Inner Teton Park Road, Moran, Wyoming 83013

More about Signal Mountain Lodge

Excellent Base for Teton Visit

by TripAdvisor Member chippie

True, we'd just come down from 2 nights in a simple, woodburning stove-heated cabin at Yellowstone, but our 2 room cabin at SML truly delighted us. We were 4; husband and two 20-something daughters, in a 2 bedroom cabin. Even though I'd tried, almost daily, to book a lakefront cabin, I was not successful. However, from our outside porch and our front bedroom, we could see the lake and gorgeous Tetons just fine. From a previous posters' pictures, maybe all cabins actually have a view of Jackson Lake. With so many beautiful hikes and vistas in the Tetons, we did not spend much time there. But when we did, we were very happy. The free morning coffee, served from 5 AM to noon, was nonstop and very good. The breakfasts and one dinner we ate there were delicious, as was Leeks Marina Pizza, a restaurant also owned by SML. We arrived at SML in time for our 5:00 raft trip, offered by SML, and loved it, as well as our guide. There were 2 other families on the raft, with children aged 8 and 10, and all 12 of us thought the trip, complete with moose, eagle, osprey, and beaver, was funny, peaceful, and spectacular. Our rooms were cozy and warm, spacious, clean, and just right as a base for our Teton visit. Even though our cabin connected to two other cabins, we never heard the other occupants. You can't beat the nighttime skies, nor waking up right on a lake with snow capped mountains crystal clear in the distance.

Great Location with Outstanding Views and Good Food

by TripAdvisor Member EDH_Traveler

We stayed 2 nights at Signal Mountain Lodge recently. The location is absolutely breathtaking. The lodge is right on Jackson Lake with views of the Tetons. The cabin we stayed in was very clean and comfortable.

The Lodge is a certified Green lodge with many organic choices. I found the organic local coffee delicious.

The food at the lodge is good to very good. Dinner our first night was good, but the breakfasts and packed lunches are very good. Definitely opt for a pack lunch so you can go out exploring all day. Also, note that the food portions are very large. Two people could split some of the dinners.

The staff is very good and the lodge offers different activities. But, we did our own thing. Oxbow Bend is a great place to spot moose and it is only 5 minutes away as is the road to the top of Signal Mountain with great 360 degree views.

Overall, the Signal Mountain Lodge is a great base camp for exploring the Tetons. We will be back and we won't even think about staying anywhere else.

We just had to stay here !

by TripAdvisor Member Sharonspud

My husband and I stopped at Signal Mountain Lodge only to re-fuel the truck on our way to our our ranch holiday near Jackson, having visited Yellowstone.
We weren't even going to stop long enough to visit the lodge but I needed the lav so we popped inside. The lav had to wait as the view from the restaurant of the Grand Tetons mirrored in Jackson Lake was breath taking, and I was hooked.
We then had to stay and have a snack whilst enjoying the views, the food was ample portions and well presented and we were only eating in the bar, the restaurant which we found out a few days later was even better.

We then decided we were going to stay here after our stay at the ranch so we walked to reservations to see if they had any vacancies. The lovely lady on reception allowed us to look at the accomodation prior to booking to make sure we would be happy with it, how many places do that. We then booked a night before travelling back up through Yellowstone.

The accomodation we picked was overlooking Jackson Lake, it had a seperate lounge/ diner with fridge freezer, microwave and all cooking utensils, a seperate bedroom and bathroom, not that we needed all that, all I wanted to do was sit on the porch and look at the views, worth every penny, I just wish I had longer to sit and admire, my husband took time to walk along the shore of Jackson Lake which was a stones throw from the accomodation.

We then went to The Trapper Grill inside the lodge for our evening meal, wonderful food and wine with yet again stunning views of the sun going down over Jackson Lake and the Tetons.
Then we went to the Deadmans Bar for a night cap, for any American Football fans there is a television here to catch up on scores, us being English we don't really understand the game but I am sure it would appeal to those who do.

