The Polynesian Resort Hotel

Expedia.com Booking.com Tingo.com

Satisfaction Poor

More about The Polynesian Resort Hotel

Dirty and Deteriorated

Everything was dirty and deterirated. Everything in the room looked so old.....The water park was no better. The equipment was old and everything looked like it needed to be painted and cleaned. The staff were mosly rude high school kids. Noone was friendly. I woul never go back.

Enjoyed our stay

We stayed midweek in May. It was pretty empty. We had a deluxe suite with a balcony off the bedroom. We were pretty happy with it. Our room was clean, had no problems with that at all. Front desk answered all our questions promptly. We were unable to use the only portion of the indoor waterpark I wanted to use because they did not have enough lifeguards, was not too happy when I was told "maybe later" Overall, decent hotel, we are going back next year.

Loved the Polynesian

by TripAdvisor Member cindybell

We had a great time at the Polynesian! The rooms were clean and modern. Lots of different pools
for the kids. I would say, 12 and under. I did'nt see
teens. Friendly staff and a great poolside bar and grill. There are 4 large water slides and 2 lazy
rivers also. The prices were great too. The rooms
also had private balconies.

Had a Great time

We went to the Dells over the 4th of July weekend.
It poured rain. Thankfully, they had an indoor water-park also. We have two children that are 9 and 11. They both had a great time! The Waterparks were clean and well staffed, not overwhelming and we felt safe and secure. Our room was small and a little outdated, But it was clean. The beds were very comfortable.We went for the kids to play in a nice waterpark, and to have fun, and we did.

We Love The Polynesian!

This is the second year my family has stayed at the Polynesian. My children, ages 8 and 11 just love it there. We just got back from a 4 night stay and had a great time. My girls love the big outdoor slide and the lazy river. My husband loves shooting hoops in both the outdoor and indoor pools. I like that there are several hot tubs to pick from. It's never very crowded since the waterpark can only be used by hotel guests, unlike Noah's Ark. Granted, it's not big like Noah's Ark, but on the flip side, you have instant pools and waterslides whenever you want them just outside of your door. They play great music while swimming outside. We like to order fruity drinks and eat french fries while lounging around the tropical environment. My kids also really enjoy playing games in the arcade.
The only negative things I can think of is that it is that the maid service was slow in getting our room cleaned and it IS a bit pricey. But it was worth it and we will definitely keep coming back.

Great Time!!!

Our grandchildren had a great time in all of the pools at the Polynesian Hotel and Resort. The outdoor surroundings are so pretty, and there is plenty of seating in the shade as well as sun. The food at the grill was good, and we enjoyed the music played throughout the day. The family suite was very comfortable for our needs. I would highly recommend it to families who have children; especially, those who have 12 year olds and younger. Lifeguards are on duty at all pools that are deep. The staff was friendly and helpful. We were very pleased with our vacation there.

waste of money

Our room was dirty and we could smell it before we opened the door. The room was not supplied with the basics such as toilet tissue and enough towels.

We asked for more pillows and they brought them, but took them away the next day. It was noisy even at the hotel part, not the resort. (which was noisy and loud music playing from early till late).

Some of the pools at the water park were so dark that I wondered if they were ever cleaned. They so called have cable TV, but there was only about 10 channels and that was it.

But we did managed to to have a decent time with our granddaughter in spite of the place. But I would never go back there and would not recommend it to anyone that may be interested. For 160.oo a night you would think that they would at least clean just a little.

Polynesian...waste of money

All I can say is that this place is a waste of money. I've been to many vacation resorts, but this is the worst. Try the Wilderness or another water resort at the Dells. Good Luck.

Budget hotel a good risk at Polynesian

We wanted to play at the Polynesian Resort, but the rates were high. We booked a room for 7 at the Polynesian Isle for 3 nights, the budget hotel next door. We saved $100 per night, and it was very convenient just to walk across the parking lot. Our room was spacious, with a huge bath. The only difference I really found was that they didn't give us shampoo, lotion, etc. We had indoor & outdoor pools, laundry, arcade, etc at our budget hotel, with the shops, food, etc at the big one. The water activities were great for our 4 kids age 7 and under, both indoor and out. Lots of activities and character, but not overwhelmingly huge. Worth the money and time! We then moved to Treasure Island (main hotel). The budget hotel there was not convenient, in that you had to walk along a busy street. Indoor Bay of Dreams was great, but outdoor water park didn't offer much in personality. And their atitude was not very trusting of their guests.

love it

i love it
we were at polynesian 13 of july for 4 days we just want to came back any time
my son( 4 )is asking me every day can we go again?

Perfect place