60 Gasser Rd., PO Box 296, Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin, 53940, United States

Wintergreen Resort & Conference Center
Booking.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Average

• Worst Stay in my entire life

This was the most horrible hotel I have ever been to. When we got to the Wintergreen hotel we were not pleased. The room had a terrible odor that was musty and mildew. We opened the refridgerator and found six in . of frost. There was food smeared on the outside of the microwave and the beds were hard. Whenever we went in and out of our room we had to walk under the sprinklers and get soaked. The staff was not very friendly at all. We checked out the very next day and went to a nicer hotel. The reciept we were given was not at all professional. There was no letterhead or date. When we called the hotel said that they had no record of use checking out early. I will NEVER go there again.

Unique Quality: The pool area was very faded. There was a bar area in the pool with small children. As for great views, we got a view of the parking lot. It was horrible.

Directions: I would never give directions to anyone for this horrid place. However it is near the Great Wolf Lodge in WI Dells.

More about Wintergreen Resort and Conference Center

misleading

Dirty dishes in are room when we arrived, and still after 3 days when we left. Our room heater didn't work well. A lot of the activities were closed. And the Kids Club was a bag with expired coupons and a cup (not much more then you get with fast food).

Are we writing about the same Wintergreen!?!?!?!

BECAUSE I honestly cannot believe some of these negative reviews!!! My family and I have been coming here for YEARS and have stayed at this WONDERFUL hotel almost a dozen times already and IT IS WONDERFUL!!! WE CAN'T WAIT TO RETURN!! The staff has ALWAYS been kind and warm and friendly to us! In fact, they ALWAYS went out of their way to make sure our stay was perfect! We usually stay 8 to 10 days at a time!! The restaurant has great food..especially the breakfasts and the mangers of the hotel AND of the restaurant are FIRST CLASS!!!! We have a special needs child and they ALWAYS ACCOMMADATED our requests! We LOVE the IDEAL location of the resort, wonderful pools, and we appreciate the FRIENDLY, KNOWLEDGEABLE and EXPERIENCED FIRST CLASS staff! (Especially Diane + Anna!!!!) When we stay here, we feel like we are at HOME! The price is AFFORDABLE and the hotel is COMFORTABLE! In my opinion, if you want to RELAX, ENJOY, and GET YOUR MONEYS WORTH, the ONLY place in the Dells IS the WINTERGREEN!!!

Would not go back

The staff was helpful. The inside pools were dirty. The baby pool was closed during our entire stay. The pools outside were cold. The hotel was not very clean or well kept. I would not go back to the Wintergreen. Next year I,ll do more research before I book a hotel.

Great Great Great

I came from California to experience something new in the dells. I found this cute hotel on my way and i decided to stop by to see if they had rooms for that night. They made me feel like at home since the moment i open the main door. The hotel is great, clean and the staff id very very nice. I was just gonna stay for one night \\ but i ended up staying the full week cuz it was really amazing... Besides, the prices r very very reasonable. I can highly recomended to you
Luis

Not a great experience

Vacationed the last weekend in July. Not a good place for kids if they are having a function in the banquet room that's next to some of the rooms. My family and I arrived during the late evening hours and my kids witnessed several intoxicated people and their beverage cups sitting on the ground around the banquet room. The police had to be called out for a disturbance. We needed a nonsmoking room but had booked a smoking room for 1 night and the smoke was so thick in the hallway and bedroom that we all began to sneeze. The rooms were not as clean as I would have liked for what I was paying. I immediately checked out and found another hotel. However, the pools looked fine but I did not want my family around that environment. The person at the front desk understood why we were checking out. I just beleived we arrived at the wrong time on the wrong day but first impressions are lasting ones and I would not go back there.

Stay away from this place.....

I was shocked when I just read some of the good reviews of this hotel. We only stayed one night and couldn't wait to leave. Before I go any further, let me steer you in the right direction. Spend the same amount and go the the Raintree Resort - we stayed there for the majority of our trip. It was fantastic. Read the reviews. Back to the Wintergreen...our room was filthy. There were two areas with smashed food in the carpet, whole cashews by the bed and some smashed into the carpet. There was a bunch of marshmallows by the other bed. A towel hanging in the bathroom had what appeared to be a woman's make-up on it. It was a big spot that couldn't be missed, just like the food on the floor. The full length mirror looked like a toddler had been wiping their peanut butter and jelly fingers all over it. Disgusting. The headboard on one bed had a huge greasy area, as if someone had been leaning their head back with greasy hair. The inside kids pool looked like the water was dirty and our 3-year-old got a few cuts and scratches somehow after being in there. Do not waste your money at this place. If you look at any pictures, do not believe those pictures. I don't know what kind of camera they used, but the pools are not as big as they would like you to believe.

not great

I went to the Wintergreen resort with a large group for a conference. We were not impressed with the restaurant because the poor young girl who was our waitress was obviously not trained properly. She played with her hair, set our dirty dishes on another party's table as she spoke to them. She took off her shoe in my view and adjusted her sock by the toe in plain view of our table. She accidentally poked her finger in my friends' tarter sauce and aked if it was ok because she 'just washed her hands". My friends' fish was undercooked.
The sheets on one of our beds was full of 'body hair' (not just 1 or 2). When we called, the staff came down and changed the sheets probably within 5 minutes- so that was forgiveable, I understand things like that happen.
We stayed over for 2 nights. When I got home, I went to bed that evening only to wake up to diarrhea and vomiting for about 10 hours. Come to find out, my friend also got sick, as well as 10 others (for sure) possibly more from our group. Our group did report this to the management, so hopefully they have resolved the problem whatever it was.

i am very suprised

i am suprised at the terrible reviews about wintergreen resort and restaurant.we visited the hotel in april. we have the best time ever.our stay was fantastic. we dining at wintergrille restaurant. for 3 days.breakfas,dinner. every item from soup to dessert was wonderful.restaurant wine and martini list just perfect to all custumers. we loved walley pike and ribs,and bqq salmon.our stay at wintergreen resort was fantastic. hotel is very clean,have perfect bar and restaurant.wintergreen staff very friendly and ready to help any time .i was nervous to go to winergreen hotel, because of all the negative reviews,but we loved -everything. we gona stay her again at june with 5 friends.

Not impressive, but a decent value

by TripAdvisor Member RogerMKE

We spent a weekend here because we attended a wedding, and the reception was held at the hotel. The price was right -- we received a special rate of $89 per night because of the wedding.

To be sure, things started off on the wrong foot. There were several receptions going on at the same time, and it took forever to get an elevator. When we (eventually) got to our room, we found that it hadn't been cleaned from the previous guests.

We schlepped our luggage back down to the front desk, and was told that all they had was a king room (there were 3 of us) and we would have to wait for housekeeping. Eventually, they somehow came up with another room.

When we got to the room, it was like a sauna, but at least it was clean -- or so we thought. We found that the patio was covered in cigaratte butts from a previous guest.

The rooms were noisy. The first night, when we went to bed you could hear a steady "thump" from the music at one of the receptions. The next morning we could hear (quite loudly) the shower running in the next room.

On the second day, when we returned from activities in the Dells, we were locked out of our room. The front desk gave us new keys, and told us that sometimes they lock out the rooms at noon for security purposes, which made no sense to me at all.

The price was really all that made this stay OK. If you can get a good rate, and are willing to put up with some problems, this might be a decent deal for the value conscious vacationer.

Comments