7680 GRANITE LOOP, Teton Village, WY 83025

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

More about Four Seasons Jackson Hole

Absolutely Fantastic!!

by TripAdvisor Member j_shad

My wife and I stayed at the Four Seasons in JH for four nights in mid-October in a valley-view room on the bed and breakfast package. I can't say enough good things about this hotel and the service that we were treated to. It was our wedding anniversary trip and the front desk sent champagne and chocolate covered strawberries to the room. The doormen could not have been more pleasant and helpful, addressing us by name and giving us bottles of water from the mini-fridge they have outside. The servers at breakfast wanted to know if our bacon was crispy enough...and if it wasn't they would be glad to take it back for more cooking! It was a five star experience in every sense. This was our first stay in a Four Seasons, but will not be our last.

The Teton Village had quite a few stores and shops that were shut down because off-season had begun, but the short drive to JH and the back door entrance to Teton National Park more than made up for this. We were there from Oct. 15-19 and we were blessed with excellent weather, but it was apparent that winter was on its way and it was definitely hit or miss with weather this late in Oct. It was an outstanding experience that I would not hesitate to recommend to anyone.

So great!

We had such a great time at this hotel. It was so nice and the staff is great. All of the food and spa services were excellent. We didn't ski but we did do a wildlife tour, dog-sledding tour, and the dinner sleigh ride. All were great but do the dog-sledding tour for a super unique experience. We will definitley go back to Jackson Hole and to the Four Seasons!!

Great Hotel - Great Service

by TripAdvisor Member BoogieFL

I just returned from a 5 day vacation in Jackson Hole, WY. We stayed at the Four Seasons in Teton Village. The hotel was great and the service couldn't have been better. Every employee you run into talked to you and wanted to help with anything they could. Also, the spa was wonderful!! We had a great room with a gas fireplace and a wonderful view that faced the ski slopes. The food was a little expensive ($24/per person) for the breakfast buffet. We ate there only one day and then drove into downtown Jackson and ate at the Virginian restaurant, great breakfast, great prices!! I would definately recommend this hotel for anyone wanting to stay in Teton Village. We originally had reservations at the Snake River Lodge until I read reviews here and changed my reservation, which I'm glad we did. The Four Seasons sits up higher on the mountain so you have a better view of the mountain, unlike the other hotels that sit at the bottom and don't have a great view. I would definately stay here again!

No better place to stay - worth the money!

by TripAdvisor Member ConnieS

If you ski/board - this is the place to stay. Slopes open at 9:00 and close at 4:00 and your hotel and room are steps away from the lifts. FS stores all the equpment and has it ready each morning. They even put heaters in your boots and clean your ski's/board. Both the Peak and the Grill allow you to ski up, eat, and go back out on the slopes. So convenient you don't have any excuses not to enjoy the experience.

HOTEL
Upscale, but comfortable. Tastefully decorated with western flare. Rooms are big with nice size bathrooms. Be sure when you book to ask for a fireplace in your room. The standard rooms come with balcony or fireplace - not usually both. The rooms with fireplace are larger and allow you to relax in your room without having to feel like you need to be in bed. We were in room 717 and had a nice view of the mountain. For 5 nights with taxes roughly $1650. We went on a slow week so the rate for a standard room was $295 + taxes.

FOOD
We thought the food was inexpensive compared to the East Coast. We had wonderful meals and never thought we paid too much for the food and service received. I guess the cost of food really has a lot to do with what you usually spend at home. No complaints.

SPA
My husband is the boarder - I spa'd! Ladies this is the ultimate in luxury. Two fireplaces, steam room, jaccuzi and cold plunge pool. Plenty of equipment in the fitness room. Everything is included - no extra fee except for services. I had the Aromatherpy Massage with Sherri and the Ultra Hydration Facial with Leslee Ann. I can't recommend these two services enough. I'm a spa junkie and both services exceeded my expectations and was worth the money.

ACTIVITIES
Book through goosewing - in advance because they usually offer a discount for on-line booking. We booked a 1/2 day snowmobile tour to Gros Ventre and full-day snowcoach to Yellowstone. 1/2 day is enough on a snowmobile - we would not recommend you do a full-day on snowmobile. Also - Yellowstone has very different weather and it changes on a dime. We were sooooo glad we booked the snowcoach. The snowcoach through goosewing is a Ford Excusion. We only had 1 other couple on the same tour. Very comfortable, warm and worth the money. Goosewing has pick-up at the hotel for all services booked.

NEED TO KNOW BEFORE PLANNING A TRIP
Teton Village has limited food options. Four Seasons is by far the best place to eat for a nice meal. If your just hungry - go to Mangy Moose. Being from the East Coast we were up very early every morning. Went to Mangy Moose every morning for breakfast. The Moose opens at 7:00. They also have WIFI for free - so if you need to do a little work or check/send emails this is the place to go. You can also get coffee by 5:30 in the lobby of the Four Seasons and your room has a coffee maker.

Rent an SUV. Not many taxi's AND when you need to leave Teton Village the taxi has to come from Jackson so you need about 20-30 minutes advanced notice to have a taxi ready for you. We rented a 2006 SUV for $250 for a week using HotWire.com. If you contact the rental companies directly - rate was $600 for the week. We went in to Jackson several times for dinner and drinks. Also, much easier to haul your luggage and equipment when your in control of your transportation.

