Great Wolf Lodge Wisconsin Dells

1400 Great Wolf Drive, (formerly Black Wolf Lodge), Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin, 53965, United States

Great Wolf Lodge
Hotels.com Travelocity Expedia.com

• Best Value/Best Time for a Family

Were only supposed to stay three days and extended to six. Great room, great staff, great time -- and, all in the middle of a freak April snowstorm in WI. That says alot.

Unique Quality: Staff genuinely care about guests, accommodations excellent not so large as to be frustrating, but large enough to offer a great time for all ages.

• Great Wolf Lodge. Used to be...

Great Wolf Lodge. Used to be called Black Wolf Lodge.
    For a one night stay in 2-queen with a fold-out couch would cost about $179.00.

Unique Quality: There are stuffed forest animals in the lobby. Also, there are glass elevators that are really cool to ride in, unless you are afraid of heights. There is a gift shop off to the right of the lobby that has clothes, stuffed animals and other things. The water park is very fun.

• Kay_C's Profile Photo

Great Wolf Lodge

Anywhere between $150 - $300 depending on when you stay. Best rates are weekdays in the off-season.
    www.greatwolflodge.com - Their website is awesome!

Unique Quality: Rustic theme and with great indoor waterpark. Get a room with a fireplace - really nice.

More about Great Wolf Lodge Wisconsin Dells

The Great Wolf Lodge ROCKED!!!

We loved the Great Wolf Lodge! Everything from the waterparks, to Wiley's Woods, from the arcade to the clock in the lobby coming alive!
We stayed for two nights and were very impressed! We didn't have to leave the resort as there was so much to do there! Our boys loved it and now ask when we can go back. This is the time of year to go, as there are no crowds and prices are low! Two thumbs up on this one!

Loved the Great Wolf Lodge

My Family (husband and 2 kids, ages 17 and 12) just returned from a trip to the Great Wolf Lodge.We were pleasantly surprised. The Great Wolf Lodge was excellent. The staff was super nice and professional, the rooms were modern and up to date, the food was great. My family and I especiallyenjoyed Wiley Woods and the water park. My boysreally enjoyed the huge video arcade. Our onlycomplaint was that we didn't get to stay longer!!I would definitely stay there again and I would recommend it to anyone!

Great Wolf - Great Time!

Our family had a GREAT TIME at the GREAT WOLF!

Very family oriented, clean, package deals made it affordable. The pools, slides, water park made my husband and feel like kids again.
There was always something for "our" kids to do also!

Great time at the Great Wolf!!!

This place is awesome! My husband and I took our 18 month old and our neice and nephew ages 14 and 10. Everyone loved it. Very clean rooms,good resturant,great indoor and oudoor waterparks,something for all ages. My favorite was the spawhere my neice and me both had a 1 hour massageand 1 hour of hydrotherapy plus a salon wash and style.
What a experience!!Everyone at the resortwas friendly.All the kids enjoyed Wileys Woods.The outdoorsy feel to this resort is breathtaking!!We would definatly want to stay at the Great Wolf again-we didnt want our vacation to end.PERFECT!!

Great Wolf (DEC 02) vs Wilderness (Dec 01)

Our family has been partaking in a mini vacation getaway Sunday thru Tuesday the last couple of years in December. We did the Wilderness in DEC 2001 and loved the indoor area for the smaller children as well as the 2 large waterslides & lazy river. Only disapointment with the Wilderness was they shut down the indoor and outdoor hot tubs between 9 - 10 pm.

We stayed at the Great Wolf Lodge in December 2002 and were very happy with the room. The indoor water park was a slight disappointment after staying at the Wilderness the previous year. The biggest indoor waterslide did not compare to the Wilderness twin indoor waterslides.
It also was closed 50% of the time, something to do with lack of staffing. Also no hot tubs open after 10 PM.

We are looking forward to returning to the Wilderness this year especially with the indoor waterpark expansion and will definetly have to upgrade to a room with a whirlpool since everything shuts down by 10 PM.

Personal note, both establishments appeared to be operating with at least a 50% vacancy during the weekdays in December and I am really surprised they do not offer better pricing during weekdays to boost their occupancy. Good part was no waiting for the water rides at either of the resorts.

Rescued my Vacation

The customer service at Great Wolf Lodge is exceptional. Without getting into too much detail, they rescued my Dells vacation and did so with a smile. The rooms are clean and the lodge is filled with unexpected amenities.

If you want to be assured of not being swindled and having a good time in the Dells, this is the place. Note: we had more fun at the nice but smaller waterparks here than at the less nice but larger Noah's Ark waterpark.

loved it!!

by TripAdvisor Member KathyGlow

We have stayed at the Great Wolf Lodge 3 times over the last few years. The rooms are very nice & clean. The waterparks are very clean and lots of fun. The only problem we had this last time was that our room was supposed to be ready by 3:00 and we didn't get in until 4:00. Overall our stay was tons of fun. We have two kids ages 12 & 8 and they both love the waterslides & lazy river. The food in the restaurant was a little expensive but it was good.

shopping season?

by funtimes4me

Can anyone tell me when all the shops on broadway open up? I'm looking to head out there at the end of march and I really hope they will be open.

RE: shopping season?

by Fullmoonfever

Thats a tough question to answer because The Dells is not just one place/one park. Everything can or could be on a different schedule. I would think that at/or close to the end of April most things would be open.

Have you checked with the local chamber of commerce?

RE: RE: shopping season?

by Fullmoonfever

sorry, I meant March, not April.

I would think most places would have websites. So if you know exactly what shops you want to go innto check for a website.

Re: shopping season?

by kahunaaccidentale

Tanger Outlets has one of their newest such in Lake Delton, over by Great Wolf Lodge and the Kalahari resorts. They're open year-round, and have some of the biggest names in outlet shopping available.

Do check them out when you have the opportunity.

Comments