Wagon Wheel Village

Expedia.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

Costs 66% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

More about Wagon Wheel Village

Lovely, lovely little village

What a lovely western village. Our family had a wonderful time in Jackson especially at Wagon Wheel. During our stay we were able to watch the property transform to gorgeous green grass, people planting thousands of flowers and baby geese all over the property. We spent hours just sitting around in different spots of the property watching all the different birds come to the bird feeders. They have these really unique Wagon Wheel benches. We were not huge fans of the restuarant but highly recommend this motel. It was a very peaceful, relaxing vacation.

We especially liked that the rooms are tucked back from the main road which made it quiet and not near all the traffic.

Natural Beauty and Great Food!

by TripAdvisor Member elenaa

While visiting Grand Teton National Park and staying at the cabins in Colter Bay Village, we also enjoyed dining at the Wagon Wheel. It iis right in the village; everything there is within walking distance. They have a wonderful menu, reasonably priced and fabulous and freindly service. We had the meatloaf, better than Grandma's and the trout[on our server's recommendation, we ordered it grilled]. It was all delicious. The staff at the whole village is terrific. People from all over the country and world, friendly, chatty and interesting.

You get what you pay for!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member FLORIDASUN74

We stayed at the Wagon Wheel for 6 nights. The first night we stayed in a standard room with just one bed and we realized that we were not going to be satisfied the next 5 nights in such a small room with all of our hiking and biking gear. We opted to upgrade to a much bigger room and what a difference it was for only $35.00 more per night. We made our complaint to the front desk clerk about the room and I am so glad they rearranged rooms and gave us the option to upgrade. THE MONEY DIFFERENCE MADE OUR STAY 100% MORE ENJOYABLE.

Best in the West

by TripAdvisor Member Trystedrobert

Our friends and I had been on the road for 32 days and have stayed in may motels. We were having drinks outside of the Log Cabin Saloon deciding on where we would stay. Some gorgeous girl with long brown hair and blue eyes ( I think her name was Jamye) said she worked at the motel and that she would be more than happy to help us get a good price on a room at the Wagon Wheel Village next door. It was the nicest place we have stayed at on our trip and I have never seen rooms so clean as these rooms where. Jackson people are extremely nice, especially Jamye. I highly recommend this place and that you book with Jamye. She took at least 1/2 hour helping us out and give us detailed information on what to do in Jackson and she was not even working . What a doll! Thank you Jamye and thank you Wagon Wheel Motel.

Happy with our Stay at Wagon Wheel Village

by TripAdvisor Member 807wheaton

We just returned from our trip to Jackson, Wyoming to see The Tetons and Yellowstone. We had a cabin with a Queen size bed and a shower in the bathroom. I requested the shower about a week before we arrived because I am still recovering from a broken leg. The person that took my call was very helpful and arranged the last minute change for me.
The bathroom is new and everything in it is clean and attractive.
It is small but perfectly adequate. They lighting was good in the lamps, over the vanity and overhead fan/light fixture. The TV remote did not have numbers so we had to click through every channel. We didn't spend much time watching TV with so much to see in Jackson. We found an extra warm blanket in the drawer for our two nights that were a little chilly.
We had our own parking space right by the cabin so we didn't ever have to walk far from the car. For my situation it was perfect.
We could see their Wagon Village Restaurant from our cabin window so we were able to walk over and have breakfast there. Very convenient.
I originally booked The Wagon Wheel Village because of it's close location near town. With my broken leg we never did walk to town but because I had a handicapped parking tag, we were able to find a parking place! It was also easy to drive across the street to the National Elk Refuge. There were several volunteers outside on the deck offering help with identifying birds and animals. They had their scopes and offered us a look .
I definitely would stay there again and would recommend it for a value price with good amenities.

A Few of the Items I PackedA Few of the Items I Packed

Bull With Two CowsBull With Two Cows

From Jenny LakeFrom Jenny Lake

The stagecoach halt.The stagecoach halt.

Does JH have good snow by New Years for skiing?

by swdke

Thinking about a ski trip over New Years, does JH have good snow by then? Thanks!

Re: Does JH have good snow by New Years for skiing?

by traveltime10

Oh, yeah!
you could actually go much sooner in the year.

Re: Does JH have good snow by New Years for skiing?

by ajbest

I am sorry to say but you were miss-informed on this. Jackson Hole Mountain Resort almost never has all of its runs open until mid to late January. The best snow we get is in February...

This year's snow however has not been plentiful as of yet :( Although we did just get about 45 inches in the past few days.

AJB