Teton Village vs. Jackson. Really it is a personal preference, but we found that the drive from Teton to Jackson was easy and were glad we picked the FS in Teton Village. I'm not a shopper - but if you are traveling with a shopper you may wish to stay at Snow King or the Rusty Parrot which are both in/nearest to town.

A in-town option for hotel if you just want a room. Our flight from Dulles didn't get into Jackson until 10:00 p.m. We booked the Best Western Lodge in Jackson for our first night. This is a lovely hotel. Room has fireplace, mini-kitchen, king bed and big bathroom. Our rate with taxes was $107. If your just coming for the weekend and will be skiing/boarding all day - this is a clean, well kept hotel right in town.

WHAT TO PACK
Ladies - leave the nice clothes at home. This a a jean, sweater, boot kind of place. You will not need slacks or dress shoes. AND - please do yourself a favor and not pack anything with high heels. Pack warm boots, long johns, snow pants, wool socks, hat, gloves, sweaters, and coat. Lounge wear to wear in your room. Exercise wear and swim suit for the spa/fitness/outside heated pool.

If you don't want to bring ski's/board - you can rent all the equipment at FS or neighboring ski school.

Hope this information is helpful in planning your trip to Jackson Hole. This was our first trip and we will definitely be back in the summer to check out the summer fun. You cannot go wrong with the FS's. Book your trip today!

Wonderful Hotel

Everything about our stay was excellent! The room was so nice and comfortable - fireplace, balcony, tasteful western decor. Ski in/ski out access is amazing. The spa is wonderful, as well - great facilities. We enjoyed the smores and hot drinks served at the heated outdoor pool. Our trip was worth every penny. The hotel has a very comfortable, cozy atmosphere. Can't wait to return.

A+

We just returned and had a great experience. The service and amenities were impeccable. HIghly recommended. I never thought I would feel as if I was getting value for $600 per night, but this time, I did.

Slob appeal

by TripAdvisor Member travelizer

Yes the resort is slopeside, but you won't get what you pay for. It's mostly over rated and full of a lot of guests that are "full" of themselves. Be prepared for loud cell phone conversations while having lunch, undisciplined kids running rampant in the lounge, Europeans sunning their babies on the smoking deck, people walking around in their bathrobes and slippers, and a staff that has a smile on their face and a hand out for a tip at every turn.
My issue has nothing to do with the cost, although the hotel manager's intention to nickle and dime you at every turn does take it's toll. After spending a week there, I frankly don't get it. Why aggravate yourself with this kind of petty experience when you can stay at a condo slopeside, the Snake River, or any of a number of more restful places.

Loved every moment!

by TripAdvisor Member aqua_girl68

My husband and I stayed at the Four Seasons after doing a roadtrip from CA to Yellowstone to Jackson Hole. We were tired and while other accomodations had been adequate, the sheer luxury of the Four Seasons made us feel like we were worth a million dollars. We stayed two nights and our room was fabulous. I also requested some of my clothes laundered as I had run out of clean clothes and the rates were very reasonable. The hotel staff was incredibly accomodating and the restaurant was fantastic both nights.

We were there during the off seasona and we could not have had a better time. It was as if we had the hotel to ourselves. The hotel went out of their way to accomodate some requests I made and while we were charged for them, I don't expect to stay at a hotel this caliber if I want to pinch pennies. All in all, it was exactly what my husband and I needed to recharge our batteries for the long drive back to CA.

I highly recommend it for those who appreciate luxury and are willing to pay for it.

Snooty Staff/Average rooms

by TripAdvisor Member Lisacpnj

Was impressed by the location, but not by the hotel staff. Found the rooms to be of average nature. Not really spacious, not really as impressive as other Four Seasons Resorts. Found the staff young, and very snooty. Asked for dinner locations and the only would reccommend places of 100.00 or more a couple. When we mentioned we found some great local places for breakfast around 10-20 a head they said "we would not send our guests to those places" These were good places, great food and I did not leave hungry as with the $50.00 a head breakfast places! For such a young staff (average age 25) I want to know where they end up having 100.00 to go for dinner every night.

Found the rooms to be tight in space but the views of the Tetons were wonderful. Lobby was wonderful and porch at bar was nice but guests were snooty and nasty also.

Fantastic

by TripAdvisor Member psgriswold

My parents and I recently spent a night at the property following a tour of the parks. It was an incredible stay. The rooms are huge with a fantastic bath room. Staying in the off season was great- very reasonable room rates (less than $200) and very few people. I found all of the staff to be incredibly friendly and outgoing. We received a wonderful lunch recommendation in Jackson from the staff that was both very tasty and very cheap. The pool area is well designed with a river stream motif. The pool area is a little small which was no problem for us as there were never more than than 6 people there (despite 75 degrees and lots of sun) but it might be seem crowded during the busy season. The main dining room was nice and they had very reasonable prix fix option. Over all, it was a great experience and a great opportunity for us "middle income" types to experience a Four Seasons.

Comments