Being there at the end of Sept it was nice and quiet, a perfect time to visit, the trees were a beautiful colour, snow on top of The Tetons, an abundance of wildlife, no crowds, bliss.

I would recommend the Signal Mountain Lodge to couples or families but especially to anyone looking for a tranquil setting with views as stunning as these,. why stay anywhere else.
(We didn't !)

Nice place

by TripAdvisor Member OrdinaryTraveler

We enjoyed our cabin at Signal Mountain Lodge. It had an authentic log cabin feel and look to it, both inside and outside. It had electricity and a full bath. No TV. Had space heaters along the floors rather than central heat. We had a two-bedroom, four beds. The cabins are not fancy or upscale, but are quaint and pleasant if you are seeking a slightly rustic place. They are located on a circular drive, spaced decently apart but not way off from each other. The main building where the restaurants are located is nice. I was not particularly impressed with the food at the restaurant, though it was passable. The gift shops are above average. The property is located on a pretty lake with mountains, though you could not see the lake from our cabin because of trees and other buildings blocking the view. I would highly recommend the cabins to those seeking a somewhat rustic experience but not overly so.

What an experience

by TripAdvisor Member Hboe

I still daydream about our wonderful stay at the Signal Mountain Lodge, it was so special! We stayed a nice rustic logcabin with elks grassing just outside our window. The restaurants on site are excellent with good service. The location is so beautiful. I can only recommend this place and hope to return one day :-)

Beautiful Setting and Cosy Lodge

by TripAdvisor Member Claire101

We stayed here for a couple of nights and my husband had booked a little log cabin for us as a surprise for me. It was beautiful, reminded me of something from Little Red Riding Hood with the patchwork quilt on the bed.

We had a great walk around Jenny Lake on our 1st day and got caught in the rain for 2 hours but the (gas) log fire and the heaters soon dried our gear.

The restaurant was great and we really enjoyed our meals here. Was so glad we stayed and would again if we ever visited the area again/

Worn down

by TripAdvisor Member doslobos

Its a great location but the place is worn down. We stayed in a lower lakeside unit. Doors didn't close right. Furniture was worn and shabby. Concrete walks and stairs old and cracked. Not very well maintained. I expected better for the rates they charge. When I go back to the park, I am going to look for another place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member snookiebear

Stayed at Signal Mountain Lodge in mid-May for 2 nights; one can get a 1/3 reduction on rooms between opening and Memorial Day weekend; would suggest an upper lakeview unit; good view of the Teton range (but not of the 3 major Teton peaks); food at the S.M.L. Grill is acceptable and typically somewhat over-priced, especially for soup and salad; bed was comfortable and unit was warm despite lows in 30s; S.M.L. is nicely located to wildlife viewing areas in the
Park (saw brown bear just off highway about 1/4 mile from Lodge)

Excellent Stay

by TripAdvisor Member pjlapl

We booked a lower lakefront unit, which is the place to stay. The waterfront view is incredible. The brochure and web do not capture the beauty.

I agree with the common thread that the rooms are in need of an update. The furniture is in need of replacement, but the beds were comfortable. However, if you are sitting in the room you are missing the point of staying @ Signal Mountain.

The staff was competent and very responsive to our requests.

The rate is steep, but for a few nights well worth the price in light of the experience.

The absence of a TV was an added bonus.

An additional recommendation is better deck chairs for outside.

Breathtaking

by TripAdvisor Member HonestEngine

This is the most gorgeous place we've ever had the pleasure of staying at for a vacation. It was nice to have the lake and the Grand Tetons right outside our cabin door. However, it is very expensive and we were disappointed to learn that we had to pay the park fee on top of our high-priced lodging rates. We feel that the park fee should be waived for people staying at Signal Mountain Lodge. The rooms are cozy and nicely decorated but very average in every other way. The gift shops at the lodge are wonderful with a wide variety of unique gifts. The restaurant had average food, average prices but poor service.

Comments