80 Scott Lane, Jackson, Wyoming, 83002, United States

Lodge@JacksonHole Expedia.com Booking.com

Costs 65% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Excellent Place to Stay in Jackson Hole

The Lodge is located in downtown Jackson, just off of Broadway (the main street). It is about 20 minutes from the Jackson Hole Airport (JAC), Grand Teton National Park, Teton Village, and the Jackson Hole Mountain Resort. It was recently renovated, and features an updated restaurant and buffet area. The overall design is rustic, but the rooms feature large bathrooms with modern amenities, a seating area with Keurig coffee maker, and a 3D HDTV. The beds are comfortable, and the desk features a variety of ports to connect electronics. There is a fireplace in the lobby and an indoor/outdoor pool and hot tub. Overall, it is an enjoyable stay that is well worth the money. Note: Because of its downtown location, there is not much of a view.

• KimberlyAnn's Profile Photo

Lodging, With Enhanced Comforts

The Best Western, The Lodge at Jackson Hole, is an AAA (American Auto Association) recommended hotel, and is clean and comfortable with a number of extra amenities to enhance your trip. This is a smoke free lodging, so your rooms will not have a stale, old smoky order. This 153 room, three story accommodation, has standard rooms, as well as Spa Rooms with a hot tub, and some with a fireplace. Each room contains cable satellite TV, free wireless internet, hairdryer, an iron and ironing board, microwave, refrigerator, and a coffee maker. A coin laundry is located within the hotel, and in the winter there are plug-ins for your car. Your room comes with an expanded continental breakfast, including the usual cold and hot cereal, bagels, juice, etc., as well as scrambled eggs, and hash browns.

The local town shuttle makes scheduled stops at the lodge, so that you can get around town easily for meals or shopping.

Rates vary according to the season and holiday, so check their website for the rates during your planned stay.

Unique Quality: The hotel has an indoor/outdoor heated pool and spa (pool is half inside and half outside), sauna, and an exercise facility. There are also meeting and banquet facilities available.

Directions: The Best Western is located about one mile S of the square in downtown Jackson.

• BEWARE!!! DISHONEST, BOYCOTT HOTEL

BEWARE- DISHONEST, LIARS, BOYCOTT THIS HOTEL.‎ - dixiepilot‎ - Dec 2, 2008
    We scheduled a stay at this hotel from the Jackson Hole Aviation. When we checked in they asked how long our stay was and we said from 1 to 3 days depending on if our boss got a deer on the hunt and when he did we were leaving. After the first night (beds where very firm and unable to sleep in them) the boss called and said he got lucky and got his deer so we went to check out. The clerk said since we were checking out early we had to pay a cancellation fee. (HAHA). They automatically put us down as saying we reserved the rooms for 3 days and said they were going to charge me for 2 days cancellation fees for 2 room at $227.06 ea. After many attempts to explain that they made the mistake and put us down for 3 nights they still charge my credit card. The clerk at the counter was very new and had to call Mr Trey Brazil who is the General Manager to explain but he said that was their policy. I made 4 attempts to call Mr Brazil on his phone and at the hotel but he was never there. What kind of a manager is never there? I also asked the desk clerk to have him call me. Mr Brazil never has returned my calls. Very BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE here and needless to say we will NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN. Go next door to the WYOMING INN it's 1000% better, soft beds, great service and friendly clerks.

Unique Quality: 00000 NOTHING STAY AWAY

• BennyBeee's Profile Photo

Teton Village Hotel

Great location right on the slopes of Jackson Hole Mountain Resort. You can ski/board in and out, but be aware that lift tickets are pretty pricey. The hotel is good, nothing too special. Nice hot tub but it isn't big enough plus it can be a cold walk down there from your room. The hotel restaurant is overpriced, they used to offer a complimentary breakfast but not in 05. The cleaning staff also kept taking our soaps every day and replacing everything, not a biggie but it bothered me!

• KarinL's Profile Photo

Comfortable, friendly, convenient - great hot tubs

We stay here every year for a conference and it never disappoints. Right in the center of Teton Village, Ski in ski out. The staff is VERY friendly and accomodating, the rooms are all nice, especially the suites with kitchenette, couch and fireplace. This year they seem to have upgraded to marble bathroom counters, nice fixtures, new carpet, and best of all, down comforters! None of those furry gold useless hotel blankets! They also have ski lockers and a ski shop on the premises. Laundry facilities also. Their conference rates make this a very affordable option. Regular rates are much higher.

Unique Quality: They provide white robes for all guests to use while transitioning to the outdoor hot tub, heated (very heated) pool, and sauna. They usually have 2 hot tubs, but this year it was only one. They have a cozy reception area with a computer as well as wifi connection and two very nice restaurants on the premises -- Vertical Bar and Masa Sushi.

