Rock Springs KOA

86 Foothill Boulevard, Rock Springs, Wyoming, 82901, United States

Satisfaction Terrible

• filipdebont's Profile Photo

Great facilities at the campground

This campground had all the facilities you need.

There were (very)clean restrooms/showers. (That count for the men's section, of course I did not go in the women's section).

Also you needed a code to get in the restroom block, like this strangers (read people not staying on the campground) could not (miss) use these facilities.

There was also a pool with a hot tub (adults only).

There was also a coin-operated laundry, a playground, a game room, Horseshoes and a convenience store.

For the RV's there was full hook-up, even with cable TV (77 channels)

For me this was quite surprising as in Europe you do not see these big RV's, especially the onec with the parts on the side with come out of the trailer. What a luxury, some had big satelite antennas on top, provide with a big flat tv-screen, leather seats . . .

And there was I in my small tent, without airco . . . .

Unique Quality: Very friendly staff

A small anecdote :

On my day of departure, I entered the staff building, to ask if I needed to do something for the check-out . . .

And the friendly young lady answered : no no, just wave and smile at us when you leave the campground

Directions: Interstate 80, Exit 99 then east 1 mile.

• filipdebont's Profile Photo

Camping in Rock Springs

I booked this campsite via the KOA website.

I had also bought a KOA value card which costs 16 US dollars, and gives you a 10 percent discount on every registration fee you have to pay. So when you have few days of camping in your planning, these 16 dollars are quickly paid back.

The price for the tent site was 24.15US$, so I saved 2.42 US$ with my value card.
    Tax included I paid 23.46 US$.

I arrived around noon at this campground; oh it was so hot to set up the tent (38 degrees Celsius). Every tent site had a table/bench and a grill and a wooden cover. Some had placed their tent under the wooden cover, to keep the tent out of the sun.

The campground is located near the highway, so all night you have noise from the passing trucks, but if you are tired enough, you sleep anyway.

Unique Quality: clean restrooms/showers. very friendly staff

Directions: Interstate 80, Exit 99 then east 1 mile.

Comments