Pony Express Motel

TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Based on 317 reviews
Expedia.com Travelocity

Completely Disappointed

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 3, 2011

I must say that I am extremely unimpressed with my stay at the Pony Express in Jackson, WY. While the rooms were fine (nothing too spectacular, but you get what you pay for) the turn for the worse in customer service left a bad taste in my mouth (an in those of my seven travel companions’) from the get go.

My travel companions and I booked our three rooms before we left our home in Italy a month or so before our scheduled stay. We were extremely surprised when we received a mailed copy of our invoice (including deposit, room prices, taxes, balance due, etc.) and saw that the attendant had taken the time to write a note by hand thanking us for our booking and wishing us safe travels from Italy. Needless to say, we were very pleased.

However, when we got to the Pony Express and went to check in, we saw a different side of the establishment. The attendant surprised us with a balance due that was around $40.00 more than the signed copy of the invoice that they had sent us a month prior. When we asked why, and showed them our copy, they told us that it was not their mistake, that our balance to pay was what they had on record (and not what they had sent us), and that the person who had sent us the invoice had been let go. We paid the balance this new, higher balance and told the attendant that we thought it very rude that we had to pay for their mistake (if every hotel on our 2.5 week road trip charged more then they told us, we obviously would have a very incorrect budget).

In the meantime, the supervisor came out of her office and asked what was wrong. Her first reaction was to moralize on how because it was the mistake of the worker that they let go, and therefore “not theirs,” that we should be the ones to take it. She also said she would reverse our charge. After going to the computer to do so, she then said “NO, I don’t have to do this, this is your problem.” Having witnessed their rudeness and unprofessionalism and recognizing a lost cause, we took our keys and went to our room.

Not only did we find it rude that they put their mistake (which again was a SIGNED invoice) on us, but not once did they apologize. They arrogantly put all fault on us.

Anyway, to sum up our experience: the rooms were mediocre, the service was extremely sub-par and disappointing, and the location of the hotel is far from everything.

We do not recommend the Pony Express.

Nearby Pony Express Motel

• Pets Allowed
  • Free High Speed Internet
  • Kitchenette

Jackson Travel Forum

Need advice about Jackson, Wyoming? Visit the Travel Forum for Jackson and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Jackson hotel reviews