Irma Hotel

Buffalo Bill's Irma Hotel
Orbitz.com Travelocity Booking.com

Satisfaction Average

• AngelaO2's Profile Photo

If you don't want to feel safe and secure......

While on vacation my three friends and I stayed at the Erma. We enjoyed the bar and bid everyone good night, only to have people knock on our door several times. We did not give out our room number and we were not followed to our room. Someone at the hotel gave out our room number! When we called the front desk to complain, there was no real response. I was asked what I wanted him to do. The next morning we told the owner what had occurred and he DID NOT care. This was not a safe place for four women. We promptly packed and left in the morning. Breakfast at Grannies was great! The Irma has lost out on any repeat business from my group as well as meals and drinks. If you want a SAFE place to stay, it is not the Irma!

Unique Quality: Horrible, uncaring staff and management

• AngelaO2's Profile Photo

If you don't want to feel safe and secure......

Unique Quality: Horrible, uncaring staff and management

• Horrible Horrible Horrible

They owe us $107.00. The fact that all of Cody sells out most every night does not make it right to conduct business the way Irma does. A girl that runs the counter is the only exception--very sweet and helpful---management---needs some lessons. The hotel down the street where we moved to-- Wonderful!!! Lessons learned and many people told about this experience!!!! They hide behind the historic idea to be jerks!

Unique Quality: Best part of the place----the door that leads out!!! I witnessed many disgruntled guests as I was waiting to check out cancelling my reservations

• HIGH RATES & DOES NOT HONOR RESERVATIONS

Good Points: Historical Hotel...Rooms wonderfully furnished in period decor... very clean...very comfy.....good food....good restraunt service....great location

BAD, BAD,BAD POINTS. DOES NOT HONOR RESERVATIONS!!!!!
    ....Made reservations in January of 2009 for 3 rooms for August 29, 2009 (cost was $157 per room, NOT the $40 - $80 listed on website)......called and confirmed reservations on August 20th..........arrived August 29 around 3:30pm.....was told that the people that were in the rooms we had reserved had decided to stay another night and they had no other rooms available...........we threw a fit..........they FINALLY agreed to put us up in another hotel and they would pick up the tab.........we talked with 2 other couples that night and the very same thing had happened to them but since they did not complain, their rooms were not comped. BAD BAD BAD WILL NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN NOT WILL I RECOMMEND THIS TO ANYONE

Unique Quality: Rooms furnished in historic period decor....very nice and comfy

DOES NOT HONOR RESERVATIONS

Lots of historical memorabilia scattered around hotel AND it's reported to be haunted,,,

DOES NOT HONOR RESERVATIONS

Directions: Middle of downtown,,,,,great location,,,,,,,,has historic Wild Bill Cody shootout right there in the street beside the hotel

• toonsarah's Profile Photo

A Wild West welcome

This is a great little old-fashioned hotel right in the center of Cody – to my mind far better than staying in the ubiquitous and anonymous chain motels on the outskirts of town (although in other towns they have their uses of course).

The Irma was founded by Buffalo Bill in 1902 and named after his daughter. He called it "just the sweetest hotel that ever was" and maintained two suites and an office at the hotel for his personal use. The Irma’s famous cherrywood bar dates to the period of construction and is one of the most photographed features in Cody.

You can stay in renovated historic or non-historic rooms. All have modern bathrooms and air conditioning.

Unique Quality: All the historic rooms are named after people who used to stay at the hotel. Ours was the Ned Frost room but I haven’t been able to find out anything about him to date (anyone out there recognise the name?) And despite what it says on the website about room rates, we didn't pay any extra for this room, perhaps because it was late in the season - so it's worth asking when you book.

The room had loads of character, as did the bathroom (see the second photo, complete with a bathing Chris!) But all the necessary mod cons were there too, including a TV and hairdryer). Breakfast in the dining room with the famous cherrywood bar added to the experience of our stay here.

More about Irma Hotel

The Irma Hotel. Updated...

by WILDEFLOWER

The Irma Hotel. Updated picture. Many of the rooms look pretty much the same as when it opened. With a few major updates. Everyone has their own bathroom now! Real electric too. Air conditioning and heat.

motels/hotel/B & B

by KimberlyAnn

We have a large variety of motels ranging from small family ones to chains such as Americinn, Best Western, Days Inn, Holiday Inn, Kelly Inn, etc. The best list of places to stay can be found at this Chamber of Commerce’s link. Here you can click on the type of accommodation you are interested in for a list of places, with their web addresses and maps to show their location. The Commerce does not list any accommodations that are in poor condition or unclean. Click the following link for the Commerce listings: www.codychamber.org/visit-cody

The Irma Hotel, the historic hotel built by Buffalo Bill and named for his daughter offers period decorated rooms. This hotel is located at 1192 Sheridan Avenue, phone number 307-587-4221. For more information on the Irma Hotel visit www.irmahotel.com

The Lockhart Inn (listed below) was previously for sale and closed for a few years. I have not heard anything about how the new owners are doing, or how well kept up the business is. I will try to upday this tip in the future.

Interested in ghosts? The Lockhart Inn, is a bed and breakfast located at 109 W. Yellowstone Ave., along the highway that leads out of town toward Yellowstone National Park. As a warning, the Lockhart Inn, once the home of Caroline Lockhart (1870-1962) is reported to be haunted. The proprietress suspects that Caroline and her lover, Vence Spencer, haunt her bed and breakfast. Guests at the inn have reported their toiletries relocate behind their bathroom doors, water being turned on in their room, and towels placed on the toilet seats or sinks during the night. Other events are the sound of swishing petticoats, the sound of clinking glasses in the parlor, noises from the third floor, and the smell of sweet lilacs. Cindy Kramer states that she has seen both Caroline and Vance, he a slender tall man, and she a stocky woman wearing a blue dress, hair up, as well as tiny spectacles. Guests have also reported seeing them when they were the only guests in the inn.

Irma Hotel, Cody WYIrma Hotel, Cody WY

Irma HotelIrma Hotel

Main Doorway to the Irma HotelMain Doorway to the Irma Hotel

The Irma Hotel in downtown CodyThe Irma Hotel in downtown Cody

Cody Wyoming

by Gypsytraveler

I am looking for a reasonable hotel, or motel in Cody for early August.
Any suggestions?

by YVRDave

They have Super 8 EconoLodge Comfort Inn Holiday Inn Best Western. Take your pick

by uk2usa

It depends upon what you mean by reasonable. We've stayed at the Big Bear Motel which is on the western end of town near the Rodeo grounds. Clean cheap and basic.

We've also stayed at one of the two best westerns at the west end of the main street near the Buffalow Bill Historical Centre. A little better then the above but quite a bit more expensive.

The prime spot in Cody is the Irma hotel (named after Buffalo Bills daughter) slap bang in the middle of main street. The buffet is very good but I've never stayed there.

Hope this helps some.

UK

by KimberlyAnn

We have a large variety of motels ranging from small family ones to chains such as Americinn, Best Western, Days Inn, Holiday Inn, Kelly Inn, etc. The Irma Hotel, the historic hotel built by Buffalo Bill and named for his daughter offers period decorated rooms. (For more information on the Irma Hotel visit www.irmahotel.com) I believe the Irma may be a bit expensive, however. Since I live in Cody I have not actually stayed in any of these. If you haven't made reservations yet you might want to check out the Camber of Commerce's web for some suggestions. Although they don't have prices listed they have a number of places to choose from with addresses and phone numbers. Go to "Codychamber.org" and click "Visiting Cody" from the menu. You will see a bar that runs across the page near the top. Click "Places to Stay."

Comments