• KaiM's Profile Photo

Hop into the Jacuzzi after an outdoor day

Western decor, 154 rooms with coffee makers, microwave and mini-bar. Continental breakfast and an indoor/outdoor pool. But the most memorable thing at the Best Western Lodge was the Jacuzzi. There is nothing better after a day of hiking through the snow at Yellowstone than a bath in a Jacuzzi. Just sit there in the hot water, relax and watch the mountains outside the pool area.

Directions: Maybe 1.5 miles southwest out of downtown Jackson.

More about Best Western The Lodge at Jackson Hole

Nice Place to Stay!

by TripAdvisor Member PCat

Stayed at the Lodge 7/9-7/14/05. Room was very large and spotless. Had two queen beds, a sofa bed, microwave, mini fridge and large bathroom. Big enough to accommodate two adults and 15 and 11 year old boys. Indoor/outdoor pool was a little cool, but the kids didn't mind. The outside pool area is very clean and peaceful with the surrounding evergreens. Laundry facilities were a plus ($1.50 per load). Location was good -- didn't have to deal with in-town traffic and plenty of shopping (Albertson's Grocery) and food (Wendy's, Pizza Hut Buffet, Sidewinders Sports Bar) nearby. Only complaint was the breakfast -- too many eggs and not enough other choices. I agree with the other review -- some donuts, muffins and other fruit (apples, bananas) would have been better. As far as the complaint about kids using the free internet -- I asked them if I could use the computer one night and they gave it up no problem. We were supposed to stay at Teton Village and were glad that we switched. I would highly recommend this place to anyone coming to Jackson that doesn't want to pay over $300 per night. (We paid $206).

Can someone tell me what a Teton is?

by TripAdvisor Member MyVacationReview

A last minute change landed us in Jackson. Our lucky break. The room and atmosphere was excellent. The front desk staff was first rate. And Jackson is incredible. Our first plan was to only drive through on our way to the Tetons and Yellowstone. We’re glad that those plans changed. Dining nearby or drive into downtown and enjoy an elk burger at the the Million Dollar Cowboy Bar. One minor drawback might be the hotel's poorly lighted back parking lot.

Over priced and then there's BIG NOISE Incident

by TripAdvisor Member GD2004

The bear sculptures are very cute. The antler lamps in the rooms are also cute. The room is a very good size, but it is just a room with a mini bar and sitting area. It is not a mini-suite. It is $206. For over two hundred dollars when something is described as a mini suite, I don't really expect it to be just a room.

Now that said, it is a nice room. It is clean (except for a little problem we had - and oddly encountered in another hotel during our recent 16 day jaunt across the west - of the maid service leaving a cleaning cloth/hairs in the bathtub upon arrival - ick. at other hotel apologies and an unrequested discount. just a smile and a sigh here, which appears to be management's style just wait. more is coming). It has original, nice art on the walls. The beds are very comfortable, and there is a view, of sorts, of the ski slopes near by.

If this room was $125, I would've said great. But for $206 plus tax? It's okay. It is not great. And without really changing the room or the price they could make it a whole lot better.

First - the breakfast, FOR THE PRICE, is poor. There are decent eggs and potatoes but no bacon, no cut fruit/bananas etc. Wait, there was cut grapefruit but it was inedible. There is a BW in Fortuna CA that for one quarter the price servces chipped beef, bacon, hard boiled and scrambled eggs, waffles, pastries, etc. I had sort of expected a similar spread considering the emphasis put on it "a FULL breakfast is served." This is not a full breakfast.
Second - the pool. The hot tub and the pool itself are too cold. Hot tub very clean, pool not so spotless. The coldness judging by the posts is an on going problem. Again, for the price - fix it!

Third, location. It is FAR from town square (two miles - I mean far enough that you cannot walk at night as it is dark and there are no sidewalks out this far). If one more person - three did - at the hotel recommended to me, after I drove for five hours, and wanted some place cool, that I eat at a place "like a Chilli's" because it was close to the hotel, I would've screamed. Nope, didn't want to eat at the Wendy's either.

Four - HERE's my big personal COMPLAINT - and it bespeaks the management's style here more than the actual situation.

We had a room on the third floor but near the front check in island. At two a.m. on the second night of our stay we were awakened by BLASTING, window rattling rap/rock. Looking outside, there was a huge Hummer like vehicle parked with motor running blasting that music. I call the front desk, they can't hear it (must be deaf.) I call back. Yes, it is 'probably' the guy they are checking in and they will 'look into' it. I call back again, yes it is the guy, but they are just trying to 'keep the peace, and avoid a 'situation'." I explain they HAVE a situation and should deal with it. The front desk guy sighs like it is such an imposition. On the fourth call when I tell him I am about to call the police, he actually deals with the situation.

The music is turned down and the guy leaves, whether he parked his car and was allowed to check in, or whether he was chased away no one could tell me, but it appeared as if the desk guy and the 'guest' had an altercation as viewed from the front window.

This should've been handled ALOT better. I do not need to make four calls at 2 am and deal with the desk clerk's denial. If he couldn't handle it - call the cops!

my kids were up for two hours. Yeah, great night's sleep.

