4031 River Road, Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin, 53965, United States

Travelocity Hotels.com Tingo.com

Satisfaction Average

• Bunkys_Princess's Profile Photo

Condo are best

I am reading these reviews and I am seeing so many whiners.First off please remember you get what you pay for.You pay $45 a night you get an older hotel room, You pay $107 per night you get a 2 bedroom condo with 2 fireplaces, all stainless steel appliances and a 4 person Jacuzzi in your room.This place can be luxury or it can be low rate..that choice is YOURS, the staff have NEVER been rude to me ( I lived here for 4 months with my kids)And there is plenty to do.I wouldn't eat at the restaurants because they are a bit pricey and you have a full kitchen in your room,so thats a waste of money to me.The water parks cannot compare with Great Wolf and Kalahari,so don't expect it to.But for a great time, this place is OK in my book, wish we never moved out!

Unique Quality: Indoor /Outdoor water park
    In room 4 person Jacuzzi
    No need to go out doors getting from the condo's to the indoor waterpark
    Spa and massage

Directions: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Chula+vista+resort&ie=UTF-8&ei=7Vc7UcP_GsWa2AXq6YFY&ved=0CAsQ_AUoAg

• Fabulous condo

We stayed in a fabulous 2 bedroom condo with a full kitchen. It came FULLY stocked with everything I needed. I felt silly bringing a cooler of food until I saw many others doing the same thing. We had weather problems - a tornado warning which sent everyone to the tunnel, power outage for almost 12 hours, torrential downpours, barricaded streets due to flooding.

We were to receive "light housekeeping" every day but even though they were on our floor, we had to ask for garbage bags and towels 3 times before finally getting them on Sunday at 10:00 am - - this because they knocked on our door to see if we'd checked out yet and not because they were bringing them to us.

We did not get the full use of the facility but management gave everyone $100.00 gift certificates good for a future stay - valid for one year with 7/1-9/1 being blacked out. we will try it again and hope for better weather!

More about Chula Vista Resort

high energy, great music and reminences

We have gone to the Wisconsin Dells often but this time wanted to take in one of the summer evening activities and decided to see the Fabulous 50's show at the Chula Vista REsort. What a treat!!!!!High energy, great talent(locally grown)professional presentation,wonderful music and choreagraphy- a solid 2 hours of fun music. An awesome performance that I would recommend for any age-we certainly plan to go back again. We did an evening show but they also have dinner shows as well. Even kids would enjoy the fast pace, dance, costumes and energy. Great event!!

Not too bad!

We've been to the Chula Vista twice for business (overnight) and once for daytime fun. Both over nigth stays were very nice. Our rooms, in the south tower, were clean (surprising by the reviews here) and the customer service was great too. We didnt' stay in our rooms much because we had business functions to attend too, but we didn't have much trouble at all.This last time here we played at the indoor waterpark. The park is nice but the changing room/ bathroom is quite nasty. That needs to be refunished right away. The kids pools (on the other side of the slide) are nice for the youinin's but the water, I agree, is quite cold for us adults that have to keep an eye on them.
And the lifegaurd are crazy. Way too much whistle blowing and kicking kids out of the pool. God forbid they have fun!

Disgusting

It was disgusting. The room was nasty and had wallpaper peeling and black mold on the walls. We requested a different room and it was just as bad. I got sick from the mold. I reported them to the health department and they were being told they had to clean up the rooms. However, I will NEVER go back to find out if it is any better. The management was terrible. They really didn't care about the situation.

Do your homework! Spend more, get more.

The negative reviews got me thinking about whether I should stay here at the Chula Vista so I did a little homework.
I called them up a day before with my confirmation number and asked. Is the outdoor water park open this time of year? When is the earliest I can check in to your hotel? And finally, honestly, Is this room a room you would stay at if you were to come here with your family?
The front desk person said, with the number of people you have in your party, you would be better off with a junior suite, as opposed to the room with two doubles.

Because of the negative reviews and people saying they had to walk between buildings to get to things I asked if the room would be connected with the main building, she said yes. So I upgraded, $30 more a night was a little more than I wanted to spend but with the front desk's reassurance that it would be better, I did it.
When I got there I figured out what people meant by having to walk between buildings. As I understood it, the outdoor buildings of the Chula Vista looked like an older part of the hotel and therefore they would house the smaller rooms with A/C units in the windows and possible mold problems.
On the other hand, the majority of the rooms seemed to be in the main building's two towers.
That's where the suites and VIP rooms and everything but the two double bed rooms were located.
After spending an amazing Memorial Day Weekend at the Chula Vista it occured to me why there are so many negative comments about the Chula Vista.
They expect it to be something it's not. The Kalahari or Great Wolf Lodge. The good thing about the Chula Vista is the fact that the most people in line in front of me for each ride was no longer than two people. There was no wait for more than 30 seconds. There were no kids running amok or lifeguards blowing whistles like it was a New York city street. It was perfect. And it's just 4-5 miles away from downtown Wisconsin Dells.
So the Bottom line: People are just too cheap to spend a little more, and when they realize it's not what they wanted it to be then they rip on it on websites like this.
To those people I say, "It's not the Kalahari or the Great Wolf Lodge, what did you expect? It's the Chula Vista and it's a perfect place to go with just enough to do without having to fight the Kalahari and Great Wolf crowds."
If you do your homework and ask questions about where you're staying before you go, it makes for a better time for all.
It's much better than thinking you've made a mistake and trying to take your bad decision out on the hotel through this website.
Oh, and their Saturday night Crab leg Buffet is one so good that it rivals Las Vegas, and if you go, be sure to be seated in the section where Adrian (male) is serving, you'll have a great time.
So thank you, negative reviewers of TripAdvisor, you made me have one of the best family vacations I've had in years.

