Super 8 Jackson Hole

750 South Highway 89, (3 Blocks South Teton Turnoff), Jackson, Wyoming, 83001, United States
Booking.com Super8.com Orbitz.com

Costs 98% more than similarly rated 2 star hotels

More about Jackson

Tables Inside the Cadillac GrilleTables Inside the Cadillac Grille

Emerald Springs, Yellowstone’s Norris Geyser BasinEmerald Springs, Yellowstone’s Norris Geyser Basin

Antler Arch, Street Scene, Art Museum, Grand TetonAntler Arch, Street Scene, Art Museum, Grand Teton

driving back to the Tetons ain't so baddriving back to the Tetons ain't so bad

Things to Do & See

by kikkoman

Hi

We are visiting Jackson Hole in early June for 2 days. I have spent a lot of time searching the web to determine the most efficient way to see all the beautiful things in that place. But I have not seen much that is helpful.

My wife has bad knees and cant climb or walk for long. We will do the Tram ride and see Elk refuge. But I want to drive around and see all that is worth seeing in 2 days.

I would appreciate all tips and links to websites that may have some Info.

Thanks in advance.
Kiko

by grandmaR

Early in June there may still be snow. But my daughter went to Jackson Hole and drove through the Grand Teton NP to Yellowstone. I doubt if you could get anything out of Yellowstone in a day trip from Jackson Hole, but you could certainly see the Grand Tetons.

I also have bad knees and we are going to Yellowstone June 10-12 and I hope there's not too much snow for me to drive.

by travelgourmet

Info on Jackson Hole is found on VT's Jackson destination. I have a few tips for Jackson Hole on my VT Pages. See my VT webpage: http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/736c8/dc462/

by basstbn

We visited Jackson for a couple of days in early June '08. I don't recall that there were any elk at the refuge in June, but we saw large numbers of them in the national park. We felt that we saw plenty by taking the drives along the lakes, and getting out for short walks at a number of the pullouts. My knees were bothering me at the time, but this caused me no problems.

by Dymphna1

You could make a day trip to Yellowstone and be able to see Old Faithful and Upper Geyser Basin. They are towards the southern end of the park. If you have time I would go see Midway Geyser Basin also.

Make sure you are in Jackson one evening when they do the shoot out in the town square. They also have some wonderful art galleries there of all kinds of cowboy art.

Travel Tips for Jackson

meeting Peter

by richiecdisc

Jackson would be a nice enough National Park gateway town without Snake River Brewing but with Snake River Brewing, it's a place I can't wait to get back to. So, I guess I'd have to say: Snake River Brewing, especially at happy hour! The hike up to Amphitheater Lake was grueling. By most people's accounts we should have driven out of the Grand Teton National Park after our second backpacking trip in its amazing backcountry. Ok, the smart idea would have been to drive to Jackson, get a room and head over the Snake River Brewing but the weather remained fine and I had done this day hike my first time in the park in 1994. It was the only thing remaining from that previous trip that had not been obliterated by the recent one. Despite our weary legs, we decided to stick around in the park, squeeze in another early morning photo shoot, and yes, do the Amphitheater Lake hike. Of course, deciding and doing are two different things and we were not exactly thrilled with the exertion. It didn't help that some guy blew right by us and remained in front of us the entire way till he decided to take a breather. We eventually caught up and we had a breathless small chat before he said he was starting back up. We just had to join him and we breathed even heavier as we maintained his pace up to the admitted alpine jewel that is Amphitheater Lake.

We sat enjoyed lunch together with a small pika entertaining us with his foraging. It turned out that we had a lot in common with Peter. It was crazy just how much. He even had the same sunblock as us and really swore by it, just as we did. More interestingly he was very into trying different beers as he traveled around the US, just as we had been doing. We told him we were going to Snake River Brewing later that afternoon and made a tentative plan to meet him there. The hike down was much easier but we let him leave us in his dust as we were not in a hurry. (concluded below in Fondest Memory)

Winters Are Cold, Other Months Are Unpredictable

by KimberlyAnn

Jackson winters bring snow and cold temperatures. Summer is generally warm, but you can also get unexpected colder weather, so along with your shorts, be sure to pack a jacket and long pants. Fall and spring can bring rain or snow, cold or mild temperatures. I would recommend layers, so that you can adjust depending on what the weather brings. It is a rare restaurant in Jackson where you would need more than casual, or casual dressy clothing, so unless you have already researched the restaurants, and found one that requires a coat and tie, I would leave your most dressy clothing at home. If you are planning on heading to the national parks, and plan to get out of your car to explore, be sure to pack comfortable walking shoes, or hiking boots, especially if going to Yellowstone, were most people find that they do a lot of walking to see the sites. Remember, you are at a high altitude; it is easy to get sunburned, even when on the ski slopes in the winter, so bring a sunscreen or sun block lotion. I forgot this myself, and received a mild sunburn on a gray, overcast, dark day while hiking in the nearby national park. Of course you won’t forget your camera, but if you have binoculars, or a spotting scope, and are going to the national parks, be sure to pack those also. Always pack a hat and sunglasses, no matter what season you visit in.

My photo shows some of the items I took to Jackson. From left to right are a warm vest, slacks that the legs can be zipped off of, a short sleeve t-shirt, binoculars, sun block, a short casual denim skirt, a light waterproof windbreaker jacket, baseball cap, long sleeve shirt, sun glasses, black shorts, and comfortable hiking shoes.

Skiing at Jackson Hole

by KaiM

Steep terrain, tree runs, light powder and endless backcountry. Jackson Hole is a paradise for freeride skiers and boarders. The resort has more than 2,500 skiable acres. It is located just a 20 minute drive west of Jackson. Other ski resorts in the region: Snow King (directly at Jackson) and Grand Targhee (west of Jackson Hole).

Where Indy lives on a ranch

by KaiM

Have a look for Hollywood celebrities or politicians. Lots of them visit Jackson regularly. "Indiana Jones"-actor Harrison Ford even has a ranch in Jackson. The airport just out of town is frequently used by the stars who visit the city.

Bubba's BBQ is a must!

by KarinL about Bubba's BBQ Restaurant

You gotta love meat if you come here. Great after a day on the mountain. They've got all the usual BBQ fare, ribs, brisket, pulled pork, chicken. Also a salad bar. Amazing side dishes - beans, corn, etc. Awesome garlic bread. It's byob -and they give you ice buckets for your beer. The place is ALWAYS crowded. The only warning I have is that it closes at 8pm - so give yourself enough time if you're staying in Teton Village. I like the beef brisket sandwich, but many swear by the baby back ribs.

Comments