Next morning front desk staff tries to tell me i have to wait (two hours!) for manager to arrive. I demand to speak to him by phone. next i am told real manager is in europe, but the acting manager, his nephew is in, but on the phone, they just didn't realize he was there. Considering the office is cubicle sized, they must be blind, to match the deaf desk staff of the previous night.

So the acting manager appears. He is very unhappy and nervous before I say boo to him. Obviously despite professed ignorance of 'what went on,' he was nervous for SOME reason.

So, do you think they credit me the night's stay with great cordiality and apologize? No. They act like wow, what an imposition that they had to deal with not only a 'bad guest i am just hearing about now' but also 'your complaints.'

Eventually they grudgingly give me $79 dollars off my room rate /incidentals (we rented a movie and I made a long phone call). really not cool. Should've been, soooo sorry , and how can we make this up to you, right?

Oh and the acting manager couldn't figure out how to use the computer. I went to breakfast, came back, desk guy gave me the adjusted bill. acting manager was hiding in the back office. Didn't want to talk to me again.

So - decent place, clean place, not close to town square, not a great value but then some places in Jackson look downright scary and Armagani wanted $400 a night. Do not expect the best in breakfast, pool, or customer service.

Lodge-ically the Best

by TripAdvisor Member GraceKBoyertown_PA

Just back from our first trip to Wyoming's Grand Tetons and we could not have selected a better place to stay than the Best Western Lodge at Jackson Hole. The staff at the front desk were friendly, welcoming, helpful. Importantly, they knew the area well and could help with directions and maps. The rooms were large and well appointed and the beds were exceptionally comfortable. The bathroom was large and bright. Housekeeping was first-class. The free breakfast was very well prepared--mostly scrambled egg dishes (great for Atkins fans)--but cereals, bagels, and a variety of breads for toasting were also available. The orange juice was quite good, though the coffee was a bit strong for my taste. (I found the coffees elsewhere in the area to be quite strong--even Starbuck's--so you can gague that remark). Overall, staying at the Best Western Lodge in Jackson Hole helped make our trip comfortable and more memorable. We'd definitely recommend it and would stay there again.

Horrible Customer Service - Manager

by TripAdvisor Member JeanWeekends

I had a reservation to stay here at this facility for one night, a Sunday night, Sep. 25th. I had placed my reservation through the internet Bestwestern. I had a confirmation number. The email confirming the reservation does state:
Deposit Policy
The full amount of stay excluding tax will be charged to your credit card immediately

Cancellation Policy
Cancel before 4 PM hotel time on Sep. 22, 2005 to avoid a charge

My credit card was immediately charged - just like they said.

The area (Grand Teton National Park and Yellowstone National Park) is just so wonderful and inviting that ALL the nice places are booked and showing no vacancy signs - even in September. I was a bit panicked about the upcoming room reservations and started calling in advance where I had booked my rooms. On my vacation, I did not carry a computer so all I had was paper copies of the reservation confirmation.

On Friday, Sep. 23, I called this hotel and asked to confirm my reservation and to check and see if they had any vacancies for Friday and Saturday night (we liked the Jackson area better than the Yellowstone area, after a week of looking around).

When I called the hotel number 307-739-9703, I identified myself, by name, both first and last. I asked if they could confirm my reservation for Sunday night. I was told that I did not have a reservation and that they did not have any vacancies. I started quoting my confirmation number and before I could even finish saying the first four of the nine digits, I was cut off, by a very rude young man. I was told that the number I had was not one of their confirmation numbers and that I must have a reservation at "the other Best Western - The Inn at Jackson Hole". I was then transferred to this "other" Best Western.

The Inn at Jackson Hole did have a room for me not only Sunday night, but Friday and Saturday night - I quickly accepted the room (which was GREAT, BTW). As I was speaking with the helpful person at the "Inn", I explained what had happened to me and she said that I probably did have a room reserved at the "Lodge", but if I had used the "central booking" facility that they might not recognize the number.

I called back to the "Lodge" and was again treated with disrespect and rudeness. I was not "allowed" to cancel my reservation (after I had to point out to them that indeed I did have one).

I took the problem to the 1-800-WESTERN Customer Service and was promised that someone would look into the problem. That a file was opened, but that each facility was individually owned and it would be up to them to acknowledge my complaint and refund my charges.

At this point I was NOT going to stay at the "Lodge". The management here is immature and rude. I have now read that others have had this same kind of complaint with the “manager”. The Best Western Customer Service department confirmed that it is the manager (by reading previous reviews, maybe he is the REAL manager’s nephew, but acting manager, none the less), that I had spoken to both times I called the “Lodge at Jackson Hole”.

All my issues are documented and re-confirmed with the Customer Service department of the Best Western worldwide reservations offices, but my money will not be refunded. The manager will not refund ($152. for a King room).

I had a great stay at the "Inn" though. I will add comments on my stay there on the appropriate site.

Comments