Atlantis Waterpark Hotel

Atlantis Waterpark Hotel & Suites
Orbitz.com Travelocity Agoda.com

Satisfaction Average

More about Wisconsin Dells

Wisconsin Deer Park, Wisconsin Dells, WIWisconsin Deer Park, Wisconsin Dells, WI

Travel Tips for Wisconsin Dells

Nostalgia, pop culture--and comfort food

by kahunaaccidentale about Denny's Diner

What an interesting mix of nostalgia (notice plenty of pop-culture allusions, especially a Grinch doll dolled up in sunglasses and Ray Nitschke's old #66 jersey and an oversized Tazmanian Devil seeming to "crash" through the ceiling, head-first) and "comfort food" as makes this eatery (which, BTW, should not be confused with the Denny's chain of restaurants; they have a warning to that effect as you enter) a worthwhile stop, if only for ... One especially-recommended favourite (according to a local taxicab company) is their Bone-In Ham Breakfast, complete with two eggs to order and choice of hash-browned or American-fry potatoes.

(Oh, yes--and toast.)

Also try their oversized cinnamon rolls; these are worth it, and then some.

Ziplining in the Dells

by LadyXoc

"Bigfoot Ziplines"

I visit the Wisconsin Dells frequently. My family stays at the Wilderness retreat in September every summer. This time I added ziplining to the list of activities that I participated in. I had a BLAST! I will add montage video so watch for it! Like most tourist hotspots there is an endless list of activities to try at the Dells. Waterparks, horseback riding, wax museum, amphibious duck rides, restaurants, go carts, .......
I must reccomend Bigfoot Ziplines... they were nice, had safe equipment, and provided an excellent and exciting adventure for a Sunday morning!

The Dells

by acemj

Is there a place from your childhood that seems bigger and brighter in your memory than it probably is in reality? For me, I have a feeling, the Wisconsin Dells is such a place. I imagine that going there today would not be quite the experience it was for me when I was a boy. I don't have any current information or advice on what to see and do while visiting, but I can say that if you have kids they'll love it!

I remember the natural beauty of the river and the rocky terrain. I remember the way the park used the natural landscape instead of creating something terribly unnatural. I remember playing miniature golf. I remember my parents getting very excited at one attraction which featured statues of characters from the Bible (they reminded me of the Pirates of the Carribean ride at Disneyland). I remember asking my mom many times after this trip, "when are we going back to The Dells?"

For more practical info: www.dells.com

Comments