100 Buffalo Drive, Chugwater, WY, 82210

Satisfaction Average

More about Chugwater

Collectors Items?Collectors Items?

As Busy As It Gets?As Busy As It Gets?

Buffalo Grill and Super8 MotelBuffalo Grill and Super8 Motel

Travel Tips for Chugwater

At Least It's There!

by johngayton

"Gas, Lunch and Restrooms"

I was quite surprised to find Chugwater with a listing here on VT, given that all it seems to be is a Super8 Motel with a Diner attached and a gas station. Perhaps I missed something?

Having said that, it was certainly a more than welcome find as a break from the visual monotony of the Interstate 25 going North through Eastern Wyoming, roughly half-way between Cheyenne and Wheatland.

As with crossing The Sahara (I presume seeing as that is something I haven't done) any oasis is a good oasis and such is the case here. In fact I'm so grateful of this little find I am going to tip it twice.

Chugwhat? Chugwho?...Chugwater!

by BorderHopper

"Reflections on Chugwater"

I'm not sure what I recall from my time passing through Chugwater, Wyoming. What I do know is that despite not remembering much about the town itself I do often think back to my realization that this town sure had a peculiar name. I was with a caravan, was about 13 years old, heading from Los Angeles to South Dakota when we passed through Chugwater. I think the town was somewhere between Cheyenne & Fort Laramie and for some reason I remember one lone bar on the highway through Chugwater.

Comments