whitwater...a place where everyone knows your name
"where i went to school"
the university of wisconsin whitewater is a special place in wisconsin and is also a special place in my heart... which is why id like to explain a few things about whitewater, its population in summer is around 12,000 and when school starts up again its around 24,000. this place is definatly a college town
whitewater is known for several things
- Johnny Lechner still goes to school here, he was on david letterman, good morning america and a ton of other TV shows... hes been going to school here since 1994
- whitewater football team had an undefeated season in 2005 and 2006 (except the championship game)
- whitewater baseball team won the championship in 2005
- volleyball team won the championship in 2002 and 2005
- Dan McGuire a college professor (also was one of my professors) created a new way to cast iron and other metals that is 70% faster then before saving many american foundaries from going out of business
- whitewater has been in the top 3 schools for accounting in north america for the past 9 years
- whitewater has had the largest 2 parties ever busted happen blocks from campus (made national news 438 people recieved tickets from only one house)
- there really is no whitewater in whitewater the nearest river looks more like a lake
- you can walk almost anywhere in whitewater so this makes driving to the bars no no DD needed!
- whitewater paintball team is ranked #3 in the nation even against big schools like purdue, ohio state, wisconsin, iowa state, Penn state, marquette, platteville, st marrys, and so on
- you can drink all night for 7 dollars at almost any bar
- whitewater is an art accredited school