Jackson Hotels

Our Members Say

• Tom_In_Madison profile photo Tom_In_Madison
  • Reviews: 335

Hostel X, or The Hostel: Good location for skiing

In Teton Park, 8 miles from Jackson. Right down street from Teton Park.
$43/nite in shoulder season for own bedroom w/bath. No tv. Access to fridge and game room and other things I didn't check out. Next to Mangy Moose. At foot of snowhill.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Written June 1, 2010

• PALLINA profile photo PALLINA
  • Reviews: 447

The Point Inn and Suites: not so central but

This is a good place where to stay one night before going to the parks. Simple, relative cheap (Jackson is very expensive), not far from downtown and breakfast service starting from 6.30 am. For a longer stay I would raccomend something else (see my other hotel tip).

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Mountain Climbing, Hiking and Walking
  • Written June 20, 2009

• kokoryko profile photo kokoryko
  • Reviews: 1779

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Woods Hotel: Charming people at the Woods hotel

Late at night, after a dinner with Dave (learn to know him in my Wind River page) at the Snake River Brewery, following our drive from the South, I walked in Jackson in search of a shelter for the night; A pink and green neon light above a small brick and wood house displayed: Woods, vacancy. I was certainly exhausted, dirty, having a “wild” appearance, still wearing my hiking boots, but I was warmly welcomed (as a customer of course, firstly, but also as a guest, a person who was in need of a shower, a bed, a few words of compassion. . . . . haha).
-At what time is breakfast?
-We do not make breakfast answered Harko, the Armenian owner of the hotel, but let me know when you are there tomorrow, we will have a tea together.
Next morning, I did not want to disturb him and had a breakfast outside, but when I came back he took me in his private dining room where another (French style) breakfast prepared by Barbara, his wife was waiting for us: real French bread, tea, coffee, butter, cheese, jam. . . We all three had a long chat about whatever conversation subjects and of course, Charles Aznavour, the famous French singer of Armenian origin. Very kind persons. . .
The rooms (I stayed a second time there, a few days later, that is why the “s” at rooms) are rather small, as are the bathrooms, but they fitted widely my needs. I slept very well in this quiet place.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Arts and Culture
  • Written November 25, 2007

At the entrance; One month before Halloween

• filipdebont profile photo filipdebont
  • Reviews: 2829

Snake River Park KOA: Camping near Jackson

In fact this campground is located about 12 miles from Jackson, near Hobart Junction.

The tent site was not very big, but whatever it was only for one night.

From where my tent was I could see Snake River, it passed just next to the campground, so a good opportunity for the fishers and for children to play nears the river.

This was also my most expensive campground, maybe because it was near the pretty expensive Jackson.

The restrooms/Showers were clean.

And there was also the possibility to book White Water Rafting tours at the front desk of the campground.

the location (as gateway to Grand Teton N.P.)

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Road Trip
  • Written August 18, 2007

Camping in the green

• goingsolo profile photo goingsolo
  • Reviews: 2750

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Various: Dude Ranches

Another way to get a sense of life out west is to stay at a dude ranch. These are actual working cattle and guest ranches which allow guests to come and stay on the ranch, usually in log cabins. Accommodations vary on the ranches, ranging from the no frills to the more luxury oriented, i.e., carpeting and air conditioning. Generally, meals and activities such as horse back riding are included. The ranches also have night time activities, such as hayrides, cookouts and nature and culture programs.

We stayed at several different ranches over the course of many summer vacations. Its been many years since I've been to them, so I can't offer specifics about rates and such, but I'd highly recommend a stay at a dude ranch, especially for families.

Here are a couple of suggestions. If you want more info, check out www.jacksonholenet.com

Triangle X Ranch- Has been owned by the Turner family for several generations. If I remember correctly and times haven't changes, this place was more moderate in terms of accommodations and food, but a fantastic experience.

Lost Creek Ranch- This place now has a full service spa, according to its website. It was the more upscale place with gourmet meals and carpeted cabins.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Adventure Travel, Family Travel
  • Written May 22, 2005

• Jeannette1 profile photo Jeannette1
  • Reviews: 249

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Trapper Inn: Moderately priced hotel in central location

We spent 2 nights at the Trapper Inn.
$99 for a double room.
Nothing fancy but it was clean and 2 blocks from Town Square. Service was friendly.
This is probably one of the cheaper hotels in downtown Jackson Hole.

jacuzzi, self-serve laundry.
No breakfast but there is a very nice place 1/2 block away called the Bunnery which serves wonderful breakfasts.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Written December 3, 2004

The Trapper Inn

• utahoutdoors profile photo utahoutdoors
  • Reviews: 6

Camping is the only way to...

Camping is the only way to experience Wyoming.

Check with the locals for spots in the National Forest to camp that way you don't have to pay for camping and you can usually find an area all to yourself.

Remember that even places close to 'civilization' often get visted by wildlife so make sure all of your food is stored properly. One night we had a pack of coyotes run through our camp.

• Opinion of Price: