Wisconsin Dells Hotels

Our Members Say

• kahunaaccidentale profile photo kahunaaccidentale
  • Reviews: 23

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

4 Seasons Motel: A blessing in disguise for the value-minded

Having decided to go for something new in the lodgings department on my annual vacation to Wisconsin Dells, I decided to try this modest little number on "The Strip" just steps from Noah's Ark, the Tommy Bartlett complex and most of the other distractions thereon.

And even if I wound up getting a king bed in my room, I admit that it was rather satisfactory considering.

The properitress, Polish accent and all, was one to acknowledge where she's struggling to stay afloat like pretty much everybody else in the accomodations game in Wisconsin Dells; what's more, she's quick to offer recommendations about dining (Mr. Pancake and IHOP for breakfast in particular) and shopping. That, and willing to accept leftover slices of pizza for a late dinner.

Plenty I can think of, among them:

*Mini-fridge and microwave in rooms (perfect for such needing to stretch the travel budget with sandwiches or microwave meals).

*Seventh night free when you pay for six (amazing value you don't see @ too many motels in the Waterpark Capital these days).

*Hydro spa and indoor swimming pool providing what could best be called a poor man's spa experience in Wisconsin Dells (they also have an outdoor pool and picnic area).

*Free local phone calls.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Road Trip, Family Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written July 17, 2009

• Paulsm profile photo Paulsm
  • Reviews: 1

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Best Western Portage: Staying away from the Dells

Standard Best Western Hotel. Absolutely fine - room was spacious. Breakfast (a recurring theme in my pages on USA hotels) could do with being a little more than the standard doughnuts. Worth considering if prices in the Dells are high or a two night stay is required, especially during high season.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written August 26, 2003

• akwindsong profile photo akwindsong
  • Reviews: 12
Sandman Inn: Only If You're Desperate

Last year we had planned on going to the Dells with some friends, but something else came up...at the last minute the appointment was cancelled so we decided to meet our friends anyway. We had cancelled our original hotel reservation and Sandman Inn was the only place that didn't require a 2 night minimum stay. We walked to our room and there was no chain/lock on the door (there was only a lock on the doorknob), no eyehole, the air conditioning hardly blew any cold air, and there was no phone. (We wedged the chair against the door for a lock.)

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average