holidays, but I rarely went out in Waukesha. Brookfield (Bluemound Rd) has really built up over the years and Pewaukee (on Capitol Dr) is growing pretty, fast too.

-Nagawaukee Park is a big park between two big lakes, you might like that
-There are a bunch of lakes just north and west of Waukesha that should be pretty close...I think Nashotah Park is close.
-Take a walk through Delafield sometime, I think they have a little park on a lake in the city.

Comments