Feels like a cheap motel, stay away from there

The room smelled and was damp. It really was dissappointing. A door handle was broken off, one of the remote controls did not work... but mostly, the feeling that everyone in my family had about the room and the hotel was that it was a cheap, rundown place.

The only nice thing was the the 2 mile drive from Winsconsin Dells to the resort. Luckily, we were there for only 2 nights.

Beautiful Views and Wonderful Time at the Chula

We arrived at the Chula only planning on staying for 3 nights in the Wild Wild West fantasy suite. The boys fell in love with the covered wagon beds and I fell in love with the view of the Upper Dells. The weather was not the best, with most days reaching only 60 degrees (quite cool for July), but the indoor waterpark facilities allowed the boys to enjoy water activities.

After only one night we knew we wanted to stay longer. We added not one but two additional nights, the second in the Pirate themed room which was also very nice.

The staff was courteous and accomodating. The rooms were clean and stocked with more towels than we could ever use. The restaurants located in the resort were wonderful.

We cannot wait to visit again!

You Get what you Pay For!

by TripAdvisor Member Ts04935

We paid for the Pirate Captain's Cabin Fantasy Suite, and couldn't have been happier. It was clean, the beds were soft, with real Pillows! The indoor and outdoor waterparks were wonderul, with NO lines, and very reasonable life guards who didn't LEAN on the whistle, but made me feel very comfortable about the safety of my children. The oversized hot tub with the hot water waterfall was wonderful! Because of the refrigerator and microwave right in the room, we MORE than recouped the cost of the $227 a night hotel room, by stocking up on microwave foods and fresh fruit and saving ourselves the high cost of tourist-trap dining for every meal. I saw the little annex of the 'old' looking rooms, but just make sure you pay for a tower room. The walk through the Howler Bar to the pool was no big deal, it was always fairly empty and everyone else was trotting on through too!

We Will DEFINATELY stay at the Chula Vista again! (Although I still haven't seen the final bill at check-out, will just have to hope we were charge correctly for our in-room movies --$12.99 each for movies STILL in THEATERS! I can't even take my four to a matinee for twice that amount...much less enjoy it on a leather couch in front of the big screen television!) Pass on the free wagon ride though, it simply drives slowly down the same road you use to enter the resort....

Overall, if you are willing to pony up for a tower room, you will not be disappointed!

A great family Getaway!

I was so scared about staying at this place after reading all the reviews on this site, but man am I GLAD I DID NOT Listen to the negative ones!
This place was great! We stayed in the Junior Queen Suite in the main tower (ask to stay in the towers connected to the hotel) with 8 people (3 were little ones) and it couldn't have been lovelier. The service was great, the people were great, the waterparks were great. The ages of the kids that were in our group were 18, 14, 7, 3 and 1, and EVERYONE had a ball! For each night that you stay there you get 2 all day passes for their waterparks(a $20 value PER PERSON! And they give you as many as you need for your room!). So even though you can't check in until 4 PM, you can still
get there at 9 AM on the morning of your check in and spend the whole day at the waterpark until you can check in! Then on the day we checked out
(check out was 10:30) we still got to spend the whole day in the waterparks. If you shop around you can find coupons for here (I had a buy one night get one free coupon that I got from a dells coupon book), so it came out to only $90 per night! If you were to go to any other waterpark you would have to pay $28.99 per PERSON over age 2 for a one day pass! That would've came
out to $230 per day just for waterpark passes! And the indoor and outdoor waterparks here were great... no long lines! We went to Noah's Ark
last year, what a waste of money that was for us! It was miles between rides and the lines were horrid! At Chula Vista there were no lines and the rides were nice and close together. You could easily keep track off all of your kids. And with the convenience of the hotel being right by, we were able to take the little ones back to the hotel to nap, while the older ones stayed and played.

The savings alone were a great reason to stay there. We stayed there 2 nights and spent 3 FULL days at the waterparks. The waterparks alone
would've cost us a grand total of $840 for our entire group! And we just paid $199 and this included 2 nights in a Junior Suite! Plus.. if you
buy this "Chug Mug" that they offer for $10, you get all the pop and coffee refills you want for FREE FOREVER! You can bring the mug next year and
the year after, etc! And it's always free! We refilled that mug over 20 times at a normal cost of $2 per pop! So there's a savings of $30 for us
right there! Plus we get to use it next year as well.

I found the hotel to be beautiful and very clean. There's so much for the kids to do. It's a ways away from downtown (about 3 miles), but it was
nice to get away from the craziness and really relax. You can't go wrong here!
Definitely a GREAT place to bring your family for a getaway vacation!

Couldnt get out fast enough

i also read all the nightmare stories before we left to stay there, what was i thinking ? why did i think it was going to be any different? our bathroom reaked of urine, my girls wouldnt even use it. everything was damp and musty. RUNDOWN is how i would describe it. and as far as the great CRAB buffet, they show in the brochure and all through out the hotel these photos of CRAB ON DINNER PLATES, well someone should tell them the difference of snowcrab and KING CRAB, BIG disapointment!!! after i sat for 10 mins in the pool area i got on the phone and booked a REAL hotel. we were there 16 hrs too long. this is our 5th time at the dells, and the worst. we stayed july 3rd,04

chula Vista Resort

by moski

I have heard that Chula Vista offers an all inclusive package but I can not find any information about this. Can anyone help?

Thanks