511 East Adams Street, Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin, 53965, United States

• All In One Resort

We decided to getaway to the Dells for a weekend and check out the fall colors. We wanted to go to an indoor waterpark resort and a friend said they had been at the Wilderness Resort the previous weekend. So we checked it out. We had a great time! The rooms were your typical hotel room, with a balcony. But the waterpark was wonderful!

Unique Quality: There are two indoor water slides, a lazy river, a basketball pool (you can go indoor or out), and a spa (indoor/outdoor). You use a single or double raft for the water slides and the lazy river. (Riding double down the slides go a lot faster...at least for us.) There also is a golf course and outdoor water slides/pools. There are a bunch of lifeguards located throughout the waterpark. Everyone at the resort was very accommodating. They will be building another indoor waterpark for spring 2003 which will be really nice. There are also two arcades. They are also building a spa (not connected to the resort) which is suppose to open in spring 2003.

More about Wilderness Resort

Rude and unfriendly golf pro shop.

Bad experience with the Wilderness Golf Course front desk people.
Couple of them were combative and absolutely rude when asked to exchange an outerwear I had purchased, I was profusedly denied for an exchange (for a different size). Was accused of soiling it, even though I only had it on for only thirty mins at the practice green. I said "It's an XXL, and it's not going to do me any good". And one of them responded, "Well it's not going to do us any good either, you wore it, and we can't resell it". Calls to the Director of the golf course were not returned, and when I finally got hold of him, he reluctantly exchanged it. No apologies or anything.

Loved the wilderness

I think the Wilderness was absolutely beautiful. The place was just spectacular. The room had wonderful tall ceilings, a wonderful pool, and a wonderful waterpark. The Wilderness was by far the best hotel in The Dells.

Wilderness Resort...true vacation

This was the best vacation I have had as a parent. My children are 11 and 13 and this is the first vacation that I felt rested when I returned. The kids were able to safely explore the resort while my husband and I could catch some time alone in the pool. It was not overly crowded and the kids seemed to be dispersed throughou the resort as not to be annoying. We could go to our room and have snacks and then return within moments to a wide spectrum of indoor and outdoor slides and water entertainment. A great short vacation and we will return next summer.

We had a great time at the Wilderness

We have 3 children, ages 2, 4 and 5. We went with some other families who had some experience at the resort, so knew to bring food to save money. Our one mistake was not bringing life vests for our kids who do not know how to swim. We fixed that the first day there and were able to enjoy the park much more after that. There were numerous things our children could do in the waterparks as well as the play area they have.
They also had a fun shop where the kids could paint a ceramic piece of their choice. There is also a nanny service if you would like to do some things without the kids. (We didn't do that, but liked having it available to us).

While the prices were high for the food at the resort and everything seemed to cost some money, we felt that is what to expect at a resort.
We were also happy to see that some of the food available was healthy such as fresh fruit, salads and grilled chicken sandwiches. We hope to go again in a couple of years after some of our kids have learned how to swim.

great fun, lots to do

We go to the Wilderness twice a year, usaully in fall and winter months since the rates are so much cheaper. Everything indoors there is great fun for all ages. Variety of indoor waterparks that they keep adding on to. A huge dry playhouse where you can climb and go through obstacles and down slides with your kids. Foam balls that shoot out of a cannon that you can aim at eachother for a foam ball fight. Restaurant and bars, gamerooms. Motherlode resaurant leaves much to be desired, however. Poor quality food all around, and poor service there.
Breakfast there is passable. You're better off bringing in your own food or going out, or eating at the pools. The new sportsbar may have good food, have not been there yet. Everything else there has always been wonderful. However, with constant adding on to the place, expcect rates to keep going up. Look for internet specials and you can usually make out pretty well. Tried to book a room this week figuring many schools are starting up, but the rates were still extremely high.
Outdoor parks are great, but you can have just as much fun without leaving the place in the fall and winter times.

Wilderness Is Awesome!

We just got back from the Wilderness today. Our poolside room had the screen partially ripped from the frame when we walked in. We called the front desk and there was a maintainence man there within ten minutes. He looked at the screen and repaired it with in fifteen minutes after going to get the tools he needed. Our room was fresh and clean. There was so much to do for my two sons (ages 6 & 8). We did nothing else at the Dells besides stay at the resort for three days, two nights. At night, after the pool closed, the staff would go around the outside waterpark (our room looked down on) and straighten all the chairs and pick up any garbage or left behind items so it was very clean and orderly for the next day. Also, when I made reservations they upgraded my parking lot view room to a poolside view room for the same price-we'll be back next year!!

Lots of Fun at the Wilderness!

by TripAdvisor Member YippeeVacation!

We have stayed at the Wilderness several times and have enjoyed it each time. The outside waterpark is enormous. It seems to go on and on!
There are two major indoor waterparks with lots of fun attractions in each one. The only drawback is that they are not even close to each other so it is a loooonnnnggg walk to play at each one. The hotel offers fun activities such as duck races, scavenger hunts, etc. There are several restaurants on their grounds and a shuttle bus is quickly available to take you around. The Wilderness is one of the best places to stay in the Dells.

ok for families with older kids

Our family has 4 young children and we found the wilderness dangerous.
The look was appealing but putting the young ones on the smaller slides and walking around to catch them it was a solid wall and we couldn't see the kids. It was very crowded and we lost one of our children for about 20 min. We will not stay again for at least 10 years if ever.

Resort guest's only?

Stayed at the wilderness in early August Had a Great time. 2 adults, 1- 8 year old, 1- 11year old. All had a great time. Only thing I dont like is that we were told that only wilderness guest can use the water parks. Well I found this not true, if you go to dellsparkmotel you will see that people from the park motel which is much cheaper can also use the water parks with up to 4 wristbands. Sounds like false advertising to me from the Wilderness.

Comments