3200 West Mccollister Drive, Teton Village, Wyoming, 83025, United States

More about Jackson

Tables Inside the Cadillac GrilleTables Inside the Cadillac Grille

Airplane Flying Toward Jackson AirportAirplane Flying Toward Jackson Airport

National Museum of Wildlife Lobby AreaNational Museum of Wildlife Lobby Area

D gets out of uniform & into her street clothesD gets out of uniform & into her street clothes

Scenic River Float suggestions

by malloyhay

HI,
We will be spending time in Jackson at the end of July 2010. We are looking to do the Snake River Floats. Not the whitewater, but the scenic float. There seems to be so many companies that offer the trip. We are family of 4- two tween kids.
Any suggestions would be helpful!

Re: Scenic River Float suggestions

by malloyhay

I went to other sites for suggestions, since none were posted here! However, I will answer my own question…. We did the Triangle X Snake River float. It was amazing! There were so many overwhelming choices. We wanted to do float in the Grand Teton National Park . Triangle X was a highlight of our trip. We made the right decision with Triangle X. Our guide was extremely knowledgeable. The wildlife was great and the views of the Tetons were amazing! The float down the Snake River was definitely a trip highlight for my whole family. If you are trying to select a company for a float trip, stop looking and book with Triangle X!

Travel Tips for Jackson

For More Information on Jackson

by KimberlyAnn

My favorite place for information about Jackson, and the area surrounding the town, including the national parks is the Jackson Hole Chamber of Commerce. Plan to stop in at the chamber, located at 990 W. Broadway. Here you can pick up pamphlets containing information on almost every topic you need to know about, or get help from the friendly staff. Their web page, http://www.jacksonholechamber.com is packed with information to help you plan your trip.

If you have been to Jackson, or are planning a trip to Jackson, you may enjoy checking out the local newspaper, Jackson Hole Daily, at http://www.jhnewsandguide.com My favorite activity in Jackson is visiting the wonderful National Museum of Wildlife Art. It is Grand Teton National Park, however, that draws me each time to the Jackson Hole Valley. I am always awed by their stunning beauty, especially after an early fall mountain snow paints the peaks white.

Don't screw around when...

by Yubert

Don't screw around when snowmobiling because if you get your snowmolbile stuck like I did (3 times), your guide might swap out your spark plug with a dud to limit your speed. It happened to me and I couldn't go faster than 35 mph!

The last straw for my guide was when I jammed the throttle to fly up an embankment. I went airborne in one direction while the snowmobile flew across in the other direction, getting wedged into a snow bank across the raod. It was after this that my spark plug was switched on me!!.

White Water Rafting

by where2next

White Water rafting on Snake River. It was pretty cool, especially when the raft went through some rapids and when we did a 360. One will get wet in every seat, though sit up front to really get into it. There are a couple outfitters. I went to Mad River and things turned out fine.

Huckleberry Hot Springs

by Rickman77

These are a local favorite.
Natural hotsprings, no fees, no concrete, just you and nature.
There are many pools which lead into a creek. The pools are much too hot during the summer but can be enjoyed in the winter.

There is a guardian of the hotsprings...which happens to be a bison. Don't bother him and he won't bother you.

The springs are accessible by a 1 mile hike/snowshoe/ski. Usually there is a boot pack so hiking is possible. If there is a lot of fresh snow you will probably want snowshoes or cross country skis however.
The trail starts in a parking lot and is marked, but not extremely well.

The trail starts at the Flagg Ranch parking lot which is in between Grand Teton National Park and Yellowstone National Park.

You will have to drive through one of the parks to get to Flagg Ranch. You can ask one of the park rangers at the gate for maps and directions. There are also maps in the Flagg Ranch parking lot, though the tourist facilities at Flagg Ranch are closed during the winter time.

Gourmet pizza for all!

by Yucky about Mountain High Pizza Pie

This place was the coolest. All the yummy gourmet pizza options such as whole wheat crust, corn topping, etc etc while still serving the old standbys for the classic pizza lover. This pizza was so good, we got some to go to eat on our plane trip home and were almost killed by the jealous angry stares of our seatmates. They also serve salads, local micro brews, etc in a very laid back, hippy type atmosphere. Whole wheat pizza! Yummy@

Comments